• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The tragedy of Londo Mollari

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GKarsEye:
Likewise, this dichotomy exists betwixt Londo and G'Kar: Epimetheus and Prometheus, respectively.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know, this is actually a very good analogy. **Applauds**

I hadn't thought of that at all. Then again, I rarely think, so that's not a great surprise.
tongue.gif

------------------
"Narns, Humans, Centauri... we all do what we do for the same reason: because it seems like a good idea at the time." - G'Kar, Mind War
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wipster:
What I want to know is, what was the eye that does not see (from Lady Morella's prediction)? Was it G'Kar? Was it the eye from S1 (which we never heard of again)? Was it mentioned in the trilogy and I just missed it (or forgot it, probably more likely)? I think it was G'Kar, but what's everyone else's opinion? Did JMS ever say?
crazy.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wasn't around this place for the extensive discussion referenced above, but I've been involved in countless discussions about it in other places, and I have come to what I feel is an indisputable conclusion:

There is no single correct interpretation of any element of that prophecy.

Because, after all, those are the best type of prophecies. They make you think about what you're doing, rather than just telling you what to do.

And because, as JMS stated many times in much more elegant terms, the whole point of the thing is asking the questions, not giving the answers.

As far as JMS stating the meaning of the "eye that does not see", he didn't. He reused those words, but didn't explicitly make the any connection to the prophecy. I know. I was there. I have the original Compuserve message in my archives.

I suspect he was simply amusing himself with our reactions.
smile.gif

------------------
-- Marty
"I should probably come up with something clever to put in this sig."

Thanks Marty! That was the best answer I've heard...very Vorlonish
laugh.gif

Glad to have you on board. I read this site a lot (don't post very often), and it's good to know we've got folks like yourself and Joe D. here to answer the tough questions (or at least ask tougher questions)
cool.gif

------------------
Wipster

"Live Long in Prosser"

Where can one get news of JMS? Or for that matter, actually chat with him? Some people seem to be able to get regular news of him. Can somebody enlighten me plese?

------------------
May the light of the Buddha, Dhamma and Sangha protect you.

May you all be well and happy, free from suffering, free from sickness.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wyvern:
I think the word you're looking for is "Especially", not "even".
smile.gif
The Centauri view the Narns as the cause of all of their problems.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good point Wyvern. Thanks for reminding me of that.
smile.gif

------------------
Lorien: Who are you?
RW: The salad man.
Lorien: Why are you here?
RW: To be the salad ambassador.
Lorien: What do you want?
RW: Everyone to know the joys of salad.
Lorien: Do you have anything worth living for?
RW: Yes, my salad bars.

http://www.jmsnews.com/ is an archive of over 16,000 messages JMS has posted over the last 10 years. It's very complete and is constantly updated.

He posts in several places, mostly moderated newsgroups on Usenet.

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wipster:
Thanks Marty! That was the best answer I've heard...very Vorlonish
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks. I've been practicing.
smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
folks like yourself and Joe D.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's weird. Ever since I came in here, I've been getting lumped into a category with Joe D.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you. I think it's something of an honor, actually, but don't tell him that...
wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AngelSummers:
Where can one get news of JMS? Or for that matter, actually chat with him? Some people seem to be able to get regular news of him. Can somebody enlighten me plese?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's pretty scarce online these days. From time to time, he'll pop in to the .mod group or the Compuserve SFMEDIA forum for a message or two, but nothing like the old days when he used to be there commenting on every episode and news item.

And I don't think he's done unmoderated chats for many, many years, though I could be wrong.

The JMSNews archive mentioned just above is the best place to go to find his words.

------------------
-- Marty
Daylight is good at arriving at the right time
No, it's not always going to be this grey
All things must pass... [G. Harrison]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back