• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Temporal Void and other Peter F Hamilton works

So any other fans of this master of epic sci-fi? I first started reading hamilton when the nights dawn trilogy first came out, and currently enjoying the second part of the void trilogy, shame I have to wait till 2011 for the next chapter THREE LONG LONG YEARS :eek:

I've read the first two Commonwealth ones (actually just finished a rare re-read). The first one of the void trilogy is sitting on my shelf, but I got some other stuff to get throught first.

I read the Nights Dawn books as a teenager. They were great then.

Hamilton is certianly up there with Banks in terms of ideas. All his characters tend to gel into a few archtypes (grizzled vet, nerdy type, perfect intellegent untouchable female, randy intellegent very touchable female etc.), but his prose and dialogue generally get me through. I think Fallen Dragon is probably his best, and a nice, rare example of good standalone sc-fi with big ideas and a character driven plot co-existing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back