• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

the seriese and what it will mean for the actors

Cleron

Regular
well ive been thinking about this the past week and haven't really found out a good way of saying this so ill just "wing it"

basically id like to know how the actors think the series "if it goes ahead" will effect there lives, 5 years of stability in a industry where stability can be hard to find... working with the same actors "mostly" for 5 years and the fact that b5lr will be quite a popular show meaning lots of fame

"this is assuming it goes ahead"

------------------
G'kar " No dictator no invader can hold an imprissioned population by force of arms .forever.. there is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom...against that power goverments and tirants and armies Cannot stand... The centuri learned this lession once ... We will teach it to them again... though it take a thousand years... We will be Free!"

Well Cleron, these kind of moments are rare; possible 5 yr series (2 would be astounding 5 would be devine), great cast and crew that from the onset seemed to be communicating and an enthusiastic fan base to share the fun with...
for me personally, it would be like having a slice of my perfect universe served up.
And one of my short term goals that have been culminating for the last ten years would also be realized.
Like my stubborn mother I refuse to give up. And I love what I do when I get to do it.
I feel prepared, eagerly anxious, focused and ready for the challenge of Babylon 5; The Lengend of the Rangers... if I'm called up.
And hopefully I can always look to veterans like Andreas Katsulas and our own Captain, Dylan Neal to help guide in what might come with a successful show and the crazy world of "Da Biz".
We saw one of the final cuts of B5LR and fell in love! The show rocks and delivers and it looks amazing! I wait impatiently for it's release in January 2002. I think you're gonna like... a lot!
laugh.gif

I would happily pledge 5yrs to "Vision JMS" and B5LR, it could only promise to be fun, Fun, FUN!
smile.gif

Dean
aka Malcolm "bb" Bridges

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Live life full and free; TerrortotheTerrorist <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

One word: Residuals
tongue.gif

------------------
You are not entitled to your own opinion. You are only entitled to your own informed opinion.
-- Harlan Ellison qouting Gustave Flaubert

Residuals aren't as much as you think, especially on cable. Hello everyone, I'm back from China and glad to be home!

Cleron this is a touchy subject for some to talk openly and honestly about since money and fame are sometimes regarded as taboo topics for artists (I'm including all the arts). When you work on Wall Street you're expected to make as much money as you can and applauded for it. However an artist is "supposed" to strive for higher ideals in their work, even though let's face it, if you work a lot in this business (entertainment) you make gobs of money. I personally have no problem with that little caveat, hee, hee.

In regard to Rangers, as you said yourself Cleron, we don't even know if we're going to get picked up, let alone last more than a year if we do. Just because Babylon 5 went for five years (and that was iffy at times) and Joe has a penchant for long story arcs, we can't get ahead of ourselves.

I guess I'm not sure how to answer your question, since as an actor I've always had to temper my optimism with a good dose of caution for my own sanity. O. K. how about this? If Rangers went for many seasons, naturally that would be wonderful. Creatively it should be fun, the cast has a good bond to build from, financially it would be a monster and in regard to fame, I think it would be fortunately very small. You have to remember that Babylon 5 to this point has no mainstream following, and Sci Fi reaches a very small, very particular demographic. I've had a taste of television popularity over the years and while it can have it's fun moments, I certainly don't relish it.

I think Rangers represents a great opportunity for all the actors in a way that would be unique and special to each individual. We all have different ambitions and experiences, and at the end of the day, it's simply nice to be working as an actor.

By the way, Doug Netter called me and will be sending me a copy of the final cut in a few days. I'll report back.

Regards,

Dylan

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> By the way, Doug Netter called me and will be sending me a copy of the final cut in a few days. I'll report back.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If your entire Mailbox disappears in the next few days, you'll know you shouldn't have posted that.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

HEEHEEHEE
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
That was a good one Bakana
wink.gif

------------------
--Never argue with an
idiot. They will drag you
down to their level and
then beat you with
experience.--

Yes, perhaps our friend Dylan should have said "small, particular, and INSANE" group of people.
laugh.gif
crazy.gif
shocked.gif

(Poor guy is going to get it delivered by armored truck after this thread!)

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> If your entire Mailbox disappears in the next few days, you'll know you shouldn't have posted that.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

O.K. maybe I should have been a little clearer... I will be personally picking up the tape at Doug's office, only to be returning it before the strike of midnight per Mr. Netter's instructions. When I asked what would happen if I failed to return the tape on time, all I could hear was a very faint goulish chuckle on the other end of the phone followed by a click as the line went dead.

I think Doug's been hanging around Joe too long. Or is it the other way around....?

Dylan

------------------

Well, I would think from the way Dylan and Dean have talked, they and the other cast members would be absolutely thrilled to have a Ranger series. It would give them a better chance to learn more about the B5 universe and its fans (and yes many of us are crazy, but we love our show!
laugh.gif
smile.gif
) and give them a steady, lasting job, provided the series goes 5 years. I think they would be honored to be a part of the B5 universe and be happy to be part of the cast.
smile.gif

------------------
Last night I had a dream of purple wombats doing showtunes around my salad bar. RW, Anla'Salad'Shok'Na of the Salad Rangers.

[This message has been edited by RW7427 (edited September 26, 2001).]

I think Joe had a funny story about producers in his scriptwriting book.

A friend of his was producing a show that Joe was writing for (Twilight Zone maybe). The producer said something to the effect of: "Right now, I'm your friend, but when I'm the producer, I become an inhuman monster. I sprout hair and grow fangs."

Doug Netter sprouting hair and growing fangs would be cool...
shocked.gif

------------------
"We are all Kosh."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dylan Neal:
I think Doug's been hanging around Joe too long. Or is it the other way around....?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Dougs nickname has long been Rattlesnake. I think there is a reason for that...

------------------
You are not entitled to your own opinion. You are only entitled to your own informed opinion.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dylan Neal:
and Sci Fi reaches a very small, very particular demographic.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I think you're underestimating SciFi a bit here. It sure ain't no Network, but it has managed claw itself far enough up the rankings to become one of the US' 10 biggest cable channels. Hofully, Rangers will help it grow even further...

------------------

We may have started OUT as a small, dedicated, insane group.
But.
Some of us have been Reproducing.
Just the other night a friend introduced me to her new son.
Her daughter now has a little brother to annoy when he gets a bit older.
wink.gif

For that matter, the First convention I ever worked at, we had TWO women on staff (department heads) with newborn babies.
We began indoctrinating The Kids from age Two Weeks.
tongue.gif
laugh.gif
cool.gif

Our Con Suite had a "Breast Feeding" room.
shocked.gif

Some friends who run another Con began turning various functions over to Their kids about 4 years ago.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.

SciFi has grown, but it still has a reputation as the Place Where Old Shows Go To Die.

Although they've had a great little marketing campaign to get people to watch their new shows, and that has helped immesurably. Farscape is probably more well-known than Babylon 5 was in its day.

A Rangers series would be good for everybody. Including poor Enterprise-deprived me.

All right, now I'm going back into my self-imposed BBS exile, 'cause this thesis needs to get done...

------------------
Channe, Freelance Writer Extraordinaire and The Next JMS
--
B5 Synchroninity of the Day: I just found out that the new dorm I'm living in next year has been named Breen Hall.

I also can't watch Enterprise--my cable-company doesn't carry the local UPN channel (& forget trying to watch it on an antenna, because TV-reception is lousy in this area). So I am anxiously awaiting Rangers.

Tammy

------------------

"We're in here! Can anyone hear us?"
"I hear you." [giggle, laugh]
"In here!"
"We are here." [giggle, laugh]
-- Londo and G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Convictions"

Tammy's Station
http://community.webtv.net/gkarfan/TammysStation

I dislike golf with a passion usually only reserved for writing. But, however, I will gladly subject myself to eighty-six holes of it if I can filch your copy of the Rangers telemovie...

In Valen's name! The things I do for this franchise!

Ah, bah - I'm back for good. I just can't stay away from this bulletin board - it's honestly the best I've ever been on.

I am now going to go pull a JMS and write for ten hours on Jesuits and aliens...

------------------
Channe, Freelance Writer Extraordinaire, the next JMS, neo-academic, President of the Unofficial Society For The Appreciation Of Captain Martel, and keeper of the Sacred Flame Of The Madrecasa.

The first time I saw that scene, I howled in amusement. That is one of the truly funny B5 scenes - in fact, it reminds me a lot of the pranks I used to play in the dining hall freshman year.

Right now, I could honestly use golf. Or a break. Or -something-. Golf, anyone? I'm desperate to unattach myself from this computer!

------------------
Channe, Freelance Writer Extraordinaire, the next JMS, neo-academic, President of the Unofficial Society For The Appreciation Of Captain Martel, and keeper of the Sacred Flame Of The Madrecasa.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> I am now going to go pull a JMS and write for ten hours on Jesuits and aliens... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you get stuck, remember that Sinclair studied with the Jesuits as a boy. Maybe he can offer some advice.
wink.gif
crazy.gif
laugh.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> "The time I learned to really appreciate mornings was during the three years I spent being taught by Jesuits.
We used to get up at five o'clock every morning for sunrise mass, then one hour of meditation before class.
We'd sit, quiet, in peace.
Breathing in, breathing out.
Breathing in, breathing out.
Breathing in, breathing out."

Sinclair to Ivanova in Babylon 5:"Babylon Squared" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.

I wish I could help. I haven't played a round since I got back to school.

------------------
Bus

"Yeah, we could start our own game where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing's the way it seems."-Homer

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back