• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Official Myriam Sirois Thread

Myriam, in your chat you said you have been watching the B5 episodes. What is your favorite episode or storyline so far? I'm a real Londo & G'Kar storyline fan. I found their story to be so fascinating. They end up switching places (one is bad & one is good, & then they switch), & that was very interesting to me. Peter & Andreas were so good in those roles.

Tammy

------------------

"We're in here! Can anyone hear us?"
"I hear you." [giggle, laugh]
"In here!"
"We are here." [giggle, laugh]
-- Londo and G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Convictions"

Tammy's Station
http://community.webtv.net/gkarfan/TammysStation

I suspect that, for the actors, watching the way JMS Changes the characters in B5 as the story evolves raises some interesting questions:

Have the actors started trying to guess just How their characters are going to evolve as the story plays out?

Who is going to become a "Better Person"?
Who is going to betray him(her)self?

And, of course, what are the Questions the show will demand they learn the answers to?

For Babylon 5 it was:
Who Are You? and
What do you Want?

For Crusade it was:
Who do you Serve? and
Who do you Trust?

Best hint for Rangers (judging by the trailers) is:
What are you willing to Die For?

"We die for the One! But we don't die Stupid!"

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

Hi Tammy,

Thanks for your question. As you can imagine it is extremely difficult to pick a favorite episode or storyline because there really are so many wonderful ones to choose from.

That being said, I believe that the episode in which Captain Sheridan prepares for his passing truly left the greatest impression on me. The scene in which he says goodbye to Dulenne left me in tears. I guess I have always been moved the most by a great love story. It was beautifully written and acted and for these reasons my pick as one of the best episodes I've seen so far.

Thanks again for your question Tammy.
Talk to you soon. Myriam

smile.gif
By the way what's your favorite?

------------------

Thanks for answering your earlier questions, Myriam. I can't say I've heard of the play you referenced, which is a first, for me! *grins*

I have to agree - I loved "Sleeping In Light," too. There have been many times in Babylon 5 where I've wanted to throw things at the television because it's been so bad, times when I've laughed my head off (like today's "family tree" moment), but Sleeping In Light had me sniffling like only good chick flicks usually make me do.

GKarsEye, please notice I said "good" chick flicks...
wink.gif

That's it, I just can't wait any longer for Rangers!

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "I wonder," said Frodo, "but I don't know. And that's the way of a real tale."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sarah cantrell:
That being said, I believe that the episode in which Captain Sheridan prepares for his passing truly left the greatest impression on me. The scene in which he says goodbye to Dulenne left me in tears. I guess I have always been moved the most by a great love story. It was beautifully written and acted and for these reasons my pick as one of the best episodes I've seen so far.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Sleeping in Light"

That's my second favorite episode.
laugh.gif

------------------
A proud member of the Wind Swords.
"War is life and death is the only true peace."
war-demon@b5fan.b5lr.com

Myriam, not only was SIL a Great ending, but we also got to watch JMS Turning Out the Lights.
tongue.gif
laugh.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

The way it ended both caught me by surprise and made me realize "Yes, that's the only way it Could have ended.
Best Final Episode of any show I've ever seen.

------------------

I was slightly taken aback by the explanation of why Babylon 5 had to be destroyed, as it seems quite silly - while it was working, the place was a very useful stopover and meeting place, if nothing else. Maybe they weren't bringing in enough commerce to pay the bills...?

I never thought that too plausible. It's one of my "B5 Groan Moments" (which include a lot of Early Sheridan Speeches.

But, SiL had me sniffling at the end. Gosh. What a great episode...

"Look at that... the sun's coming up..."

I need tissues. Scuse me. Sniffle.

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "I wonder," said Frodo, "but I don't know. And that's the way of a real tale."

Channe, I admit this is just a guess, but I think that B5 had basically become a "ghost town" if you'll pardon the B5LR pun.
crazy.gif

The work that B5 did when we saw it in operation shifted the traffic to other places, mostly Minbar, I think. B5 was not being visited anymore. This being the case, it became a piece of "space debris", big enough to be a threat to those passing on to other things.

I've wondered, too, if B5 is no longer needed, where else "locally" are folks traveling that would make B5 a "hazard"? Maybe that planet (what was it, anyway, I forget) is being habited again. If that's the case, B5 really WOULD be unnecessary, and would be a space hazard.

This is just a guess, obviously. But when a new center is built, for whatever reason, the old one is usually torn down to make way for new things.

------------------
"The Bible is a book: it is a good book, but is is not the only book" - Inherit the Wind

"I do not believe that the same God who
has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."—Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

Hello Myriam and you all. I stayed up for your chat (3am here in England) and was lucky enough to have two questins asked. I used the name "Elric Loves Delenn" (I don't know if you remember). I am very thankfull you took the time to take part in the chat.
I wanted to ask a third ("having watched Babylon 5, how do you think Sarah compares to the previous strong female characters seen in B5, like Delenn and Ivanova?") But sadly they didn't choose it. Many thanks for your chat though
smile.gif
smile.gif
Have a good year!
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
* "That hardly seems likely, does it?" >>>^<<<

Gosh Darn! Now I really wished I could have been at your chat, Myriam! I've read the transcript, but I think I would felt like I "knew" you better if I'd been there in person. You're such a genuinely nice person and you make me smile. You're like the female Tiger Woods, to me. (Tiger always makes me smile when I'm down.)

As for my favorite episode of B5, that would have to be War Without End. It completely blew me away. It has such a "wow, awesome, cool!" component to it, I get chills every time I see it. And then when I finally saw Season One and Bablyon Squared, I was even more amazed with how two episodes years apart could fit together so neatly.

Sleeping in Light is my second favorite episode, although it's not one I would just pull out and watch to pass the time. I have NEVER cried because of a movie or tv show until this episode. I didn't just sniffle, I was outright bawling, not something I'm proud to admit.

Well, here's hoping that Rangers makes it to series and hoping that it has some "Wow, cool, totally awesome!" moments in it.

------------------
Do you dare to enter tygirwulf's Lair?

We are all the sum of our tears - too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much and the best of us is washed away. - G'Kar

Hello!

Hope everyone is having a great day. I wanted to quickly thank you all for your questions, and especially those of you in other times zones like yourself GalenISmyPAL who stayed up to take part in my chat. 3AM huh? Now that's what I call dedication, and I thank you very much. It's all of your enthusiasm that's actually rubbed off on me.

If, or should I say when Rangers pulls in those very good numbers, I know that we're going to have all of you to thank. I definitely agree with Joe on that one!

As for your question GalenIsmyPAL...I think that Sarah embodies many characteristics of both Ivanova and Delenn. She is courageous and yet vulnerable in her own way. Opinionated and head strong but a great listener. Loyal and dedicated, she is a true friend. Let's hope for the chance we get to discover all of the characters more after Januray 19th.

I also wanted to ask Tygirwulf which episode exactly is War Without End? I'm sorry I'm not familiar with the episode titles. And can I just say that I am flattered that I was able to make you smile. What a sweet thing to say. As I've said before you guys sure know how to make someone feel good.
smile.gif
And by the way, I bawled too! But we'll just keep that between us.
wink.gif

Take care, Myriam
smile.gif

------------------

War Without End was a two-part episode which brought back into the series the character of Commander (or Ambassador) Sinclair, the commander of B5 all throughout season 1. It was a perfect mid point to the series arc for many reasons.

There were TONS of questions that were brought up about Sinclairs character in season 1, things that happened to him, things he didnt remember, things about his past and his doubts of his future. At the end of season 1, he was 'transferred' to be Ambassador for Earth to Minbar, but of course, there were other reasons. Namely, and this one is right up your alley Myriam, he was put in complete control of the Rangers. He trained Sarah Cantrell no doubt.
wink.gif

This two part episode was one of the best of the series for me for serveral reasons. It answered all the Sinclair questions left open. There was some GREAT writing and dialogue in the episode. It showed you future events and fates of some of the current series characters, and left you with questions as how those fates would come to pass. And lastly it shows you the final fate of Sinclair, which in my opinion, was one of the best and most amazing things ever told in a Sci-Fi series.

That was the long description (without giving away any spoilers). The short description is Sinclair comes back to B5 with with Delenn and Sheridan, they go to help bring Babylon 4 (the one which disappeared after it went online, then reappeared 4 years later in Season 1) through time. Complex story but one of the best ever written for any Sci-Fi series. And the last revelation in the last scene is totally huge.

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

[This message has been edited by Recoil (edited January 08, 2002).]

Myriam,

I was sorry that I missed your chat. I had to work that night, but if I did not, rest assured I would have been there.
smile.gif

I do have a couple questions for you:
How much of B5 did you see or know about before you did the Ranger movie? Was it new to you, or did you know a little about it before then? And are you surprised at the extent of B5 fandom?

------------------
Lorien: Who are you?
RW: The salad man.
Lorien: Why are you here?
RW: To be the salad ambassador.
Lorien: What do you want?
RW: Everyone to know the joys of salad.
Lorien: Do you have anything worth living for?
RW: Yes, my salad bars.

[This message has been edited by RW7427 (edited January 08, 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RW7427:
I do have a couple questions for you:
How much of B5 did you see or know about before you did the Ranger movie? Was it new to you, or did you know a little about it before then? And are you surprised at the extent of B5 fandom?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you read the transcript RW? *friendly poke* She pretty much answered the first one already which I will quote below for you:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>(PlasticFries): <snip> Have you seen any of the other Babylon 5's before?

Yes I have! When I first got the job I hadn't watched. But now I have Direct TV and I've been watching B5 almost every day. It's really been helpful in understanding where I fit into the time line

(b5-captain-sheridan): Have you watched the Babylon 5 television series?

As I mentioned before I started watching the series AFTER I did B5:LOTR. I watch on SCIFI. Unfortunately they don't always show the episodes in sequence. But I'm really watching the performances and the interactions between the characters. I was watching tonight seeing Londo and G'Kar come to an agreement to stop a war. If any of the characters come to our show...and I'm [npt] saying they will...because that would give away secrets...I now know who the players are. It's such a character driven show. You can can alawys relate to it It's about hope, and faith and your place in the universe. It's inspiring.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think your 2nd question has been answered yet so maybe she will answer it.
smile.gif

------------------
Monica Hübinette | Abyss : B5 <- New & Improved!
"Ah, you seek meaning?" ~ "Yes." ~ "Then listen to the music, not the song." —Ambassador Kosh & Talia Winters

[This message has been edited by Lyta (edited January 08, 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
I was slightly taken aback by the explanation of why Babylon 5 had to be destroyed, as it seems quite silly<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Note the tone of the Commander when he says it - To me it seemed like he was just a step away from making qoute marks with his hands. I figure it was just a weak excuse to get rid of the station, since it serves as a 5 mile long reminder of a period the Earth Alliance would very much like to forget (and thus buildng the foundation for the sentiments we saw in Deconstruction of Falling Stars).

------------------
"Nonono... It's an omen. It's a higher power trying to tell me through bunnies that we're all gonna die! Oh god!" (hear it)
-- Anya, "The Gift", Buffy the Vampire Slayer

drakh@spamcop.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
I've wondered, too, if B5 is no longer needed, where else "locally" are folks travelling that would make B5 a "hazard"? Maybe that planet (what was it, anyway, I forget) is being habited again. If that's the case, B5 really WOULD be unnecessary, and would be a space hazard.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suspect that hazard to navigation is just an excuse; a big object is easy to miss. Lots of little ones will 'machine gun' a spaceship with shrapnel.

Except for Draal and Zathras I suspect that Epsilon 3 is deserted. The planet has very little oxygen, which will make living there difficult. An inhabited planet would also need a space station for visiting space ships to dock at - keeping Babylon 5 is easier than building a new space station.

Vehicles that travel to the ground need to have smooth surfaces and be able to take very large quantities of heat. It is much cheaper and simpler to design space ships that never land. They park at the space station and transfer the cargo to a shuttle.
After 25 years, Babylon 5 will need replumbing and rewiring, same as a house. This also applies to the hull. Over the years all the attacks will have made lots of holes in the hull. They will have been patched quickly but by now will be beginning to leak.

To remain viable Babylon 5 would need a very very large amount of money spending on it. If you can go straight from say Earth to Minbar there would be no need to change space ships at Babylon 5. Without the docking fees Babylon 5 can not afford to buy the replacement parts.

------------------
Andrew Swallow

[This message has been edited by AndrewSwallow (edited January 08, 2002).]

so Myriam Sirois "Sleeping in Light" is your favorate episode. Do you like a good cry when watching plays?

------------------
Andrew Swallow

[This message has been edited by AndrewSwallow (edited January 09, 2002).]

Thanks Lyta, and no, I haven't gotten aound to reading the transcript yet.
blush.gif

------------------
Lorien: Who are you?
RW: The salad man.
Lorien: Why are you here?
RW: To be the salad ambassador.
Lorien: What do you want?
RW: Everyone to know the joys of salad.
Lorien: Do you have anything worth living for?
RW: Yes, my salad bars.

From JMS posts about Sleeping in Light:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> What was the ship Sheridan flew?

It's a smaller, personal version of a White Star.

Why scuttle the station?

There are weapons systems on board that station, computer systems, other stuff that would be too much of a hassle to dig out, and you don't want squatters setting up residence there, or raiding the place for what they can get, and maintaining a military presence there to prevent it would be expensive. With trade no longer coming through, the money to keep the station operating was gone.

Why not send it into Epsilon 3's atmosphere?

I don't see how sending a 5 mile long station plummeting into the atmosphere of Epsilon 3 is any more or less real than blowing it up in space, where salvage crews can come in and take the metal. We already *saw* bits of the debris burning up in the atmospher in the second shot... and as for sending the whole thing hurtling down, well, I think Draal might have a thing or two to say about that....

Why not tow it somewhere else?

You couldn't tow something as massive as a 5 mile long station like this through hyperspace; it'd tear apart.

It can be moved, sure, but can it *survive* the move? Also, you'd have to bring B5 through a jump point in order to bring it anywhere, and the stresses involved in that would be hideous.

Was that you turning out the lights?

Yes, that was me... I couldn't do it before the very last ep for the reasons I'd always stated, and because I was holding it out for this moment. Of course I couldn't *say* that since it would give stuff away....
jms
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

Well, the above information is all very interesting. I'm learning so much from all your posts.

Did I know about B5 when I auditioned?

Well the answer to that is yes, I knew of B5. But, that being said I didn't know much. All I had to go on when I auditioned was the material given to me moments before I went into the room.

I did know however about B5's reputation for being one of the premiere scifi programs ever made. I did know it would be a project I'd like to be involved with greatly.

As far as whether I was surprised at B5 fandom? No, not really surprised, because everyone I told about the show, knew of it already, so I was sure B5 had a great many fans. What I was surprised at was how important and significant B5 had become. The minute Joe came out to meet his fans at the Vancouver gathering, we witnessed first hand the love and admiration you all have for him. It was truly something special to see.

Good questions RW7427, thanks
smile.gif

Now, I'd like to answer your question Andrew, but I think there may be a word missing . Is it? Do I enjoy a good "cry" at a play?

If that is your question than yes I do. I enjoy having my heartstrings pulled. I have to admit.

smile.gif
Thanks again for your questions.
I'll talk to you all soon, Myriam.

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back