• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Official BSG S3 Spoiler Thread

Yeah, I was pretty damn suprised with Starbuck's actions in the last one. She went way over the edge. At first, when she sat down with Gaeta to eat, I thought "atta girl, being strong and telling the others to FU," but when she started tearing him up, I was a bit shocked. Leoben really fracked with her mind.

I foresee Baltar being allowed back into the colonial fleet. He's part of the pardon, too, though they'll have fun with the whole thing--debating that fact.

i was actually quite shocked until she tore strips off of gaeta, after all whilst i cannot begin to imagine what she went through in those four months, it can't have been something she could just shrug off.

5 Years ago, excepting Babylon 5, who would've thought a 1/4 season Occupation arc would be followed up by an even darker episode. I was happy the Chief caught onto the dog bowl, although had they spaced Gaeta, imagine the drama they could've elicted from Anders (or Starbuck) and the Chief, if it had come out later.

As to being back in space, did anyone expect the series to settle on a planet permanently prior to the end of the series? I think I must've missed some interaction between Six and Baltar. Why is she not 100% on Baltar's side in the decision to let him stay? Wasn't she all for him coming when the Lucy Lawless model (Number 3?) suggested it? Why does Six seem to feel betrayed by Baltar?

Previews spoiler coming (if you consider previews spoilers)

Anyone notice in the previews Baltar is coming to the revelation that he's a Cylon?

End spoiler space

I think I must've missed some interaction between Six and Baltar. Why is she not 100% on Baltar's side in the decision to let him stay?

Six seems to be having an identity crisis. Once they left the planet and Six was surround only by Cylons, they probably were able to more fully re-integrate her into their culture, religion and way of thinking. She feels like she may have betrayed them. She feels sympathy for humans but doesn't know how much of what she believes is due to her love for Baltar, so she thinks it may be a source of weakness that made her turn against her people.

That story line can really go anywhere.

One dorky continuity error: it was only 3 days since they evacuated New Caprica, and Lee "dropped half a stone?" I need to figure out that diet plan.

I think I must've missed some interaction between Six and Baltar. Why is she not 100% on Baltar's side in the decision to let him stay?

Six seems to be having an identity crisis. Once they left the planet and Six was surround only by Cylons, they probably were able to more fully re-integrate her into their culture, religion and way of thinking. She feels like she may have betrayed them. She feels sympathy for humans but doesn't know how much of what she believes is due to her love for Baltar, so she thinks it may be a source of weakness that made her turn against her people.

That story line can really go anywhere.

One dorky continuity error: it was only 3 days since they evacuated New Caprica, and Lee "dropped half a stone?" I need to figure out that diet plan.

Ah, OK, so it was more about her, than him, gotcha that makes sense.

Maybe it was half a kidney stone? :LOL:

As big as Lee is, 7 pounds in 3 days isn't that much for his first loss. Obviously not something one could keep up, but the first 10 pounds do come off pretty quick when you knuckle down, especially if he's gone from complete couch potato barely ever moving to becoming really active

Actually, I think Baltar asks, "Am I a cylon?" to someone. They showed that as a preview a few episodes ago as well.

I think 6 is learning she can't go against the grain of the cylon agenda. She mentioned to Baltar that she was losing perspective, letting her feelings cloud her judgment and it was time to stop. You could tell she was very torn, though.

Chances are, they'll cut him loose eventually.

Actually, I think Baltar asks, "Am I a cylon?" to someone. They showed that as a preview a few episodes ago as well.

I think 6 is learning she can't go against the grain of the cylon agenda. She mentioned to Baltar that she was losing perspective, letting her feelings cloud her judgment and it was time to stop. You could tell she was very torn, though.

Chances are, they'll cut him loose eventually.

Isn't there a reply as well, that pushes the idea further? I'm not saying his revelation is accurate, just that he seems to be coming to the same answer a lot of viewers came to long ago.

the possibility of baltar being a cylon is an interesting one, but ultimately it would create many plot holes.

I really hope that's just a red herring. The only reason he's interesting is because he's a human caught in the middle of this conflict.

the possibility of baltar being a cylon is an interesting one, but ultimately it would create many plot holes.

I'm not sure about plot holes, Sharon didn't know she was a Cylon until after she shot Adama.

But, I agree with GKE, probably much better to not have Baltar actually turn out to be a Cylon. Although, nothing wrong with him thinking he is for a half season. ;)

The gaping plot hole being...why would Six need to seduce Baltar to lower the colonies defenses, when really one of their own sleeper agents was the one who designed it? They could have just activated him and done the job.

That would be such a huge plot hole it could acheive critical mass and collapse in on itself, pulling the rest of the show in with it...

Unless it was all part of their plan to see if they could get a Cylon who thought he was human to betray humanity (and "activiate" him in case that didn't work). A-ha!

Really, with the confused, conflicting motivations of the Cylons in this show, they could reveal anything and it wouldn't be bigger than the plot holes that already exist.

I don't think the confused, conflicting motivations are a plot hole so much as a symptom of them being created by humans :)

Frankly, I don't think Baltar will be a Cylon. If they were to reveal that, they wouldn't show it in a teaser. They're showing it in the teaser as a shocker thing and as a red herring, just like the teaser for Exodus Part Deux shows Boomer warning about the two basestars jumping in, only for that to turn out to be the two drones in the actual episode.

Just my 2 cents :)

--mcn

If Baltar ends up being a cylon, I think it'll have to be because the show's creators just don't know what els to do with Baltar's character anymore. I personally think it'd be stupid giving exactly what Recoil explained above about it then having been totally and completely unnecessary for the cylons to have sent Six to dupe Baltar; it'd just totally deflate the betrayal.

That aside, I wouldn't mind a new model of cylon being revealed, preferably some attractive dude cylon. :D They've got hot women cylons, but the males are visually bleh. ;)

I don't believe he's a cylon, no. If there is any weird twist with Baltar is that he inadvertantly created the new models by some of his fancy research or so forth.

In the original series, if I recall, didn't he have his head cut off and a cylon head placed on top? Maybe they'll alter him and send him back. =)

I think Baltar as a cylon is too . . . I dunno . . . forced? He's a great human--utterly flawed. The cylons wish they had an ounce of his humanity (as depraved as it it.) =)

Something happened when the cylons got him. I don't know where I got the head part from. Any idea? lol

Or you could just say ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm nooooooo again. =)

Ok, there are several endings to the original BSG story arc, which was editied into a movie for some regions (inc. the UK)

In the TV ending, Baltar gets promoted to replace the imperious leader who was blown up, and gets a robot with a silly glowing head and camp voice called Lucifer to help him out, that may be where the confusion is.

In the movie edits, he gets his head lopped off by a cylon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlestar_Galactica_(film)#Facts_and_figures

That may be where the confusion comes from...

Ok, there are several endings to the original BSG story arc, which was editied into a movie for some regions (inc. the UK)

In the TV ending, Baltar gets promoted to replace the imperious leader who was blown up, and gets a robot with a silly glowing head and camp voice called Lucifer to help him out, that may be where the confusion is.

But in the original series, Baltar had that silly Lucifer robot the entire time. The robot used to constantly mock Baltar. Campy is a good word to describe him. And the original series didn't "End." It only lasted one season, then they decided to change it and called it "Galactica 1980"...a move many people are still trying to forget. 1980 was basically after the Galactica found Earth, almost none of the characters in the first season were in it, and I think it had a lot to do with 2 Viper pilots travelling through time and crap. It was really messed up.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back