• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Official BSG S3 Spoiler Thread

Have we all decided to stop watching?

This last ep was pretty weak. Where's Doc Roberts been hiding all this time? Oh, yes, on the good ship Plot Device, along with the rest of the despised Sagittarons and their crazy beliefs... some of the dialogue was really crummy, too, telegraphing massively. And I really wanted Helo to be wrong; it would have been far more interesting to have him going crazy. Also, fascinating how they've decided to use the "previously on" as a section for background info they didn't include in prior eps, and how they've started lengthening the eps with these bonus scenes.

Best part? Tigh, and Zarek warning Roslin. And when that's the best this ep has going for it, it's not exactly strong.

If this show doesn't find its way out of the wilderness soon, I may stop caring.

Apparently It's been renewed for S4 with 13 episodes, so that may be a sign, they are winding down, and getting ready to finish it, since most of their established series get 20 episodes (or 22) per season.

I have not stopped watching, theoretically.

Practically, I've had the last 2 episodes on my computer since they've aired .. and have yet to feel tempted to touch them.

I think I'll force myself to finish this season, as it feels retarded to quit in the middle of the season - and will then hope for the show to be cancelled, unless it has picked up till then :p

EDIT: Just saw Sindatur's latest post. If it really seems like there'll be one more wind-down season, I might still follow that.

I'll watch at least two more, as Jane Espenson wrote the ep after next, and she's usually quite good (she wrote some of my favorite Buffy eps).

Yeah, I was thinking about that too - I've never seen anything by Jane Espenson on any show (Buffy, Firefly, Deep Space Nine) that was not satisfying.

I'm still watching and still expecting to be satisfied by it, I just haven't had the opportunity to watch the last episode yet, as Sunday 10PM is too late for me, and I didn't get home in time to watch it last night.

My main issue was the love triangle BS, and that seems to have been sidelined. There are apparently a number of Series changing developments coming over the balance of this season.

I haven't been as excited about the show lately. Of course, I'm going to keep watching and hoping that's going to change... but in all honesty, I need to see something amazing again soon.

Yea this episode was weak. It was the token "Doctor-Playing-God-But-Thinks-He-Is-Really-Doing-The-Best-Thing-For-All" episode that every other TV Show has done.

Well, even B5's gone that route a time or two.

Once, in season 1, before more important things were happening.

BSG seems to be doing what X-Files and DS9 did- build up this arc stuff with all these major developments and consequences, and then forget and bother the audience with inconsequential nonsense.

What I'm wondering about .. with the show possibly facing cancellation, with next season only being a short one .. has anything been said about the spinoff that was "promised"? Seems a bit odd to create a spinoff of a dying show .. yet, wikipedia still seems to claim that it's coming ...

Hadn't watched ds9 religiously enough to get the whole arc, but didn't once they got their finger out of there collective asses around season 3 or whatever they started the dominion and got rid of the Markuis , Bajorin and Caddasian , they got to really a arc format and started following the arc more strenuously not leaving loose threads especially during/after season 5 with the war heating up , Odo losing his ability and so on.

This episode of BSG, was Holy Plot Device Batman, writing Adama and even military doc out of character, having Hera the all important baby and even have military value treated by a civilian doctor who may not know what she is. Hera the super baby who blood cured cancer comes down with this disease? Durla a military officer sees the civilian doctor instead of the sick bay. Their ton of other things wrong with episode.

Sorrry for the double post but just had a very nasty thought, next season is only 13 episodes cause their going to find Earth <Between now and first few episodes of next season> and the show will be renamed Battlestar Galatica 2008 afterwards with a few more expensive actors replaced.

The renewal thing is good news, less episodes should mean a tighter plot arc and less padding, season 3 for me in the UK so far is certianly loosing its way.

http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/news/

We also get a straight to DVD movie, set between seasons 3 and 4, just like B5 and Stargate and everything else...

I can't see it going to a fifth season though, and hope I they have a means to wrap the lot up...

I never myself made much of a connection to Deep Space Nine .. but then, I did not follow it enough to really get dropped plot strands. I quite liked the show, but it was airing at such random times here, ever chaning, that I didn't manage to always keep up with it.

Though there is one way in which BSG does remind me of DS9: Crap relationships and marriages that make no sense. Apollo and Dee on BSG made about as much sense as Worf and Dax on DS9

Actually I think it's a min. of 13 episodes (with the possibility of more and the possibility of a made-for-television movie.) I think the creator probably pushed for less shows because he feels he can put out better quality episodes. The idea is good, but if you look at season 1, 2.0 and 2.5, you don't really see an upgrade IN quality there. There are still the nonsense/filler eps that have nothing to do with the major story arcs.

In my mind, Season 3 has not been worse, just different. You have the really solid episodes (Exodus) and then you have a bunch of filler episodes that barely have anything to do with what's really going on. Last episode was a filler ep, though not a bad one, IMHO. And perhaps there has been more filler because the writers/creators are struggling to come up with ideas that stretch things out. They have options before them that they're not seeing--things that have been glossed over.

For example, what's going on with Boomer? She thinks she's a human, learns she's a cylon, is shot, downloads into a new body, freaks out, refuses to "return to the collective," stirs up some feelings in Caprica 6, the two become "heroes" and a movement of change begins. Now, she doesn't care about her past or the people she left behind, tries to kill a baby. WTF? They completely dropped the ball on that one and could have spent an entire episode focusing on something with her. There are other things that could be fleshed out that NEED to be fleshed out, that haven't. Instead, we get 3 episodes about the whole Kara/Lee/Dee/Anders quadrangle that is more than a little silly.

But, in a way, I'm not suprised. They've glossed over quite a bit in ALL season, letting intriguing events, people and objects fall to the wayside. They just need to start picking up some of these pieces.

All of this said, we're B5 fans. We're pretty spoiled, aren't we. =)

Well, if their intention is to end with S4, then they really can't go the 13 minimum route, and add more, because you have to pace the arc to accomodate the episodes you have left. If you plan on tying it up in 13, you'll alreaduy have it mostly tied up by the time you get more eps, and those extra eps will likely be terrible. Likewise, if you count on getting more, and don't, the arc gets all screwed up.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back