• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The OC is back!

admiraldave

Regular
Yes, I admit it, I'm an OC addict, and I got my fix today. Not the strongest of episodes, it seemed to lack energy. But it was cool seeing all the characters again. Except for Mischa Barton's character, because the girl couldn't act her way out of a paper bag.

I agree. Good to see it back, but as season premieres go, it was pretty weak.

SPOILERS

I agree about Mischa Barton. Her character of Marissa really is a box of rocks. That meltdown scene was majorly cringe-worthy. I could have dealt with a long, loud verbal tirade, but that primal holler and chucking stuff in the pool made her look like a 2-year-old on crack.

I love the Seth character. Even though he's impulsive, stubborn, and self-centered, oddly enough, that's actually part of his charm. However, his problem with Ryan leaving seems *too* stubborn, *too* irrational. What does he expect Ryan to do? If Ryan is that important to him, why not run off to Chino instead of Portland; he'd still be closer to home. Last but most, regardless of what other problems are going on, how, how, how could he leave Summer? He pined over her for years, finally got her, and then he runs away. She's way too hot to run away from.

The pregnancy scenario is overdone. It was way too convenient for that situation to fall through so that Ryan would return to Newport. Granted, the "new" twist is that Theresa is still pregnant but just saying she lost the baby, but for some reason, even that doesn't feel original. The whole thing just wrapped up *too* neatly in one episode.

On the good side, things are back to normal (sort of), so maybe the show can get back on track again starting next week. Sandy still remains the coolest parent on TV. It's good to see Caleb being knocked down a peg or two. I found it amusing that Summer actually commented on Marissa being too thin, when in real life, Mischa Barton really does look too thin. Same with Luke's line about Summer having a nice rack, because in fact, he's right, really, reallly right.

Spoilers for Episode 2:
That's much better. The second episode was stronger, with humour and sense of fun that was missing in the premiere.

I like the new character Zach, although he's kinda bland, I have hopes for him. I would like to see him stick around.

DJ on the other hand, while he may have a really ripped bod, the actor is almost as terrible as Mischa. The two characters have the chemistry of a limp noodle.

Oh, and Summer is the best. Such an awesome girl. Her smackdown of Seth was well-delivered and well-deserved. I like Seth, but he's a bit of an ass to his girlfriends. No wonder they dump him. I love the interplay between Summer and Ryan, I hope they stay friends.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back