• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The movies DVD set later this year & Rangers

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=872

The DVD set with the TV movies lists Gathering, In the Beginning, Thirdspace, River of Souls, Call to Arms.

What about Legend of the Rangers? That's a B5 TV movie, if not as closely tied as the others (hell, some of the others were barely tied anyway).

I was hoping the TV movies box set would be "it". I could ditch the disc from before with Gathering/Beginning, and have everything.

Crusade is also on the books, so if Rangers isn't in here, it would be the only thing (save for the new project, whatever that is) not scheduled for release on DVD.

Or did I totally miss something (entirely possible)?

The DVD set with the TV movies lists Gathering, In the Beginning, Thirdspace, River of Souls, Call to Arms.

What about Legend of the Rangers? That's a B5 TV movie, if not as closely tied as the others (hell, some of the others were barely tied anyway).

I was hoping the TV movies box set would be "it". I could ditch the disc from before with Gathering/Beginning, and have everything.

Crusade is also on the books, so if Rangers isn't in here, it would be the only thing (save for the new project, whatever that is) not scheduled for release on DVD.

Or did I totally miss something (entirely possible)?

Remember that the 'announcement' you linked to isn't an official one; it's a repost of a JMS post and speculation, really. Until the actual announcement of when the movie DVDs will be released, we a) can't know for sure which movies will be on them or even b) whether the movies will be released first or Crusade.

Jan

If they do get released as 1 boxed movie set, double check the Gathering before getting rid of the previously released Gathering/ItB. There were two different versions of the Gathering: The Original, and the Re-edited TNT Version (Better Musical Score, Kosh greeting Sinclair with "Entilzah Valen", etc). In my opinion, the TNT Re-edit is far superior to the Original Cut. The Re-edited version is what is on the Gathering/ItB that's already been released.

Hey Joe. In November, Straczynski posted this on Usenet:

>What a weekend! Does all movies include B5LR by the way?

Not in the big set, no...that will be a separate DVD since it's really not a part of what comprised the original B5 movies.

And there hasn't been any subsequent word of which I'm aware.

Maybe they're debating how many "We live for the one we die for the one"'s to edit out and remain seamless.

And putting in some branching so people can go around the conniption-fit, waaaay over the top, minefield destroying sequence.

LoTR should be in a separate release because it is a separate pilot film.

The tv movies were pretty much done together.

The original pilot should go with the tv movies because where else can you put it and it is kind of something you just have to have to ad to B5.

lotr was done separately and it has a very different feel to it. just like crusade does. However ACTA (for those wondering). joins b5 and crusade, it is a tv movie, not a pilot and so should go with the tv movie box set.

and, the final ending note. My little 13 year old sister. Loves LoTR, but she isn't a b5 fan. So it should be in a separate release so that she can buy it hehe :cool:

The Re-edited version is what is on the Gathering/ItB that's already been released.

Yes, well, unless you live in the Netherlands, where:
A. The Re-edited version was never released (because a new subtitle track would have to be created)
and B. The Gathering & In the Beginning were sold seperatly (because the double feature deal was only part of the 'will b5 sell on DVD?' trial)

Grumble....Grumble....Grumble....Grumble....Grumble....

But hey, that was then, and this is now. Now I've discovered ordering from the Internet, speaking of which..... Play.com features a b5 tv-movies boxset due for release on 16/08/2004. However, it will only contain Third Space, Call To Arms and River Of Souls.

Another case in which region one gets the better deal???
Grumble....Grumble....Grumble....Grumble....Grumble....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back