• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The long waiting

I'm not giving up hope yet, but speaking as someone who's done massive rewrites on my own stuff, I can imagine how much shuffling JMS may need to do to get Franklin out of the story. Imagine if Franklin was on screen the most in the original script? Everything he saw has to be shown in a different way; everything he did needs to be done in a different way, while still staying true to the character who winds up doing it. The plot may well need substantial changing.

I imagine that if someone were to go to JMS and force a statement at gunpoint, all he would say is, "I'm dancing as fast as I can."

Very well said KoshFan. And I'm certain that is exactly what JMS is doing.

If you will all recall how long the initial writing took (from approximately Sept. of last year until what Jan./Feb. of this year when he said writing is complete) then you must remind yourself that if the re-writes were even the least bit extensive, then he's a busy man.

He told us about a project, as I've said a million times now, way before any other film would've been mentioned to anyone outside the biz. We were privy to inside info thanks to JMS. This long of a time period, especially when re-writes are concerned, is not unusual.

As for JMS not saying anything...I think he's just dancing as fast as he can as KoshFan said.

Would I love a word from him just to say "all is well, stop your whining"? Yes...because I'm sick to death of the folks who are negative. You seem to think these things happen at the snap of a finger. There is a lot of time involved in these very early stages of pre-production. A lot of legal junk that's very tedious (if you'll recall JMS mentioning that). This is a stage people never realize has happened since the official announcement always comes after it is done. Then filmgoers get to see what they call pre-production...where sets are built and such. But pre-production starts sometimes years before that.

Be patient...if there were bad news...JMS would have said something to us. He's never held back bad news before...but he's often held back good.

He's told us himself, that he will not announce anything again unless it's a done deal since he was burned on the whole Polaris and World on Fire thing.

Trust the Great Maker...when there's something to say...he'll say it. Remember, he's a very busy, busy man...and finally...

FAITH MANAGES . :D

CE

This post was edited to correct the mistaken usage of the name KoshN where I meant to type KoshFan. :D

I think he's just dancing as fast as he can as KoshN said.

KoshN, you and I need to start wearing nametags. We're getting people confused.

EEEEEK! :eek:

I'm sorry...I was scanning the posts quickly and wasn't watching what I was doing as closely as I like to.

My bad! I apologize to you both KoshFan and KoshN. Please, forgive. :D

I agree with KoshFan to make things clear. :p Prior post edited and corrected. :)

CE

You seem to think these things happen at the snap of a finger.
I disagree. I don't think ANYONE here assums that things happen at the snap of a finger --- especially not me. I know that these sort of projects move along at a snail's pace believe me. The point we are making is that things have gotten very very quiet. At least before JMS would post a "well its coming along" or something along those lines. Perhaps he is too busy, I can understand that, but there has been silence for a while, and that isn't always a good sign. Not always a bad one either...but certainly not a good one. A peep I think is what most people are asking for.

But I dont think anyone here thinks these things happen overnight...

About 20 days ago, when this topic started, thru this day I've changed my mind a bit.
After I read some opinions and balance it out I think the project still keeps going strong.

There's a lot of reasons for that

- JMS's posts to a moderated newsgroup is too quiet.
- The rewriting must be consuming a lot of time because of the death of R. Biggs.
- If the project was cancelled, nobody would hold JMS from coming forward and say it so to his fans.
- In one of his latest posts he ask some British fans about how far was a certain town from London and I think the pre production gonna be there and you know what? I think that's where he is on this very moment checking locations, installations, companies to work with on the movie and other stuffs. And...
- We're REALLY spoilled. But it's his fault (in a good sense, of course).

What I think is that since he started with hints here and there and after seeing all anxiety caused by the lack of any news in almost two months, would be nice if he could at least drop us a note telling all fans the everything is alright, period. We don't want any more hints. We want the Official Announcement from WB.

If this anxiety is a monster to some members of this board, it wasn't us that created this monster.

Almir

Monday June 14th

Title confirmed: JMS posted a message that finally told fans what B5:TMoS is:

"My apologies for the prolonged absence, but the loss of Richard Biggs kind of took the wind out of our sails and it's taken a while for me to feel up to saying anything about B5. This has also had the effect of slowing up anything to do with B5:TMoS (which as some of you have guessed or inferred does indeed stand for The Memory of Shadows), because in the writing we never imagined he wouldn't be here to be a part of it. More on that another time."

http://jmsnews.com/msg.aspx?id=1-17108

It's been less than 2 months, patience....

Keep :)

Out of curiosity, when did he tell fans he had big news about a new B5 project, a big one?

It's been a lot more than 2 months. It's been 3 months almost since he hinted we'd hear a major announcement about it.

I do appreciate the pinned topic. May no one mess with it until real news comes down the pipes. If it ever does happen, this is probably where I'll hear about it first. :)

Recoil and all the others,

I may remind you guys that JMS explicitly said that B5:TMoS is a project approved and updated news will be heard AFTER December/2004.

Therefore you guys are having a worthless argue. :D

Cadu
Zahadum

I may remind you guys that JMS explicitly said that B5:TMoS is a project approved and updated news will be heard AFTER December/2004.

Cadu
Zahadum

Could you suply us with a link (or a source) to this information, please?
If this is true, we really are wasting our time here...

Almir

It's been a lot more than 2 months. It's been 3 months almost since he hinted we'd hear a major announcement about it.

But only 3 months since the sudden and tragic passing of Mr. Biggs and 2 months since J.M.S. said..

"This has also had the effect of slowing up anything to do with B5:TMoS (which as some of you have guessed or inferred does indeed stand for The Memory of Shadows), because in the writing we never imagined he wouldn't be here to be a part of it. More on that another time."

So he probably takes a month off to grief as then is likely to have a massive re-write on his hands before anything, is anything.. Or not :LOL:

Who knows but not even 90 days, again, I still have patience, considering the circumstances....

Keep :)

Recoil and all the others,

Therefore you guys are having a worthless argue. :D

Cadu
Zahadum
Yep

Supply me with a link please. I don't remember reading ANYWHERE that no news would be released AFTER December 2004. I can refer to several posts saying info would be released after January...then after the "Ides of May"...but never December of this year. I think you mis-read something. But if not and it was said by JMS, then please post away so we can stop posting in this thread wasting everyone's time.

I can refer to several posts saying info would be released after January...then after the "Ides of May"...but never December of this year. I think you mis-read something. But if not and it was said by JMS, then please post away so we can stop posting in this thread wasting everyone's time.
The only thing I recall seeing about December was that the long awaited quote book But in Purple I am Stunning was supposedly coming out around that time.

Just found on the newsgroup:

Subject: Re: TO: JMS, WHEREVER YOU MAY BE....
Date: 8/3/04 9:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Message-id: <20040803163259.12089.00002857@mb-m01.aol.com>

>1. When will Season 2 of "Jeremiah" be released on DVD? We don't have
>Showtime, and we've watched Season 1 Dvds ad infinitum.

I've no idea, it's an MGM decision, and they have not consulted or informed me
concerning any of the DVDs.

>2. Does the recent death of Richard Biggs mean that the B5:MoS project
>has been cancel(l)ed or postponed?

It's resulted in a slowdown to make changes and adjust things.

>3. Will the remaining eight episodes already filmed of "Jeremiah"
>constitute Season 3 or part of Season 2?

They were filmed as season 2, how Showtime chooses to market them is their
province.

jms

(jmsatb5@aol.com)
(all message content (c) 2004 by synthetic worlds, ltd.,
permission to reprint specifically denied to SFX Magazine
and don't send me story ideas)

Latest posts

Members online

Back