• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Guessing Game

gangster

Beyond the rim
I see Kitaro Sasaki showed up on Scifi's Ranger's board yesterday and gave a "cyber-hello" to everyone. And his appearance can now add fuel to the Guessing Game as to whether Rangers will become a series or not. I, being the eternal optimist, take it as a good sign.

Now for the naysayers.......

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by gangster:
<font color=yellow>I see Kitaro Sasaki showed up on Scifi's Ranger's board yesterday and gave a "cyber-hello" to everyone. And his appearance can now add fuel to the Guessing Game as to whether Rangers will become a series or not. I, being the eternal optimist, take it as a good sign.

Now for the naysayers.......</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
I am not a naysayer, but jeez. You shouldnt take it as a sign at all. Maybe he was just dropping in to say 'HI.' Everytime one of them posts here we really dont need to read anything more into it. Just say 'Hi' back to him and leave it at that. There are no hidden meanings in the fact that they drop in once in a while. I am an optimist too, but lets not look for meaning where there is none...

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Recoil:
<font color=yellow>I am not a naysayer, but jeez. You shouldnt take it as a sign at all. Maybe he was just dropping in to say 'HI.' Everytime one of them posts here we really dont need to read anything more into it. Just say 'Hi' back to him and leave it at that. There are no hidden meanings in the fact that they drop in once in a while. I am an optimist too, but lets not look for meaning where there is none...</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

I don't, Recoil, but what the hell! Might as well stir up some comment so I'll argue that it "could be" a good sign that he is still posting. And, seriously, it could be. If he is busy with another gig, it is likely he would be promoting that project, not continuing to post to a BB for a dead series. <LOL>

I hate to be the big bad in these parts, but Warren Takeuchi is just a dude looking for a steady job. From what I've seen at IMDB, he hasn't worked since Rangers and nothing's on the horizon. If I were him I'd be showing up on fansites as well, doing everything I could do to stir up interest. Regardless, I just don't see how you can go from the fact that Warren Takeuchi posted somewhere the other day, to it "add[ing] fuel to the Guessing Game." What "guessing game" are you talking about? What fuel? Having optimisim is one thing, but this is something else. Optimism is: "I'd sure like to see a Rangers series," not "Warren Takeuchi's post on the sci-fi messageboard makes me think a series could be imminent." The weather outside my door right now has a bigger effect on Rangers becoming a series than Warren Takeuchi.

Hey PsionTen have a little courtesy. How would you like it if someone looked up your resume and started spouting about it on a message board? You have every right to post what you will, I guess, but please consider having a little more restraint in the future.

Just some advise. Its worth what you paid for it.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by westtim:
<font color=yellow>Hey PsionTen have a little courtesy. How would you like it if someone looked up your resume and started spouting about it on a message board? You have every right to post what you will, I guess, but please consider having a little more restraint in the future.

Just some advise. Its worth what you paid for it.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

I agree 100%. That was totally uncalled for, and RUDE. /ubbthreads/images/icons/mad.gif

Yep that comment by PsionTen was pretty uncalled for. PsionTen, if I were you dude, I would excercise that 'edit' feature...

<font color=yellow>Yep that was pretty uncalled for. If I were you dude, I would excercise that 'edit' feature...</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

You talking to me?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PsionTen:
<font color=yellow>I hate to be the big bad in these parts, but Warren Takeuchi is just a dude looking for a steady job. From what I've seen at IMDB, he hasn't worked since Rangers and nothing's on the horizon. If I were him I'd be showing up on fansites as well, doing everything I could do to stir up interest. Regardless, I just don't see how you can go from the fact that Warren Takeuchi posted somewhere the other day, to it "add[ing] fuel to the Guessing Game." What "guessing game" are you talking about? What fuel? Having optimisim is one thing, but this is something else. Optimism is: "I'd sure like to see a Rangers series," not "Warren Takeuchi's post on the sci-fi messageboard makes me think a series could be imminent." The weather outside my door right now has a bigger effect on Rangers becoming a series than Warren Takeuchi.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Hmmm! Methinks you misunderstood that this thread was intended to be TIC, not serious since you apparently missed my, "...in that case I'll argue...."

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by KoshN:
<font color=yellow>You talking to me?</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
No, sorry, replied to the wrong one. I fixed my comment so it is more clear now.

<font color=yellow>No, sorry, replied to the wrong one. I fixed me comment so it is more clear now.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, I read it, then saw who the "Re:" was to, and wondered. /ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif

<font color=yellow>I hate to be the big bad in these parts, but Warren Takeuchi is just a dude looking for a steady job. From what I've seen at IMDB, he hasn't worked since Rangers and nothing's on the horizon.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>IMDB is hardly an accurate way to determine a Canadian actor's recent work. It would only show up there if the role is credited, and then only if someone went through the trouble of entering it. The chance of the latter happening is significantly less for TV shows produced for Canadian television, and even then, it's rare for people to enter anything more than the major guest stars.

The only IMDB entries that tend to be complete are those for mainstream films, and highly rated/SciFi related TV series.

(IMDB also leaves out theater work, which a lot of screen actors rely on to support them between TV/film gigs.)

Whoa, PsionTen. Yeesh. I'm gonna have to agree that that was a pretty rude comment.

So what? Is this really even our business, honestly? Absolutely not. You say that Warren's just a guy looking for a steady job, but I don't see you slamming the resume of the dude who sat next to you in the coffeeshop or the diner or the Dunkin' Donuts or wherever you go last week - he's a regular guy looking for a steady job, too, and he hasn't worked since May... is that your business? I didn't think so...

People ask Warren and Myriam and Enid-Raye about Rangers news because, unlike you or me or Kribu or Antony or westtim, they were directly involved in the thing. It's logical that people would conclude that they *might* know something. Especially some of the people on the scifi board, a good number of whom have a lot less to go on than we do here at B5LR.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr> How would you like it if someone looked up your resume and started spouting about it on a message board?<hr></blockquote>

If I were an actor, I'd expect it.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Whoa, PsionTen. Yeesh. I'm gonna have to agree that that was a pretty rude comment.
<hr></blockquote>

I'm sorry that you felt that way, especially since I actually care what you think (yes, this sentence can be taken in two different ways, but it was meant as a compliment). I certainly didn't mean to insult Mr. Takeuchi. I'm still at a loss to understand what the rude part was -- especially given the fact that everything I said was 100 percent true. But given the recent news that sci-fi has released, this whole issue seems to be a moot point now.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Yep that comment by PsionTen was pretty uncalled for. PsionTen, if I were you dude, I would excercise that 'edit' feature...
<hr></blockquote>

I wasn't the one that made out Warren Takeuchi as being something that he's not. He is just a dude looking for a job -- so what, most people are.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr> I agree 100%. That was totally uncalled for, and RUDE.
<hr></blockquote>

Then it's a good thing I didn't ask for your permission before I posted.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>IMDB is hardly an accurate way to determine a Canadian actor's recent work. <hr></blockquote>

IMDB is a staple of the industry. Not only is it a good way to see what actor is going to be in what movie, but it's also an excellent source for spoiler information and breaking news in the industry.

<font color=yellow>If I were an actor, I'd expect it.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Absolutely! It comes with the job.

Psion, you keep me on my toes. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

I agree, it comes with the business of being an actor. Like being a writer, it's almost necessary to have your resume out in public for people to see.

That was not the problem - the problem was that you said something rude *about* the resume. In my own humble opinion, that sort of thing shouldn't "come with the job" just because you're a public figure.

As to whether you were insulting or not, that's not for me to say.

Anyway, I'm beating a almost-dead horse here, and I'm sure that PsionTen has a ton of things to say about people who do that, (*grins*) so I'm signing off on this subject.

-Channe, (a dude looking for a job).

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by gangster:
<font color=yellow>Absolutely! It comes with the job.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
That doesnt make commenting on it right. Sorry, but this falls under the catagory: M.Y.O.F.B.

<font color=yellow>That doesnt make commenting on it right. Sorry, but this falls under the catagory: M.Y.O.F.B.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Didn't say it did make it right, only that it is part of being in the public light. Unfortunately, there is always someone out there who will try to tear down someone else. But since they can't hit people close to them without sticking their own necks out, they hit at people who can not hit back.

Believe it or not, I'm glad that we're talking about this, because it's infinitely more important and interesting than whether Rangers becomes a series. To begin with, Mr. Takeuchi is a public figure, there's simply no getting around that. He has his own page on IMDB, he posts on different sites as a spokesperson for Rangers, he is an actor that would have a lot to gain if Rangers became a series. Those reasons alone should be enough to differentiate him from some guy that works at Dunkin Doughnuts. Be that as it may, there's nothing "rude" about saying that IMDB lists no work for him since the Rangers telemovie. It doesn't. Of course IMDB isn't the authority on all things Hollywood, but it's usually a pretty good indicator of what actor is doing what. I also don't see how it's "rude" to say that he's a guy looking for work. If you're an up and coming actor, you're constantly looking for work, it's the nature of the beast. All that aside, I apologize if I was rude. I will say one last thing, however, no one seems to get upset around here when there are actual insults thrown at some actors (as opposed to actual facts). I know that I've read innumerable negative and insulting posts about various actors that appear Star Trek, Andromeda, Smallville, Roswell ... to say the least of the writers and producers of those various shows. I myself once posted an article entitled "Julia Roberts Must Die" and no one said a word. Whether it's because Mr. Takeuchi appeared in Rangers or because he posts here from time to time, there's something of a double standard going on. No doubt I probably am the first person here to comment on an actor's resume, but it certainly wasn't done with the intent to be hurtful. In the future, I'll endeavor to be more clear.

<font color=yellow>Believe it or not, I'm glad that we're talking about this, because it's infinitely more important and interesting than whether Rangers becomes a series. To begin with, Mr. Takeuchi is a public figure, there's simply no getting around that. He has his own page on IMDB, he posts on different sites as a spokesperson for Rangers, he is an actor that would have a lot to gain if Rangers became a series. Those reasons alone should be enough to differentiate him from some guy that works at Dunkin Doughnuts. Be that as it may, there's nothing "rude" about saying that IMDB lists no work for him since the Rangers telemovie. It doesn't. Of course IMDB isn't the authority on all things Hollywood, but it's usually a pretty good indicator of what actor is doing what. I also don't see how it's "rude" to say that he's a guy looking for work. If you're an up and coming actor, you're constantly looking for work, it's the nature of the beast. All that aside, I apologize if I was rude. I will say one last thing, however, no one seems to get upset around here when there are actual insults thrown at some actors (as opposed to actual facts). I know that I've read innumerable negative and insulting posts about various actors that appear Star Trek, Andromeda, Smallville, Roswell ... to say the least of the writers and producers of those various shows. I myself once posted an article entitled "Julia Roberts Must Die" and no one said a word. Whether it's because Mr. Takeuchi appeared in Rangers or because he posts here from time to time, there's something of a double standard going on. No doubt I probably am the first person here to comment on an actor's resume, but it certainly wasn't done with the intent to be hurtful. In the future, I'll endeavor to be more clear.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
No, you probably arent the first person to comment on a actors resume. And posting an article like that about Julia Roberts isnt right either. But no harm was probably done since I doubt she read it. And here inlies the problem. You post comments which come across as very rude (you seem to be the only one saying otherwise) in a forum where the VERY ACTOR you are talking about vists and talks. These people dont have to spend time on forums with fans. Especially long after the show aired, and when things are looking grim for a series. But they still come back and are polite enough to drop us a line. So yes, saying what you said was extremely rude under those circumstances, as well as being in very poor taste. Show some respect, and if you dont happen to respect them, then at least be polite because it isnt every day or every show that actually has the cast post and talk to the fans.

At least you hid an apology somewhere in that large post of yours, so thats something.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back