• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Dead Zone

kingfish

Beyond the rim
I watched the season finale which left more questions than answers.I wonder if they are bringing it back.

It is still a bit predicible and not progressing as much as I had hoped but I agree with your comments about the finale. It did leave me interested to see where they go with the show if there is indeed another season.

I don't see why there wouldn't be another season. As far as I can tell, TDZ is doing rather well. Of course, I don't check things online as often as I probably should, so I have no idea how well it's doing these days.

And I'm quite interested in seeing how the whole "end of the world" thing will conclude. They keep throwing weird twists at us that completely changes how everything worked out in the book.

I don't know much of what the book is, but from what I've heard, there haven't been too many discontinuities, namely the end of the world thing. And I think the finale did a great job of showing what is to come without actually jumping ahead to it all of the sudden.

Leave them wanting more.

I don't find the series too predictable, but there are definitely areas for improvement. I still enjoy it a lot though, from what little I've seen of it so far. I can't exactly tell why though. It's just a likable show.

I think it'll be back for another season. I think TDZ is one of USA's higher rated shows along with Monk and Peacekeepers (which I haven't watched yet). Sure it is a little predictable at times but I think they are doing a good job of trying to avoid the entire "vision of the week" formula. The book is great as well and I can't wait to see what happens if they move past the events in the novel.

Has anyone seen the Dead Zone movie? It's an old movie.
[SPOILER]
[SPOILER]
[SPOILER]
It ended with Smith trying to asasinate the guy running for office, who would cause the apolalypse. He misses so the guy grabs a baby to use as a human shield, so John has to stop shooting. Then the guards shoot John. Meanwhile a reporter gets a picture of the guy holding the baby and he runs away with it. And John sees that that picture ruins the guy. Then John dies.

I wonder if the series will go the same way.

[Spoiler]
[Spoiler]
[Spoiler]

Yeah, that's pretty much how the book ends as well. The novel has an underlying theme of free will. With his visions, should Johnny act upon them or not? Should he change the future because of the knowledge that he has? I always felt as if Johnny was put into the coma to wait until the right time to stop this great tragedy from occurring.

Didn't they already do an episode sort of like the book ending? Granted it was sort of a vision within a vision but Johnny did go crazy and tried to kill Stillson. It seems fairly obvious that they are not going to go down that road in the series. *shrug*

Didn't they already do an episode sort of like the book ending? Granted it was sort of a vision within a vision but Johnny did go crazy and tried to kill Stillson. It seems fairly obvious that they are not going to go down that road in the series. *shrug*
Yeah, that episode basically said Bruce keeps John from going homicidal.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back