• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The date of "The Gathering"

Re: The date of \"The Gathering\"

I am not as familar with JMS' early posts as you are JoeDM but I poked around the jmsnews site just to see if I could find anything. I couldn't really find anything about the whole Laurel/Ivanova thread but that doesn't mean much. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Here is what I did find out about Laurel that I thought was interesting and didn't really know before:

Nov.11.1994
<font color="orange">Takashima would have been revealed as having been in on the Vorlon assassination attempt by season's end, and would have betrayed Garibaldi in the events in "Chrysalis," either giving him over to those involved with the coup, or pulling the trigger herself. While we would know this, our characters would not, for as much as another full season.</font color>

Nov.30.1995
<font color="orange"> The reason Laurel Takashima/Tamlyn Tomita is not currently on the show is because the actress didn't feel really comfortable in the role of a military commander, and felt she might do better in other kinds of roles, such as that which came along about the same time in a major motion picture; she is now a highly-sought-after film performer. When she opted out, I went instantly after Julie Nickson, an asian actress to play Catherine Sakai, Sinclair's love interest, a recurring role in the show.</font color>

Re: The date of \"The Gathering\"

Sorry to revive a old post, but since I'm new here, I'm only now reading some of these things.

If you go by only dialogue said on the show, "The Gathering" took place in January 2257. In "Divivded Loyalties" Garibaldi says that Lyta Alexander arrived on the station "January 3, 2257. She left about six weeks later."

Latest posts

Members online

Back