• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Crusade for Crusade...

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by GShans:
<font color=yellow>I am really serious about this, and i do intend to follow through, even if i do it on my own, unfortunately, I am a newcomer to the whole Rally thing and need as much help as possible getting this thing going, if i have enough support, then i think i can be successful, if i don't, i will fail miserably, and be laughed at for the rest of my life by you guys for trying to do something that might be considered out of my league.
Indeed, SAVE CRUSADE, at almost any cost</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>You need to learn about this little thing called strategy... Applying force where it will do the most good, while staying away from futile efforts.<font color=yellow><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>I am also looking into some of the old companies that worked on B5, if we want excaliburs and whitestars to look right, we need the people who originally made them</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>Hate to break it to you, but the people who created the Whitestars haven't been working on them since 1996, and if you want to go back to Foundation, nobody there had anything to do with the Excalibur.<font color=yellow><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Another thing, i saw a thing on b5tech.com, someone used lightwave to create a jumpgate and did practically a perfect job on all accounts,</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>I'd like to see a professional CGI artitst's opinion on that before I believe it. There's a long way between creating a model that looks nice alone, and one that looks good in a complex battle scenes.

Besides, the Rangers jumpgate looked extremly cheap compared to the rest of the CGI, leading me to belive that it was a temporary solution slapped together quickly to let them focus their resources on things that would get more screentime. Everyone were very pressed for time during the making of the movie. I'm surprised things looked as good as they did.<font color=yellow><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>I reieved this earlier today from a company i e-mailed and asked if they would be willing to work on crusade if it was ressurected:
My name is Paul (Beigle) Bryant and one of the original Emmy winners for B5. I would be amazed if you could resurrect any of the Crusade shows. We did the original FX for B5 and yes, we set the standard. Yes we would be willing to work on the show if the money was right.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>If you really want your arguments to have any weight, you need to do your homework. You could start by finding out why B5 stopped using Foundation Imaging after season 3. And why GVFX was picked for Rangers.<font color=yellow><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>regarding the b5 universe, anything is possible when there are fans like us</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>All 10 of you...

(Sorry to be this sarcastic, but unless you can gather over a hundred times the support Crusade for Crusade got when the Crusade hype was at it highest, you haven't got a snowballs chance in hell.)

Look, you dont wanna be a part of it, fine, but I don't care for all the sarcasm, and if you don't believe me about the lightwave scene i talked about, look at it, it is at here you need to be running at least mediaplayer 6.4, it's a pretty big file

<font color=yellow>I am trying very hard to find people to support this, if you dont wanna be a part of, shut up and get off this subject.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>I'm just trying to point out that what you're trying to do is stupid and futile. You seem to be doing a good enough job in ignoring my points, so I doubt it'll be necessary for me to assist you with it further.<font color=yellow><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr> i doesn't matter if they worked on Crusade or not, the basic visual effects were practically the same between s1 0f B5 and the 13th episode of Crusade.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>I don't agree. For example, Foundation did a much better job with battles. Netter Digital's battle scenes became increasingly just a large jumble of ships thrown at the screen. GVFX was a considerable improvement in that area IMO.<font color=yellow><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>We all want the same thing here, and fighting and bickering among each other is not going to help matters any.
It doesn't even seem like you want Crusade to be resurrected, you just want to come here and put down our hopes and efforts, what, do you work for TNT or something, i mean thats the only reason i can think someone here would do that,</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>You've said some ignorant things, but this one really takes the cake. I was there in the fall of 1998 when Ain't It Cool News first reported the problems with TNT. I was there in February 1999 when jms announced the SciFi Channel couldn't pick up Crusade where TNT left off. Shortly after I joined the newly created Save Crusade list, and I've been a member ever since, following it from onelist, to egroups, to it's current home on Yahoo Groups. My name is on the list of people who contributed to the June 9th <a target="_blank" href=http://www.astro.umd.edu/~fleming/CrusadeCampaign.html>Variety Ad</a>. I've defended the show a gazillion times online since I saw it.

But I'm just saying these mean nasty things because I hate it and work for TNT.

Right.<font color=yellow><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr> i have done my homework, and i do know strategy, and i am trying to set everything where i need before we start.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>Really? You seem to be doing your damndest to prove otherwise.

I never said you hated it, it just seems that you are putting down all my efforts to resurrect Crusade.
It doesn't matter how futile you think it is or how naive you think I am to think i can do it, I will try, with or without your support, i would perfer with,
where there is a will, there is a way!!!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by drakh:
<font color=yellow>I'm just trying to point out that what you're trying to do is stupid and futile.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Maybe it's futile, but what does it hurt, to try? Hmm? Would you say it's stupid if it worked?

You've gotten tired and given up, but that doesn't mean that everybody has to give up.

Even though I don't believe it will nudge Crusade one iota closer to revival, and I do believe that "hope" itself can be a cruel tease a lot of the time, I'm still going to try.

Maybe if everybody here (and all their friends) would send just one 8.5"x11" page to Bonnie Hammer, and on that page would be the following two words in letters as wide as the page:

Resurrect%20Crusade%20BW.jpg

...it would cause them to sit up and take notice.

ps. I could do the Crusade Logo in the original colors (from the back of my Crusade jacket), if anybody thinks that would have more impact, and set it off from the first word. Just an idea.... /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

I think it would be perfect, infact, that is going to be my last page of my letter, making it about 6 full pages long,

I suggest everyone do that if nothing else, in a little while i will post the Sci-Fi address to mail to to them.
Just save the picture, expand it, and print it, email it to them, not as an attached file, but right on the page

That should get their attn.

I am just waiting for GodKiller to say Go on April 1st.

<font color=yellow>

I am just waiting for GodKiller to say Go on April 1st.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

April 1st is a REALLY BAD IDEA. They'll think we're being sarcastic. We'd better stay well clear of April 1st, and have NONE of our letters dated or postmarked April 1st.

A lot of you say you are serious about this, but none of you really seem to fit my definition of SERIOUS.

If you fit my definition of "serious", you'd pick up your lives--whatever they are--and go get a job at either Warner Brothers or the SciFi Channel.

That's the only *serious* way you can have any power over this. You can send a 9 feet by 12 feet "resurrect Crusade" postcard to Bonnie Hammer and it doesn't have the true weight of a serious proposal on her desk on Warner Brothers Productions stationery signed by a Warner Brothers executive.

Every science fiction show ever produced has a group of fans sending them letters asking them to resurrect show X, not cancel show Y, put show C in a better timeslot.

People who are serious about making things happen don't just write letters. They work from the inside.

If i could i would, but i can't, so i do this, its all i can do, and if everyone who reads this, and does this little action, then something may indeed happen,
remember everyone April 2nd.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by KoshN:
<font color=yellow>Maybe it's futile, but what does it hurt, to try? Hmm? Would you say it's stupid if it worked?</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>To be honest, if Crusade were to come back, I'm certain it would be caused by other factors, and happen whether or not you guys send any letters.<font color=yellow><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>You've gotten tired and given up, but that doesn't mean that everybody has to give up.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>Who says I've given up?

One thing I've learned the hard way from personal experience is that sometimes things suck... hard... and there's not one damn thing you can do about it. You can either accept that, and wait for a real opertunity for change, or waste all your energy chasing even the slightest litte hope, so that you're all out of steam should that opertunity come.

I'll write something longer when I have the time, just had to get this off my chest.

I tried to make piece, seems you didn't want it, this is getting really pathetic, I am just going to let KoshN handle this one

Well, I, for one, agree with a lot of what Drakh is saying.

Really, I think you should be sending letters of support for Rangers. It's in everyone's best interests that it gets a series. Think about this: if Rangers falls through, what are the chances that Sci-Fi will make an effort to revive Crusade?

That's my opinion, anyway..

SavantB5 said:
People who are serious about making things happen don't just write letters. They work from the inside

Rarely are sweeping generalizations true and the above statement is no exception. Consumers are part of what drives the media industry. In great enough number we on the outside certainly affect that on the inside. Witness the existence of Rangers in the first place. A combination of good B5 ratings and a healthy letter writing campaign convinced SFC that B5 was a product they should look into extending. Hell one may reasonably say that letters to affiliates allowed season 4 of B5 to take place. And of course there is Star Trek.

I'm sure a number of factors weigh in on programming decisions. Saving Crusade, B5 etc.. does not require you to
go into media. Anyway I think most people on this board would be overqualified.

Thank you for all of us here on this page

except Drakh, he may know his facts, but if he were to get into the interior, he would probably get tv shut down permanently /ubbthreads/images/icons/mad.gif

And as for Dulann, what if LR fell through?, crusade has had so many bad things happen to it, if we put our faith in LR and it fell through, it would totally crush what little ability we have now
We cannot afford to wait and trust, besides, we should finish what we start, and crusade was started long before B5LR was

I somehow understand Drakh. Obviously he has spent some time on such matters, and come to recognize moments which provide better opportunity for coordinated effort to succeed. And moments which provide less opportunity, but opportunity nevertheless.

I see no contradiction between the two. A matter of taste, I would say. While pointing out the advantages and disadvantages of each approach, one should remember that some effort is better than nothing. But while keeping that in mind, one should also remember that "Rangers" is a recent production and "Crusade" an older one. One which has suffered due to its interruption.

Hence I personally believe that currently, "Rangers" deserves more attention and effort than "Crusade". If given the right conditions, "Rangers" can tell the story of "Crusade" or hand over a story ready for a new series, when it ends. But every reminder about "Crusade" is most commendable too.

Drakh has spent some time with these matters, and you have spent more, and i respect your thoughts on the matter, but crusade is older, and should be finished up before anything else new is made, give everyone more time to better the storyline and sfx of LR, then, after Crusade is finished, start LR right after, The minimum i want is to have season 1 of Crusade finished, the least, is that so much to ask for, once that is done, if jms feels it better to conntinue with LR, then so be it.

Crusade must be saved, before it is forgotten by everyone except us, while we still have a chance, no matter how small, because, if we wait, our small chance will close and Crusade will be dead forever

Both luckily and unfortunately... I have no way of knowing what JMS personally plans. But the choice of time for "Rangers" does suggest something. As it happens a few years before "Crusade" started, one *could* speculate that he might have considered merging the storylines when "Rangers" would reach the time of "Crusade".

It could be other way too. But with TV companies, there tends to be one problem. It can be difficult to get one company to pick up a series which another dropped and abandoned. They *might* consider it bad reputation, and rather tell the same story under a different name.

When people find out how many fans of the series there are, and how many people want it back, all they have to say is; by popular demand, and critics and newspeople will applaud them, especially once the people find out how much profit Sci-Fi will make off of this, and it is gauranteed to have huge profits.

On the 29th, i will be posting the snail mail and e-mail addresses to write to, all that is needed is one to two pages of saying you want Crusade back, and why, give good incentives why they should bring it back, and include as a third page the Resurrect crusade picture shown above.

save it, open it in paint, strech and skew it until it is exactly 8.0/8.5 in. wide by around 11 in. long (593 pixels wide by 821 pixels long) for those of you who cant open it in paint, it is b/c you saved it as a jpg, you should save it AS a bitmap(bmp) file

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SavantB5:
<font color=yellow>A lot of you say you are serious about this, but none of you really seem to fit my definition of SERIOUS.

If you fit my definition of "serious", you'd pick up your lives--whatever they are--and go get a job at either Warner Brothers or the SciFi Channel.

That's the only *serious* way you can have any power over this. You can send a 9 feet by 12 feet "resurrect Crusade" postcard to Bonnie Hammer and it doesn't have the true weight of a serious proposal on her desk on Warner Brothers Productions stationery signed by a Warner Brothers executive.
</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

The idea is that one page with just two words on it, may make a bit more impact that a 10 or 12 point, six page long letter with very fat paragraphs.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SavantB5:
<font color=yellow>Every science fiction show ever produced has a group of fans sending them letters asking them to resurrect show X, not cancel show Y, put show C in a better timeslot.

People who are serious about making things happen don't just write letters. They work from the inside. </font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

That may be true, but not everybody is willing or able to potentially wreck their lives to support a show. To ask that, as I believe you are, is ridiculous.

It is far more likely that a LOT OF PEOPLE may invest one piece of paper, one envelope and a stamp to sent Sci-Fi a VERY CLEAR, CONCISE message.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back