• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Chronicles of Narnia DVD

Actually, I found the last book of the series - The Final Battle - to be the most sexist of the lot. Though not the only thing that bugged me about that book, it did bug me :D .. especially the attitudes towards Susan in that book really gave me the impression that Lewis just couldn't handle women. Which, I found out with peaking at his biography, he really couldn't. I'm wasn't really surprised.

In the case of Susan in The Last Battle, I think it's more Lewis's dislike of teenaged women, and stuck-up people in general. You'll notice that Polly, Lucy, and Jill all have important roles in the book, especially Jill -- who's shown to have considerable intelligence, bravery, and initiative throughout.

But it's true. The man wasn't great at writing women, not only because of the times but because he knew very few of them. He was married only very late in life, I believe.

A lot of people wonder why science fiction fans tend to be men. KoshFan, you hit a key point right there.

A lot of sci-fi authors can't write female characters very well.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back