• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Babylon Project RPG....

Derian

Beyond the rim
Does anyone else have it? I have the EarthForce sourcebook, but that's it. I had a hard enough time finding it, since it's now out of print, but I managed to locate a game store in Indiana that had a couple copies left collecting dust in the stockroom.

The sourcebook is quite nice, all full-color. The game itself is well done, I think, and I pretty well like the mechanics.

I'm really having a hard time developing a story to toss the characters into right now, though. I always have this problem when I try to GM an RPG. It's frustrating. I love to role-play and have been told I'm very good at it, but when it comes to running a campaign, I get all mixed up.

I'd love to find some sort of Crusade expansion (either official, or a really good home-brewed one) so I could better create stories in that timeline.

If anyone has copies of any of the other books that they don't want anymore and are interested in selling (or just a list of the other ones available), please let me know. I'm always looking.

Anyone have any good campaigns published out there on the net?

------------------
"Expect me, when you see me."

Hi Derian
smile.gif

Yes I have a copy of both the original roleplaying game and the source book. I have looked on the net for some modules and have found one or two that you can download in PDF format, will check the address I got them from and let you know where they can be found.

On the subject of actually playing the game, me and a few friends have been threatening to do so for a little while, when we do I will let you know how it went.

------------------
"Be seeing you" - Alfred Bester

Derian, if you go to Amazon.co.uk you will see that they have a few copies of "Babylon project" RPG, just check the shipping charge before you buy. I have checked the American arm of Amazon and they seem to be sold out
frown.gif
. If I see it anywhere else I will post on the board.

------------------
"Be seeing you" - Alfred Bester

I have been playing a B5 rpg for a few months now, but have decided not to use the B5 RPG rules, because I was not too crazy about them.
We use Spacemaster rules instead. I do use the B5 RPG books as sourcematerial.
The campaign I am running is set during the Dilgar Wars and I have made extensive use of the B5Wars miniature game sourcebooks for that. They really provide a lot of good background material.

------------------

I have the game and the sourcebook and the screen. I have played it and really enjoyed it, since the character creation system was so good. I GMd, and one player played a human merchant who trained mostly with the Centauri. One played a Centauri ambassador. One played a Human Commander, and I played a Human captain. ( I had planned to kill my character, putting a PC in charge, after they got the hang of the game.) It is a great RPG.

------------------

Yeah, though I have mixed feelings about it.

The background info is great, but I really didn't like the mechanics. I was thinking of trying to adapt Alternity to fit B5, but that game was discontinued...

Maybe I'll try d20 rules.

------------------
"We are all Kosh."

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back