• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The anti-Clark

channe

Regular
Did anyone catch Bruce Boxleitner's performance in The Outer Limits tonight? This actually has to do with B5 a bit, and this is an an Outer Limits spoiler about the nature of Boxleitner's role:

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>I loved it! What a great episode! And for those of us who watched Boxleitner as Sheridan, that really messed with our brains. Here he was, being as charismatic a guy as he was while doing B5, saying some great things about the future... all the while he was going to become a second Clark.

The writing was great. There was some great foreshadowing with his line "the ordinary citizen doesn't need to worry about privacy," and definitely some great stuff as the time-traveler was trying to convince him of the "sacrifice" that needed to happen...

I just wonder if the Outer Limits people may have considered this an inside joke - to put the guy who played anti-Clark character into a Clark character.

Interesting that they're both politicians. Anyway, I'm going away now - bye!</font></td></tr></table>

------------------
Channe, the next JMS, who lives for the One and dies for the chocolate cheesecake
--
OnlineDude: I suppose now would not be the time to bring up the old one about the starlet who was so new to Hollywood she slept with the writer...
JMS: But that was only because she heard that in Hollywood, *everyone* screws the writer.

As usual with the Outer Limits, I saw the ending coming a mile away.

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>
Since it relies on the "twist" ending, we knew she wasn't telling the truth.

So...

There were only two other options:

Option A. He was, in fact, a great President but she was sent by his competitor to bump him off.

Option B. He was Psycho-Prez and she was sent to bump him off to make things right.

Either way, is bad for Zathras... er... Bruce.

I sat and weighed the options for about 5 minutes until that little flash of megalomania, where he said "I COULD BE A GREAT PRESDENT!"

I told the wife. Yep. He's a nut. Option B.
</font></td></tr></table>

------------------
"When something we value is destroyed, we rebuild it. If it's destroyed again we rebuild it again. And again, and again, and again. Until it stays. "
~Jeffrey Sinclair

I saw that episode earlier this year during the summer.
smile.gif

------------------
No one here is exactly what he appears.
G'Kar - Andreas Katsulas

Nothing's the same anymore.
Commander Sinclair - Michael O'Hare

Babylon 5

I enjoyed it, but the ending made me feel a little cheated.

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>The time traveller was being dishonest to the Senator and to the audience. I kinda felt the same way when the Vorlons went nuts in Season 4.

I mean, if someone from the future tells you you're integral to the survival of civilization, you gotta go on faith that they know what they're talking about. Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure taught me that, if nothing else.
laugh.gif

Seriously though, she was the one being dishonest and manipulative. I was left not at all sure of her agenda. </font></td></tr></table>

Nice to see BB, though. He did a great job.

------------------
"We are (not) all Kosh."

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> I didn't see it, but I thought I'd respond in spoilerspace anyway, since everyone else is doing it. </font></td></tr></table>

laugh.gif

------------------
-Londo's Hair
"Vir, intelligence has nothing to do with politics!"

You'll get another chance to see Boxleitner in TRON on ENCORE on november 1st.

------------------
-----Khurzhor-----

"Farewell friend. I was a thousand times as evil as thou."
-Stormbringer

ARRRGH!
mad.gif

Encore... not... available...

I always liked TRON. It has spiffy (if somewhat dated) effects, it's a B5 "pre-reunion" (David Warner, Peter Jurasik, and of course, Bruce), and a great electronic soundtrack by Wendy Carlos.

------------------
"We are (not) all Kosh."

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back