• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The advantage of no more B5

Sorry...I am in complete agreement with JDM here. I have one name for ya! Kier Dullea. Look at him in 2010...they made him look 25 years younger.

Make-up and hair can do wonders these days. Lest we all forget, Hollywood and its native industry is one of illusion.

Non of the B5 cast look too old to play their characters in anytime if you ask me. Hell, ItB and ACtA were shot only a year apart and look at the difference in BB's looks.

As for the OC of ST, they were and still are the best, and I always believed them in every performance. Their ages (as was pointed out previously) were used as a part of the storyline. But does anyone really believe that older people can't do action or that older people don't still perform feats of daring do?

Please, there are career military folks who are BB's and MF's ages who are still tough types that none of us would probably want to go up against.

God, we are such and age-prejudiced society...it's insulting. And I'm only a year younger than CC...so, what? Claudia and I both already have one foot in the grave?

CE

Look at him in 2010...they made him look 25 years younger.

That movie is blasphemous.

Non of the B5 cast look too old to play their characters in anytime if you ask me. Hell, ItB and ACtA were shot only a year apart and look at the difference in BB's looks.

If they shot the movie now, yes. As time goes by, and as opportunities to do the film keep getting lost, this will become less and less possible.

God, we are such and age-prejudiced society...it's insulting. And I'm only a year younger than CC...so, what? Claudia and I both already have one foot in the grave?

:rolleyes: Yes, it's ageist to say the older people look older than younger people.

Yeah, pretty much.

Man Mira looks great for someone who's 55 hopefully I will look that good when I am her age.

I saw her at a couple of cons, & I was amazed at how young she looked. Hard to believe she is 55.

Tammy

I'm a couple of years older than Claudia. I hate ageism in the entertainment industry. When I was younger & in that desired 18-34 group, I really didn't care how old actors were. I liked them because of their acting ability. I wish the entertainment industry would give people more credit. They don't always want to watch people their own age.

Tammy

I wish the entertainment industry would give people more credit. They don't always want to watch people their own age.

Yeah, I totally know what you mean. For instance, I'm 40 but I pretty much only want to see girls 18-24.

I am evil, so I hope everyone who can't see the sexiness of older people simply can't have sex when they are older.

Simple, basic revenge.

:cool:

I am evil, so I hope everyone who can't see the sexiness of older people simply can't have sex when they are older.

Simple, basic revenge.

You go Hyp! :D

And GKE, while your opinion of 2010 is your own, my point as to Kier's appearance still remains.

This cast is not that old. Ageism is ridiculous.

CE

Simple, basic revenge.

Are we talking about young adults (say, in their 20's)? Or 15 year olds? There is soooooo much that most kids in their mid-teens don't see or understand that it seems just a tad vindictive to single out that one in particular. :devil:

Besides, to those kids, people in their 40's generally just look like their parents ...... and mixing sex and their parents in their heads just kinda creeps them out. Like I said there is a lot that most 15 year olds don't really understand.

I would appreciate a cesation to the implied insults I'm getting (ie, ageism), at least without addressing my speculation that a B5 movie would take place a couple of years after Objects at Rest and how that relates to the real age of the actors.

If a film is made about Dr Martin Luther King, Jr, I would want it played by a black man. Go ahead and call me racist and sexist.

I don't get why so many fans of 2001 hate 2010.

2001: A Space Odyssey is the greatest, most inspiring piece of cinematic speculative fiction every created. It's embodiment of the human spirit for exploration, our place in the universe, the stunning awe of that which is greater than us, the patient cool visual presentation of scientific fact and fiction in a reverant fashion are unique and special.

2010 is a hokey Cold War moraliy play.

2010 is a hokey Cold War moraliy play.

But my point about the film is valid. Again, look to BB in ItB and then only a year later in ACtA where he appears to have suddenly, in one year, aged about 20 years.

It's called make-up...and my point is that even if we have to wait another 5 years or so, it won't matter, the actors will work out and wear make-up to make themselves appear whatever age they need to appear.

I don't doubt it for one moment that they won't be convincing and wonderful. Your concerns are not necessary.

If they wait another ten to twenty years, then they will be.

CE

There is a game in which people say silly things that sound sensible during a meeting in the hope that the boss will parrot it a few minutes later. (Dilbert showed this with adding rechargeable batteries to a toy that does not use batteries.) Over a longer time scale the same thing is now probably now going on within Warner Brothers.

When a new CEO or Head of production is appointed he will want to leave his mark by getting his own movies made. TMoS has been examined by every department in Warner Brothers from the Marketing Department to the Casting Department via the Accounts Department. It does not matter where the new boss comes from the SF blockbuster that some first time amateurs could not get the finance for will be remembered.

Simple, basic revenge.

Are we talking about young adults (say, in their 20's)? Or 15 year olds? There is soooooo much that most kids in their mid-teens don't see or understand that it seems just a tad vindictive to single out that one in particular. :devil:

Besides, to those kids, people in their 40's generally just look like their parents ...... and mixing sex and their parents in their heads just kinda creeps them out. Like I said there is a lot that most 15 year olds don't really understand.

Don't worry PillowRock, luckily I was able to neutralize hypatia's spell.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back