• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

telemovie ratings - the real story behind the figures?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
BTW, has everyone written their letters? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I assume that by everyone, you mean the Americans?
wink.gif

Since something tells me that neither SciFi or the sponsors would care too much about the opinion of people who can't watch their channel (in other words, haven't/aren't supposed to have seen the movie in any case) and can't buy their products.

If I'm wrong, I'll get down to writing the letters right away.
laugh.gif

------------------
"There are things out there beyond imagination, and I have a rather healthy imagination." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com | Kribu.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>...something tells me that neither SciFi or the sponsors would care too much about the opinion of people who can't watch their channel...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sadly, you're right, as I just noted myself in another thread.

So in this case by "everyone" I did mean "everyone who can write a letter that will make a difference", in short, Americans.
smile.gif
It was a stylistic choice, like substituting "their" for "his or her" Stopping in mid-phrase to add the fine print ("Void where prohibited by law. Campaign only open to television viewers within the United States. Side effects may include drowsiness, flu-like symptoms and dry mouth") would have been too clumsy.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

Thanks, Joe.

Yes, I just noticed you'd posted the answer to what I wanted to know in that other thread, while I was busy asking the question.

And I gathered you meant the Americans, but since nearly 50% of the people here are not Americans, I just figured I'd try and make this issue as clear as possible.
smile.gif

It is infuriating, though, that there's nothing we others can do to help at this stage.
frown.gif

------------------
"There are things out there beyond imagination, and I have a rather healthy imagination." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com | Kribu.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
By the way, if you assume a 3.4 rating for the West Coast your formula "proves" that nobody watched the East Coast feed at all. The East Coast rating would have to be zero for the national average to come out right.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is an even worse one. You can get a negative number of Boston viewers. Suggesting that they banned it.
tongue.gif

A full formula would require knowing the population of the USA's main cities.

------------------
Andrew Swallow

I wonder if anyone from Scif ever comes here and reads posts. If they do, maybe our posting about Rangers would help.

------------------
Dulann: You don't solve your problems by hitting them.
David Martel: Yeah, well, it made me feel better.

Back