• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Techno-Mage Book #3 out Nov 27th!

Lyta

I just got an email from Jeanne Cavelos which included a press release as well. Just wanted to remind folks to go buy the book when it comes out.
smile.gif

You can read the press release (DOC file) which I have posted to my web site. Just beware that there are some (minor) SPOILERS in the press release. You can also visit my site for more information (click the link under my avatar).

------------------
Monica Hübinette | Seattle, WA
Words are magical. Intellectual banquets. Orgies of ideas. --Anaïs Nin

I've been waiting for it impatiently, so I'll be at Barnes & Noble on the 27th for sure.
smile.gif

------------------
"What do you want you moon-faced assassin of joy?" - Ambassador Londo Mollari, Born to the Purple

Yup, the first two were really good, can't wait for the third one.

re
Halldor

------------------
Gideon: I thought you said you don't hold a grudge?
Galen: I don't, I have no surviving enemies, at all.

I'll be going to Coles right after I've finished my classes. It's a Tuesday so I'll be out by 1:30 pm.
smile.gif

------------------
No one here is exactly what he appears.
G'Kar - Andreas Katsulas

Nothing's the same anymore.
Commander Sinclair - Michael O'Hare

Babylon 5

Go the technomage's this is going to be one great book.

I just hope I can get it on the 27th I remember when the last book came out a week later down here in Australia...I couldn't help myself and was reading all the spoilers lol

Spoilers are too hard to resist.

I have ordered this book from 3 different source's hoping one will arrive early
smile.gif

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

Nov 27... ok, with a bit of luck, I should have the whole Technomage trilogy from Amazon by around Dec 14 then.
smile.gif

I didn't want to order the first two books until the 3rd one's out. Now, I can't wait to finally get & read them.
smile.gif

------------------
"Narns, Humans, Centauri... we all do what we do for the same reason: because it seems like a good idea at the time." - G'Kar, Mind War
Kribu's Lounge

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Deviot:
I have ordered this book from 3 different source's hoping one will arrive early
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that is what I call dedication! I am sure Jeanne will be pleased.
smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kribu:
I didn't want to order the first two books until the 3rd one's out. Now, I can't wait to finally get & read them. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is amazing that you could wait this long! I tried to do that (bought the first two books and had them sitting around for a while) but eventually it got too much for me. I kept hearing all these great things (and the spoilers were hard to avoid) so I broke down and read them right after each other. Now I have been in agony waiting for the third book so, I admire your willpower for holding out until all three were available.
smile.gif

------------------
Monica Hübinette | Seattle, WA | Send a Warm Fuzzy!
They knocked down two tall towers. Graft now their echo onto your spine. Become girders and glass, stone and steel, so that when the world sees you, it sees them. And stand tall. Stand tall. --JMS (Amazing Spider-Man #36)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lyta:
I admire your willpower for holding out until all three were available.
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

More of a matter of economics... with the postage costing more than the book, it made more sense to buy several books at once instead of one at the time.

Doesn't mean that I haven't felt frustration at all the waiting!
laugh.gif

------------------
"Narns, Humans, Centauri... we all do what we do for the same reason: because it seems like a good idea at the time." - G'Kar, Mind War
Kribu's Lounge

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kribu:
More of a matter of economics... with the postage costing more than the book, it made more sense to buy several books at once instead of one at the time.

Doesn't mean that I haven't felt frustration at all the waiting!
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought it was more that you just couldn't stand the wait between books.
laugh.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KoshN:
I thought it was more that you just couldn't stand the wait between books.
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, yes. That too.
laugh.gif

------------------
Kribu's Lounge

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hypatia:
I pre-ordered mine through amazon.com The funny thing is: I am just finishing the telepath trilogy. I have not even started the technomage trilogy yet! Guess I'll have to read fast!
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How about the Centauri Prime trilogy? Read that yet? I read Psi Corps, Centauri Prime, and then Technomage 1 & 2, and each successive book went by faster.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

Heh, I was just coming on to ask ifanyone knew the exact date, as i knew it was sometime this month, and everytime we have a delivery from the US at work (I work in a bookstore) I've been hopping up and down with excitement.

Should be able to last til the 27th!!

------------------
Life's a song you don't get to rehearse
And every single verse
Can make it that much worse.
So give me something to sing about...

I pre-ordered mine through amazon.com The funny thing is: I am just finishing the telepath trilogy. I have not even started the technomage trilogy yet! Guess I'll have to read fast!
laugh.gif

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

"I think I speak for Mr. Bloom and myself when I say: you are the only director in the World who can do justice to 'Springtime For Hitler' " - Zero Mostel, The Producers

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hypatia:
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think I read both techno-mage books over the course of a weekend. None of the other books (besides "To Dream..." perhaps) captured my attention so strongly before.

I was a little unsure when I first saw how thick these books were (they are about 100 pages longer than any other trilogy) because I thought it would take me longer to get through them. How wrong I was!

If you have not read the Centauri trilogy, I would skip it and go straight for the techno-mage one! I am not saying that the Centauri books were bad by any means ... just not the meaty kind of story that Cavelos delivers.
wink.gif

------------------
They knocked down two tall towers. Graft now their echo onto your spine. Become girders and glass, stone and steel, so that when the world sees you, it sees them. And stand tall. Stand tall. --JMS (Amazing Spider-Man #36)

Hey, I absolutely loved the Centauri Trilogy!
smile.gif

I've been a little wary of the Technomage books just for the reason that the technomages themselves never captured my attention quite the same way as, for example, the main characters in the Centauri books.

I have a feeling though that this might change.
wink.gif

------------------
Kribu's Lounge

Hey, I absolutely loved the Centauri Trilogy!
smile.gif

I've been a little wary of the Technomage books just for the reason that the technomages themselves never captured my attention quite the same way as, for example, the main characters in the Centauri books.

I have a feeling though that this might change.
wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh, I loved the Centauri trilogy too before the techno-mage one came along! I love Peter David and Londo, G'Kar and Vir but I felt that Peter's trilogy was more of a gap filler and often repeatitive. Plus, that Durla character got really old after a while. Still, it did fill in a lot of details and wove things together nicely.
smile.gif

I thought the techno-mages were interesting (especially after Galen was introduced) but I was also a little put off by Galen's attitude at times as well. It wasn't until I started hearing people talk about the trilogy and learning more about the author when my interest really piqued. It wasn't until after I read them that I realized there was a -really- interesting story and not just some background fluff about the mages. I guess it also helps that I love math and science (my two favorite subjects in school) which were featured fairly predominately in the mage trilogy.

My only beef about the mage books (that I can think of at 4 in the morning) is her use of the "mind's eye" terminology. I just wish she could have come up with a more "mage-like" term for it.
wink.gif

Anyway, if anyone wants to read my reviews of her first two books (and the first Centauri book), feel free to read them on my B5 web site.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KoshN:
How about the Centauri Prime trilogy? Read that yet? I read Psi Corps, Centauri Prime, and then Technomage 1 & 2, and each successive book went by faster.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope. I am moving on to the telepath trilogy next just because I know everyone will be talking about the new book. I'll save the Centauri trilogy for later.

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

"I think I speak for Mr. Bloom and myself when I say: you are the only director in the World who can do justice to 'Springtime For Hitler' " - Zero Mostel, The Producers

Nope. I am moving on to the telepath trilogy next just because I know everyone will be talking about the new book. I'll save the Centauri trilogy for later.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, that actually can work since the Centauri Prime Trilogy takes place after Technomage Books 1 & 2.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

Three as well. The entire mage trilogy is supposed to be during the run of B5.

------------------
"I used to be known as Eric, the waiter with hands for hands." The waiter with stubs for hands in The Kids in the Hall

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back