• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Still waiting

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by hypatia:
<font color=yellow>Some posts in this thread seem to indicate that people think the Rangers series is either a 'go' or a 'no go' at this point.

I thought we heard news that it will be May before we are likely to hear anything. I have no idea when Sci-Fi is likely to decide on it's next season, but I do remember reading something about "May". I think we just have a long wait before it is even decided, let alone announced (or leaked).</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

At this point all everyone (unless there is someone on this list who is on the inside and in "the know" and if there are such, they aren't talking) is guessing. Some are reasoned guesses, others are emotional guesses.

One interesting item I'm using as an indicator is I can't find anywhere that any B5 Rangers main cast member has taken on a new, long term commitment for another gig. Anyone seen where any have?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by GaribaldisHair:
<font color=yellow>No way ... Bring on the dancing horses

/ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

In that case, why not bring the series in on the backs of dancing horses? <LOL>

Well, I hope the suits at Scifi make a decision and make it soon. Waiting like this really sucks. /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by channe:
<font color=yellow>The actors were not optioned for a series. The only place a series exists right now is in our heads. Sadly...

And remember, if there *is* a go-ahead on Rangers, the studio might request changes be made due to feedback and audience reaction. JMS might make changes himself. "Midnight on the Firing Line" was a much different B5 than "The Gathering," if you'll recall.
</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Even then weird things can happen. One of the characters that was due back was Pat Tallman as Lyta . Pat dropped out on moral grounds.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by gangster:
<font color=yellow> One interesting item I'm using as an indicator is I can't find anywhere that any B5 Rangers main cast member has taken on a new, long term commitment for another gig. Anyone seen where any have?</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

It's not exactly easy. An actor can pound the pavement and do audition after audition before the one comes along they get hired for.

It's been pilot-casting season for the major networks over the last few months. For all we know, Dylan Neal and some of the other actors have been doing a lot of interviews for roles.

Unless they come in here and says, "No, I'm not auditioning anywhere because I was told by my agent to wait for B5LR", you don't know what they are up to.

Then, even if you happen to land a pilot, it's not an automatic that the series is a "go" or that you will make the series. Some actors are replaced between pilot and series.

May is when the big networks make their series commitments. As I've said elsewhere, the cable networks also scatter their programming announcements over April and May and SciFi usually does theirs in early May. We'll have to see if they follow that pattern.

The big network Fall season announcements in mid-May kick off the upfront advertising buying season. Thus, even SciFi would want to publicize any new series coming along by then. They even have advertised new series in the past that haven't been fully committed to.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SavantB5:
<font color=yellow>It's not exactly easy. An actor can pound the pavement and do audition after audition before the one comes along they get hired for.

It's been pilot-casting season for the major networks over the last few months. For all we know, Dylan Neal and some of the other actors have been doing a lot of interviews for roles.

Unless they come in here and says, "No, I'm not auditioning anywhere because I was told by my agent to wait for B5LR", you don't know what they are up to.

Then, even if you happen to land a pilot, it's not an automatic that the series is a "go" or that you will make the series. Some actors are replaced between pilot and series.
</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

All valid points but there is a flip side: It is also possible Dylan Neal and the others have been told there will be a series and they are in. I'm not saying this has happened, only there other possibilities.

Another "flip side" is agents like to make sure the clients stay in the public light so if any of the main cast had been signed for new gig on a different program/movie/whatever, it is likely the word would have been leaked. So far, I haven't seen or heard anything along these lines. Thus, this is an interesting indicator, but only one of a number of indicators, that a B5 Rangers series is still under active consideration.

And this goes along with the thrust of my original post, which was basically, "nobody on the outside really knows so everything is a guess at this point in time."

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SavantB5:
<font color=yellow>It's not exactly easy. An actor can pound the pavement and do audition after audition before the one comes along they get hired for.

Unless they come in here and says, "No, I'm not auditioning anywhere because I was told by my agent to wait for B5LR", you don't know what they are up to.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

This is not the point. All my post indicated was that if Rangers was a no go then the actors would know of it by now. This is different from if it is a go. I seriously doubt that the actors have heard that Rangers is a go at this point in the game. And even if they did they would NOT come here and announce it. However if Rangers is dead (and I think they would be informed of its demise, see above post) then no harm discussing why it is dead , the details of its death and whether they felt is should have lived etc..

Curious about why none of the cast has responded to this thread?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by westtim:
<font color=yellow>This is not the point. All my post indicated was that if Rangers was a no go then the actors would know of it by now. This is different from if it is a go. I seriously doubt that the actors have heard that Rangers is a go at this point in the game. And even if they did they would NOT come here and announce it. However if Rangers is dead (and I think they would be informed of its demise, see above post) then no harm discussing why it is dead , the details of its death and whether they felt is should have lived etc..

Curious about why none of the cast has responded to this thread?</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
Perhaps they are busy with other projects.

In any event, I am not really sure getting into this type of debate is going to help things any. I am of the mindset now where I will just wait patiently for some type of news in May. Going back and forth on this subject here is almost pointless. Its apparent that everyone either believes there will or wont be a series by now, and that at this time you arent going to change someone's opinion on that. Time to kick back, and hope for the best.

There's no way to tell if the actors are hired on a Rangers series or if they're not right now, so I honestly don't see the efficacy of us sitting here discussing their careers. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

As for the reasons they aren't responding to this thread:
1. They're busy.
2. They're working.
3. They know that if they say anything, everyone on the board will deconstruct their entire sentence to find a so-called "hidden meaning."

Come on, you all know it's true. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

<font color=yellow>There's no way to tell if the actors are hired on a Rangers series or if they're not right now, so I honestly don't see the efficacy of us sitting here discussing their careers. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

1. They're busy.
2. They're working.
3. They know that if they say anything, everyone on the board will deconstruct their entire sentence to find a so-called "hidden meaning."

Come on, you all know it's true. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Sure we know its true but it's part of the fun deconstructing for "hidden meaning."

Possibility #1:

Assuming JMS would have posted a negative responce on the newsgroup by now:

Sci-Fi will not announce "B5:Rangers" untill early May.

JMS/Actors cannot announce "B5:Rangers" untill Sci-Fi makes their official announcement.

That could explain why we have not recieved any confirmation yet, about either outcome.

Possibility #2:

Sci-Fi may have already told WB "NO", and JMS/WB are shopping it to other networks (not realistic, who'd want it?), then JMS would not post the bad news to the newsgroup, as he hasn't given up yet.

Possibility #3:

JMS already knows "B5:Rangers" is dead, and is trying to come up with as easy a way as possible to break it to the fans. When (if?) he comes up with one, he'll post.

Just some of my own uneducated guesses.

<font color=yellow>The actors were not optioned for a series. The only place a series exists right now is in our heads. Sadly...

Hold your large equines. I am. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

*raises glass to Rangers*</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Frau Blücher! /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

<font color=yellow>There's no way to tell if the actors are hired on a Rangers series or if they're not right now, so I honestly don't see the efficacy of us sitting here discussing their careers. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

1. They're busy.
2. They're working.

Come on, you all know it's true. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

4. It is hard to type when you have your fingures crossed.
5. Saying the show has been approved before the official announcement is a sacking offence.

1. They're busy.
2. They're working.

It's sooooo ironic you posted that yesterday channe. Today someone started a thread 'Guessing Game' wondering if Kitaro stopping by to say 'Hi' possibly meant more than that. Sometimes you are so accurate it is creepy. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Hi /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

I've been reading all your posts and I just want to thank all of you who are staying optimistic. It has been a very long and at times difficult road for all of us.

Why are we not answering your posts? Great question. I can't speak for everyone but bottom line...I don't have a thing to tell you. /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

I know it's sad but we're in the dark about what's transpiring same as all of you. They have not told me a thing, which as you can imagine has been difficult. I believe in this show a great deal and wish more than anything that it happens. As of right now however, I think it's fair to say that most of us are auditioning and working on other projects, trying to keep busy.

Personally, I have not signed onto anything long term that would cause a conflict at this point with Rangers.

Again, I cannot stress enough that we should not despair!!!
I still think we have a shot /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

All the best, Myriam.

P.S.

I was sorry to hear Channe that you won't be attending I-CON.
It'll have to be next time. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

The fact that you're holding off on long-term projects just in case Rangers goes to series is enough to keep me positive, Myriam!

What do you feel about the lot of us, analyzing your career choices like this? /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

About I-Con... well, I'm quite bummed that I can't go, but my vehicular transportation needed to get fixed, and the $300 I allocated to I-Con Fund had to pay for parts and labor. I'm about to change my car's name to the Liandra... /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr><font color=yellow>Again, I cannot stress enough that we should not despair!!!
I still think we have a shot /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif <hr></blockquote></font color=yellow>

I agree with you. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

hey guys,

its really nice to see all of your discussions on whether or not we "fly". i would love to hear myself, but as myriam said, we haven't heard a thing.

although, i'd love an excuse to dress up like an alien. i'm not going to lie to you. hangin in a space ship and living in outer space is pure fun no matter how you slice it.

until we find out, go and see E.T. at the theatres to pass the time. it was just as awesome as when i saw it 20 years ago!

well that's all for now. again, thanks for all your support. (fingers crossed...)

enid-raye

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back