• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Star Wars III: The Official Hype, Bitch Thread

Re: Star Wars III: The Official Hype, Bitch Threa

More hype...

The Daily Telegraph newspaper (here in Sydney, Oz) has been coming with Star Wars pins - a different character each day, for the princely sum of $2 each. Of course the first pin came free with the paper, and so my daughter saw this bright shiny object, and has been demanding the whole set.

She also loves Episode 1 (she is six years old).

So my paper is now costing me $3 each day, and I'm forced to endure daily sessions of Jaa Jaa Bloody Binks!

Bloody George Lucas! :mad:

Last night, I went to the local video library, and got the three original Star Wars movies, and watched them back to back. I enjoyed them.
They were not quite as I remembered them - although I last saw them years ago. I could have sworn that Jabba the Hutt was not in the first one . And the fight between Luke and Vader in the second didn't last quite as long as it did in this version. And the ending for the third one seemed different too. I think that maybe GL did an slight update for the end of the third one. At the end, Luke looks away from the celebrating Ewoks [teddybears with attitude!], and he sees the ghosts of Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, and his dad. Dad looks like Hayden Christiansen. And I am pretty sure that when this film was done in the early 1980s, Christiansen would have been not long out of nappies!

I've been trying to determine if you were indeed serious in this post. I'll go ahead and go under the assumption that you are.

I find it hard to believe that you haven't at least heard of the Special Editions of the Star Wars trilogy that were released in '97. They were all released in the theaters with updated special effects. Among some of the things they did were insert the deleted Jabba scenes in A New Hope and add a bunch of creatures and stuff in Mos Eisley. They did a little bit to The Empire Strikes Back but not a whole lot. In Return of the Jedi they changed that song in Jabba's palace and added more singers and dancers and stuff. They also changed the Ewok song at the end and added scenes of different planets celebrating the Emperor's death. For the DVD versions they changed even a bit more, such as adding Christensen as Anakin's ghost.

Those are a lot of the reasons people hate George Lucas. He keeps changing these things and making them in the opinions of many fans, worse.

She also loves Episode 1 (she is six years old).

I love TPM too. (I'm 25 years old.) :D If only more people in this world had the compassion of Jar Jar Binks!!!

I have a sneaky hope that Jar Jar will die so heroically that no one will ever look at him in quite the same way.

I have a hope that he will die ignobly in the first 30 seconds and we never have to look/listen to him(?) ever again in any way. ;) That would be a very good start to the film.

I find it hard to believe that you haven't at least heard of the Special Editions of the Star Wars trilogy that were released in '97. They were all released in the theaters with updated special effects. Among some of the things they did were insert the deleted Jabba scenes in A New Hope and add a bunch of creatures and stuff in Mos Eisley. They did a little bit to The Empire Strikes Back but not a whole lot. In Return of the Jedi they changed that song in Jabba's palace and added more singers and dancers and stuff. They also changed the Ewok song at the end and added scenes of different planets celebrating the Emperor's death. For the DVD versions they changed even a bit more, such as adding Christensen as Anakin's ghost.

Come to think of it, I had heard about it. But back in1997, I had little time for anything but B5 - I lived and breathed it that year.

But the changes were certainly a wee bit disconcerting ....

Okay .... MINOR SPOILER ALERT!!!!! DON'T READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU DON'T WANNA KNOW!!!

Jar-jar Binks does not appear in SWIII according to what I have read. Apparently, you hear his voice in the background at one point - but that's it.

SPOILERS END!!!!

There used to be something you could do to hide any Spoilers. Is there a way to do it now?

So my paper is now costing me $3 each day, and I'm forced to endure daily sessions of Jaa Jaa Bloody Binks!

Well, it could be worse. It could be the Wiggles ... or Elmo - my nephew loves Elmo.

I have a sneaky hope that Jar Jar will die
That, I'm sorry to say does not happen. :mad:

On the RotJ DVD turn the captions at the very end when they show Naboo for a second, it says Jar Jar: "We'sa free!" :mad:

If only more people in this world had the compassion of Jar Jar Binks!!!

If only more people in this world had a bullet with Jar Jar Binks name on it ... that would do the trick.

A bullet would be too good for Jar Jar. That being said the new song in Jaba's palace may out-annoy even a Jar Jar poop joke, they at least are short.

I wonder if Jar Jar's declining screen time was part of GL's original plan all along, or whether he's cut down the character because of the general reaction to him..

Whatever else you may say, Ahmed Best's is by far the least wooden performance in TPM.. It's a crying shame he's so annoying..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back