• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Star Trek movie news

Oh please not another Star Trek movie :rolleyes:Yet another incarnation and Babylon 5 can't even get a break but yet they beat this old horse to death. :mad:This is one thing we don't need .

Apparently, Erik Jendresen just doesn't know math and pulled the 160 years out his butt. New article says that the prequel movie will be post-Enterprise.

Yep, this movie is gonna kick ass. :rolleyes:

Oh god. I'm not a Star Trek fan or anything, but this sounds horrible. No, its worse than horrible. It's completely insane!

Apparently, Erik Jendresen just doesn't know math and pulled the 160 years out his butt. New article says that the prequel movie will be post-Enterprise.

Yep, this movie is gonna kick ass. :rolleyes:

This sounds like a pilot for a new series.

Whether a TV or feature film series I do not know.

Faith? Star Trek? :eek: .. those terms stopped working together a long time ago I'm afraid :eek:

Don't want to prejudge or anything .. but if the concept already shows so much ignorance towards the time line .. bleh.

That and it does really sound like a pilot, if anything.

First reaction was mehhh.

I would much prefer a break of a year, then a post TNG (by 200 to 500 years maybe) series, taking the franchises' exploration of sci-fi ideas to a new level on par with writers such as Ian Banks. We could see, for better or worse, ther result of the social evolution of the federation, time travel, dmension hopping, human evolution, loads of ideas.

The writer's role as producer/ lead writer on Band of Brothers does give me hope it won't suck. though

I would much prefer a break of a year, then a post TNG (by 200 to 500 years maybe) series, taking the franchises' exploration of sci-fi ideas to a new level on par with writers such as Ian Banks. We could see, for better or worse, ther result of the social evolution of the federation, time travel, dmension hopping, human evolution, loads of ideas.

That's what I was thinking. I could easily see the Federation morphing into something like the Culture.

VB

Again, this is a hired gun to write a script just like JMS did on TMoS. This does not mean the film has a greenlight...not by a long shot.

I still predict Paramount will let it die for a while. They are not impressed with Trek films any longer. Especially ones produced by Berman. The last two failed miserably, and people with such track records aren't handed more films -- especially when the Trek franchise is about to be put to bed for a time.

I think this is Berman's way of grabbing for power again, and Paramount saying, "Go ahead, let us see a script, but no promises."

Do you all know how many film scripts are commissioned like this every year and never, ever see the light of day, much less go into production?

We're hearing about this because Berman made it public. Why? To try to hold onto a franchise he's destroyed and doesn't want to let go of because it's all he has that makes him important. If he makes the spect script public, then hopefully he can steal some of the thunder over Enterprise getting cancelled and turn it to his film idea (which steals where Coto was going to go with ENT.).

It isn't going to work. Can you imagine the suits letting him have millions of dollars to make another film that fans aren't in support of (while they kill something the fans do support) after two failed films and after he, Berman himself, has told them and the world that Trek suffers from franchise fatigue (his pitiful excuse for what he's done to Trek's fandom) and needs a rest?

I can hear that conversation now:

Berman: "I know let's do another big budget film about the formation of the Federation. We'll use all new cast so we don't have to go to any one actor and beg them to come onboard."

Suit: "Didn't you just get through saying that Trek needed a break for a while, Rick? That the fans were fatigued and waning?"

Berman: "Well, that was until I saw their outcry over the cancellation of ENTERPRISE. We've obviously still got fans."

Suit: "Where were they on the last two films?"

Berman: "Well...."

Suit: "Besides, we're talking about a film here, not a series...not to mention, they seem to really like what Manny is doing these days."

Berman: "That's why I think we should use what he wanted to do with another season of ENTERPRISE for the film."

Suit: "But with an all new cast that the fans of ENTERPRISE and Trek in general don't know."

Berman: "Exactly...then we don't owe Manny anything."

Suit: "If you give us a script we'll take a look, but no promises."

Berman: "Great...I'll get you one."

*Berman leaves. Suit turns to other suit*

Suit: "Yeah, like that's ever gonna happen. Is Manny still outside...send him in."

CE

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back