• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

STAR ROGUE is coming!!!

What are your expectations for STAR ROGUE???

• Fresh meat...bring it on

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm hopeful

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • I'm cautiously optimistic

• It'll start good, then end bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Probably a copycat story

• It'll probably be a disappointment

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • New scifi sucks...long live the oldies

• Total voters
Recoil...just shut up. I did put up a single post until YOU asked for more info.
Crazyhorse...I know it hasn't come out in print yet. How did you get a copy of the manuscript? Or are you just trashing?
As for my enthusiasm...you'll understand once the series comes out.

Recoil...just shut up. I did put up a single post until YOU asked for more info.

Sue him. Or all of us. :p

Seriously though .. bad, bad, bad marketing, no matter what your connection to the book is. I actually am somewhat influenced by this place in regard to what works of fiction I spend my time with.

I don't need people to tell me what is good or not, but as a human being, my time is limited. I can't read, watch, or listen, to anything ever produced, so I do actually value input to prevent myself from wasting time on something that is utter pants - especially from people whose tastes I have learnt to trust, such as Recoil, GKE, Markas, and others.

This thread though .. had me suspicious from the very first post. Someone we have never heard of before .. signed up here with apparently no connection to "our thing" (B5), soley for the purpose of advertising something .. with the kind of enthusiasm that makes me wary in any case. "OMG OMG OMG IT ROXX0RS!!!!" doesn't seem like much of a sane, impartial and educated opinion to me. With the book having been written by a completely unknown author, I couldn't help instantly wondering if this was the author .. or maybe even the author's mother or something ;)

Mind you, there's nothing wrong with advertising stuff here. I'm currently involved on an independent film production (that will most probably never actually happen, but .. what the hell :p ) .. and if it by some bizarre chance actually gets done at some point, I do plan to post about it here, and to show off a bit. I doubt it would help my credibility though if I showed it off as the next Star Wars or something - and that's with people actually having some idea who I am.

It's especially bad marketing when this thread is the first thing that comes up on google if one googles for the author now :D

Last edited:
Whatever...believe what you want.

"no good deed goes unpunished"

You're welcome for the advanced info, by the way.

Yeah, this weak attempt at viral / social marketing was misplaced to begin with. Sorry dude. Some folk here are really quite intellegent you know...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back