• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Spoo. It's whats for Dinner

Re: Spoo. It\'s whats for Dinner

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>No, those are the Minbari Feline equivalent.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But there's nothing to say Gok don't taste like chicken.
smile.gif

Cat: The Other White Meat

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

Mr. Smarty Pants....
Do Minbari eat their pets? I think not!
And it is true that we don't know what
type of animal a gok is.......hey, it
could like Debbie(Will's pet on Lost in
Space.) Now that could be some scary eatin'

------------------
"...abso-FRAGGIN-lutely, damn it! I have been studying your use of lauguage since our last discussion. Do you approve?"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lennier:

I'm embarrassed to admit that I once caused quite an amount of chaos (I hope nobody choked of laughter) by introducing the concept of spoo and spoo ranchers to a certain message board (which shall remain nameless) dedicated to a certain computer game (which shall remain nameless).
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Firstones, by any chance?

------------------
Laws to suppress tend to strengthen what they would prohibit. This is the fine point on which all the legal professions of history have based their job security.
-Bene Gesserit Coda
-Black&Gold Vorlon @ TGU, Firstones, and elsewhere

[This message has been edited by Talyn (edited July 01, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>hey, it could like Debbie(Will's pet on Lost in Space.) Now that could be some scary eatin'<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will's pet?!

I don't think so.
smile.gif

Your memory is playing tricks on you. Will would never have named any pet of his "Debbie." The badly-made-up chimp was Penny's pet. If goks look anything like Debbie then I think we can be sure that Lennier wouldn't own one, having been traumatized by a lookalike creature as a child.
smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Firstones, by any chance?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Luckily no.

The effects of spoo when released into a fresh and unprepared environment (of a totally non-B5-related messageboard) are profound, to say the least. It has lead me to believe that spoo carry a less fatal (but equally contagious) form of either the Markab plague or the infamous "all-your-base syndrome" that has claimed many online communities on 21st century Earth.

Luckily, instead of blocking neural functions, the spoo disease somehow stimulates them, causing an unprecedented portion of the population to roll on the floor laughing.

That, by the way, was exactly what I was doing - after reading Joe DeMartino's latest post. Luckily, having never seen Lost in Space, no matter how much I strain my imagination I'm still quite unable to imagine what either a gok or a debbie should look like...
laugh.gif

------------------
Canned flarn is a sacrilege.

[This message has been edited by Lennier (edited July 01, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
Will's pet?!

I don't think so.
smile.gif

Your memory is playing tricks on you. Will would never have named any pet of his "Debbie." The badly-made-up chimp was Penny's pet. If goks look anything like Debbie then I think we can be sure that Lennier wouldn't own one, having been traumatized by a lookalike creature as a child.
smile.gif

Regards,

Joe
I stand corrected. I remember it(she) said
"Bleep-bleep" a lot, too.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
"...abso-FRAGGIN-lutely, damn it! I have been studying your use of lauguage since our last discussion. Do you approve?"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lennier:
Luckily no.

That, by the way, was exactly what I was doing - after reading Joe DeMartino's latest post. Luckily, having never seen Lost in Space, no matter how much I strain my imagination I'm still quite unable to imagine what either a gok or a debbie should look like...
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I was wrong...her name was Penny, and she looked like a chimp with a fur hat out of
Fargo.
shocked.gif

------------------

My attempts at deadpan humor fail me once again.

I was trying to make a joke about Goks, Cats, Chickens, and how a Centauri would probably get them all mixed up.

Never mind.It wasn't that funny anyway.

------------------
Marcus, "Well They said I was carrying around a lot of repressed anger.
Lennier, "and?"
Marcus, "I'm not repressed anymore."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cern:

I was trying to make a joke about Goks, Cats, Chickens, and how a Centauri would probably get them all mixed up.

[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
On the contrary, I think someone like Londo
might just know the difference...especially
if it's decadent....souffle, not fast
food gok, or cat!!!

laugh.gif

------------------

Cats? I believe they have feathers, a long bill, webbed feet, and go "quack", if what Londo said was right.
laugh.gif

------------------
--Garibaldi-- "Maybe they should've labeled the future 'Some Assembly Required'."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Cats? I believe they have feathers, a long bill, webbed feet, and go "quack", if what Londo said was right.
laugh.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to mention tasting wonderful in orange sauce.
smile.gif

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

Thanks! I haven't tried that.
laugh.gif

------------------
--Garibaldi-- "Maybe they should've labeled the future 'Some Assembly Required'."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Not to mention tasting wonderful in orange sauce.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or, there's Peking Cat. But you have to order 24 hours ahead.

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

Are you sure it wasn't a "pecking cat"? I don't know Centauri that well... but it sure seemed so.

------------------
Canned flarn is a sacrilege.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Do Minbari eat their pets? I think not!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, that's Pak'ma'ra business...

------------------
What do you want?
ShadowShips!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back