• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Specs

Delbert

Beyond the rim
In both A Call to Arms and Crusade there are people on the Excalibur's bridge wearing aviator-style rimless glasses. In one episode (can't remember what it was called, I'm afraid) it was the two crewmen at the Sensor station. This made me think that the specs are actually some sort of heads-up or VR display - a bit like the display that Hitchock used to wear on seaQuest when manipulating the VR probe outside the boat. Anyone else have any thoughts, or remember any clues? Totally trivial, of course, but there you go
laugh.gif

------------------

I'm not sure but I'd say it was very possible. Seaquest is one of my favorite shows. I wish sci-fi still showed it
frown.gif

------------------
What are those Earth creatures called? Feathers, long bill, webbed feet .. go 'quack'?"

"Cats."

"Cats. I'm being nibbled to death by cats."

Now, if only seaQuest wasn't cancelled...

Season 1 - awesome, and by far the best
Season 2 - we'll not discuss that
Season 3 - better than 2, not as good as 3, but I did enjoy it

-Natron

------------------

I noticed that too. Never occurred to me that they were anything other than glasses, I just thought it was nice to see our short - sighted friends being represented on TV for a change!

WarpPig

------------------

I think they're just normal glasses, if they were what you say they are than I think they would of made them more high tech looking.
smile.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by War-Demon:
I think they're just normal glasses, if they were what you say they are than I think they would of made them more high tech looking.
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Granted, except that they're the same style, worn by a number of different people, but only at that station (as far as I remember). Like I said originally, really trivial, but just something that I had wondered about. Probably a sign that I have too much time on my hands!

------------------

Sequest was quite a good show. Anyone use to watch Earth 2? It was also a nice viewing. Maybe Dylann will wear a pair!
wink.gif

------------------
"There is no memory with less satisfaction in it than the memory of some temptation we resisted."
-Harlan Ellison quoting James Branch Cabell

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back