• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

*sigh* Now I miss Crusade again.

Recoil

Regular
Just watched my new Crusade VCDs and also read through the unfilmed scripts. Damn that was going to be a cool show/story. So many neat mysteries. No real point to this thread, just me whining thats all
wink.gif

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

**Joins Recoil and Demon in the whining**

You know, after deciding to buy a few tapes of Crusade and watch them, I *really* miss it. At least I just got mail from Amazon that another two tapes are in the mail... with any luck, I'll get them by next weekend.
laugh.gif

It's a small consolation though. That show would have been worth continuing.

And I miss Max. *Sighs*

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Demon:
Don't get me started on how much I miss Gideon *sniff*

frown.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't get me started on how much I miss 'em all, even Trace and Chambers (well, almost miss Chambers).
frown.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KoshN:
well, almost miss Chambers

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey, I think Chambers is hotter than Dureena.

------------------
So come on rally round this brave and valiant cause with tradition, pride, and honor at its core. With swords drawn to defend stood these noble-hearted men. Faugh-an-ballagh, clear the way, me boys!!
-Dropkick Murphys: Heroes From Our Past

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cern:

hey, I think Chambers is hotter than Dureena.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No way!
crazy.gif

Just look at Dureena sitting up on that ledge in The Memory of War. Nuff said.
smile.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

Oh, no.

Now I'm reviving all that Crusade mourning

*The Martian blows his nose violently in a tissue*

as well as feeling a deep sense of... seething, angry demand for more Farscape...

*shakes his fist in the air*

(I really should get a life... but I just don't want to... there's too much else to do)

------------------
Struggling writer with a very long streak of bad luck.

Could it be because I'm from Mars?

I'll join also... As many times mentioned, Crusade had big potential to be a good story/show. It is sad that TNT came and.. well.. you know.. I wanted to know most of all what kind of cure they would have found on their crusade with Excalibur.

------------------
Logical thinking - Perfect weapon

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GeoKuutio:
I'll join also... As many times mentioned, Crusade had big potential to be a good story/show. It is sad that TNT came and.. well.. you know.. I wanted to know most of all what kind of cure they would have found on their crusade with Excalibur.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wanted to see the threads of To the Ends of the Earth and End of the Line explored and resolved.
cool.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

Crusade (reruns) starting 03/26/2002 at 1PM EST on the Sci-Fi Channel

i miss max
frown.gif

sigh... even if crusade dose start off where it left its highly unlikely thoes scrips will be turned into episodes... from what jms said any way
frown.gif

------------------
G'kar " No dictator no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms .forever.. there is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom...against that power governments and tyrants and armies Cannot stand... The Centauri learned this lession once ... We will teach it to them again... though it take a thousand years... We will be Free!"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cleron:
i miss max
frown.gif

sigh... even if crusade dose start off where it left its highly unlikely thoes scrips will be turned into episodes... from what jms said any way
frown.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you know why, Clernon? I hear they were good scripts. Did he mention why?

I miss Max, too. Galen, heck all of that bunch! And I STILL want to know what was in that box.
crazy.gif

------------------
"The Bible is a book: it is a good book, but is is not the only book" - Inherit the Wind

"I do not believe that the same God who
has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."—Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cleron:
i miss max
frown.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too.
frown.gif
He had all the makings of a truly interesting character.

At least I've now got most of the official Crusade (PAL) tapes - they look good on the shelf.
laugh.gif
Although I'd much rather see the series still continuing... if it had lasted, wouldn't we be in the middle of what, S4 or S5 by now?

*Sniffle*

------------------
"There are things out there beyond imagination, and I have a rather healthy imagination." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com | Kribu.net

frown.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I REALLY, REALLY doubt that, and I just asked JMS on rastb5m. Those are the two strongest scripts, and one of the MAJOR reasons I want Crusade back. If JMS didn't film those scripts, he'd be shooting himself in the foot(with this:
A10_Cannon.jpg
). Maybe he's had too long of an association with Warner Brothers, and some of their bad habits have rubbed off on him???
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>sigh... even if crusade dose start off where it left its highly unlikely thoes scrips will be turned into episodes... from what jms said any way<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are you basing this on? I've never seen anything from JMS that remotely suggests this, and I don't miss much of what he posts. I suspect that you're misremembering something.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

I haven't seen any JMS quotes about those scripts being unlikely.

However, I would think that it would be unlikely that they would be filmed without any changes. This is just because I think that it is now not all that likely that the entire cast could be reassembled.

Naturally, I would love to be proven wrong.
wink.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PillowRock:
I haven't seen any JMS quotes about those scripts being unlikely.

However, I would think that it would be unlikely that they would be filmed without any changes. This is just because I think that it is now not all that likely that the entire cast could be reassembled.

Naturally, I would love to be proven wrong.
wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, Chambers (Holden) should now even be available, since her Beastmaster series is now cancelled.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited February 04, 2002).]

i probably misunderstood what he meant.... it was in one of his Bookface "is that the name ?" posts where he was angry with them being coped and passed around, its been quite a long time since ive seen it but there was some thing in there that gave me the idea he might not turn the scripts into Episodes.

"shrugz"

------------------
G'kar " No dictator no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms .forever.. there is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom...against that power governments and tyrants and armies Cannot stand... The Centauri learned this lession once ... We will teach it to them again... though it take a thousand years... We will be Free!"

[This message has been edited by Cleron (edited February 06, 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>i probably misunderstood what he meant...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I think so.

Here's the relevant passage from his message asking folks to stop distributing the scripts:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>You are infringing on my rights, my copyright, my ownership, and causing me to regret my decision to let folks see them, such that I may never do this again because it greatly reduces my ability to ever sell them or publish them in book form in future.

You have, in effect, stolen my property and are freely distributing same. That it's not available elsewhere is not the issue; we all want things we can't have, or which are not currently available. I'm asking you politely, as the guy who *made* this show and *wrote* those scripts (and *owns* those scripts) for you to stop. If it doesn't stop, I'm going to have to start taking action against those doing this. - jms (Usenet 6/29/2001 (c) 2001 Synthetic Worlds, Ltd. all rights reserved)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He may have later said something about how it was unlikely that the scripts would be filmed because Crusade was out of production, when asked why he stressed the publishing rights in the quote above. (If he did, my search at JMS news didn't turn up the post.) But he never said anything about not producing these particular scripts if the show were revived.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

I miss Galen and Dureena the most.
This imcomplete show of 13 eps and several unfilmed scripts still beats many current shows with regard to characters, intriguing plot and potential. Arrrgh.....

*sniff*

------------------

Back