• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

SFX for B5lr: Worries and questions

Leave it to Sassy to see "SFX" and think of "SEX"! LOL
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Actually I am sure there are others here who have thought the same thing, but Sassy was the one with enough "sassyness" to post it!
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

------------------
Last night I had a dream of purple wombats doing showtunes around my salad bar. RW, Anla'Salad'Shok'Na of the Salad Rangers.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Thank you! I went out of my way to avoid watching those movies.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So did I.
smile.gif
Unfortunately that didn't stop me from being aware of them, and at least some of the people who were in them.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

If you haven't seen The Brady Bunch Movie you should, ESPECIALLY for Gary Cole.

He mimics Robert Reed so well, it's hilarious. And he plays the role perfectly straight (no pun intended).

What's really funny about the movie is that it's the Brady's, with all of their 70s wholesomeness .... but they're living in 1990s Los Angeles.

In essence, they've become the Addams Family.

------------------
"When something we value is destroyed, we rebuild it. If it's destroyed again we rebuild it again. And again, and again, and again. Until it stays. "
~Jeffrey Sinclair

I haven't seen the series, but I recon the movies were more satire than remake. I especially got a kick of the whole "middle sister syndrome".

And reportedly Gary just signed up for another BB sequel... Don't know if it's the "Brady for President" project there was some buzz about previosly (since there was talk about recasting everybody) or something else.

------------------
You are not entitled to your own opinion. You are only entitled to your own informed opinion.
-- Harlan Ellison qouting Gustave Flaubert

I would love great effects but as long as they aren't so bad as to distract from the story I'm not too worried.

I saw the first BB movie. It was funny, in small doses. For say fifteen minutes Cole saying the same thing over and over in different ways(think Mojo jojo) and the girl's voices telling her to kill evoke laughter but than watch too long and you'll feel like putting your head through a wall. Perhaps people who actually watched it would like it better. I've never seen an ep in reruns and I didn't see the original run(hard to watch tv when you don't exist yet).

------------------
Bus

"Yeah, we could start our own game where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing's the way it seems."-Homer

To Joe D.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Well, assuming the "Brady Bunch" part is what has you confused: Gary Cole played Mike Brady in two feature films based on the old Brady Bunch TV series. (In between the two films he did American Gothic which much have been quite a change of pace.) With two successful feature films behind him it does seem possible that his asking price was higher than most of the other actors. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you! I went out of my way to avoid watching those movies. American Gothic & Midnight Caller I remember, but the Brady Bunch reference really through me, not exactly my taste.

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back