• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Service to community

Did you use force?
laugh.gif

------------------
"You've misspelled this. There's no 'Y' in liberties."
"Oh, go away. Repress someone else."

Ah... that's almost as good, yes.
smile.gif

------------------
"You've misspelled this. There's no 'Y' in liberties."
"Oh, go away. Repress someone else."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Forget force....persuasion and a tape of In the Beginning<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good for you! Anyone SF fan who isn't floored by In the Beginning is ... beyond hope. (I'm sure some would use stronger words there! :)

(Spoken as a Trek and B5 fan.)

------------------
Rob Scott

I have always been a Star Trek fan..but I must admit that Babylon 5 was by far a better show...so much more real to me...and the characters were superb!! (Did I just admit that out loud??)

------------------

Wow... there's hope for the rest of the world yet
smile.gif

------------------
Have you been taking a philosophy course for the martial-artistically challenged?

Worse than trying to get blood out of a stone.

[This message has been edited by Crusader (edited May 25, 2001).]

Good job on coverting the Trekkie (okay was he really a Trekkie or was he the more appropriate "Trekker"--there's a difference).

And you did it with In The Beginning? Don't get me wrong, it's a great movie, but imagine what would have happened if you had shown him any of the following:

(218) Confessions and Lamentations
the middle 3 episodes of the 3rd season
the last 3 episodes of the 3rd season
the first 6 episodes of the 4th season
(419) Between the Darkness & the Light
(420) Endgame
(518) The Fall of Centauri Prime

Floored? No, any set of those awesome episodes whould have knocked 'em into the sub-basement
smile.gif

------------------

Nice job. As Delenn says, faith manages. May this be an example to all who want to turn people away from the evil that is Star Trek! Persevere, become spotless in your pursuit of the truth, and turn others away from the monotony!

Great maker, I'm starting to sound like Trox.

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

-"Matters of Honor"

Moved this one over to General discussion.

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by crazybillyo:
Nice job. As Delenn says, faith manages. May this be an example to all who want to turn people away from the evil that is Star Trek! Persevere, become spotless in your pursuit of the truth, and turn others away from the monotony!

Great maker, I'm starting to sound like Trox.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm a B5 fan, but a trekkie first and foremost, B5 and Trek are different, they cannot be accurately compared.

------------------
2 + 2 is not 4!! This is the kinda stuff that's gonna get you started on crazy ideas like freedom and democracy. Just say no! -- Stalin Wannabe :D

I am a Trekkie. Have been since I was a kid.

Truth be told, I did not watch Babylon 5 when it was originally on the air. I think I did see the first pilot. Which explains why I never took another look.

About 3 months ago I was bored and tuned to the Sci-Fi channel. They were showing the TV movie where Londo is Emperor and old and he is telling a couple of children (his?) the story of the Earth-Minbari war.

I came away utterly impressed with the production values, the character development, the special effects and most of all the EXTENSIVE backstory. I have since begun voraciously collecting and reading anything B5 I can get my hands on.

I still like Trek. I agree that Trek and Babylon 5 are two totally seperate things. Trek is Trek. And B5 is B5. You can't really compare them.

------------------
"During a witch hunt, don't get caught wearing a pointy hat."

[This message has been edited by Valen2k1 (edited May 25, 2001).]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back