• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Series Admission?

Actually, this particular group of Rangers could be headquartered at any of the Ranger training facilities on other worlds besides Minbar.

Remember, Sinclair established training camps on a dozen worlds so the Shadows couldn't take out the entire organization with one attack.

And, since they will have their own ship, I wouldn't expect them to spend much time at headquarers anyway. They would probably just "pop in" to which ever training base is most convenient at any particular time to pick up supplies or people or drop off information.

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

That's right, bakana. I was thinking more about the Rangers as the organization, not the particular groups or sub-sections which would probably be stationed in several different locations.

I still think that the main HQ would be on Minbar, but this does not imply that all Rangers have to drop by Minbar every now and then.

Just idle speculation, anyway...
laugh.gif

------------------
"It's animal magnetism. What can I say."

About ranges base: In my opinion, rangers have many bases. HQ is in Minbar in Tuzenor and one the main bases is B5, but not HQ. May be B5 is only HQ of some region.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>one the main bases is B5, but not HQ. May be B5 is only HQ of some region.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dunno. Despite the series title, I'm not sure that B5 is going to much more than a convenient transfer point and meeting place for the Rangers. The Earth Alliance is a member of the IA, but a lot of people must still be pretty ambivalent about Sheridan, the organization he founded, the station that he once led in a rebellion against Earth, and the Rangers who helped force the EA to accept Sheridan's terms at the end of the Civil War. (That White Star fly-by was done for a reason.) We know from the series that a lot of folks on Earth still have a grudge against the Minbari from the pervious war, which is one more reason to be suspicious of organizations like the Rangers.

Only 3 years after Sheridan's departure for Minbar I suspect feelings are still running high, and that the EA would resist making a station it has just recovered from "traitors" a base for an "alien" paramilitary force. But maybe that's just my own nasty, suspcious nature showing through.
smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

I agree, I never thought of B5 as a headquarters for the Rangers, just a place they might visit. And why not, they have all the visuals and it would be fun for the old fans and wouldn't affect the newbies.

Also, Sheridan left Number One on B5 as the head of security because it was a more central place for picking up information and that's part of what the Rangers do too.

The real headquarters must be on Minbar because Delenn is Entil'Zha and will be for the next 17 years so she has to be involved with them in some way. That doesn't mean we will see the crew of the Liandra visiting there, at least not in TLaDiS.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> I still think that the main HQ would be on Minbar, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you remember, when Delenn was asked to become Anlashok'Na, the location of the Ranger Headquarters was her first attempt to avoid taking over the slot.
The Reply was that Ranger Headquarters is wherever Anlashok'Na is.

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back