• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Seen the B5-actors in other shows ?

I saw miss Talia winters in a rerun of LAPD the other night! no different with the exception of the length of hair

I read in the paper that Andrea has left CNN, and will be on Court TV soon! I should think that mind reading would violate the rights of the accused. /ubbthreads/images/icons/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

I saw "Sum of all Fears" the other day, and noticed Major Ryan (from Severed Dreams) in it. I think I recognised one of the captains from "No Surrender, No Retreat" too, but I'm not sure.

Just wanted to say that it is way cool that this B5-actorsthread I started 3 months ago seems to reawaken on a regular basis! Great ! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Every so often one of us sees another actor on something and off the thread goes again.

Was watching Mars Attack last night and saw Paul Winfield, who plays General Franklyn, Stephen's father in B5. I always associate him with ST:Wrath of Khan where he played Chekov's new Captain who had the nasty thing put in his ear /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

Sheridan's dad is Rance Howard, and is REALLY the dad of Ron Howard (yes, THAT Ron Howard who just got the Oscar for best director) and originally was little Opie on Mayberry RFD and Winthrop Piru (with the lisp) in the movie of The Music Man long before he was Ritchie Cunningham on Happy Days (which just reprised his role from American Graffiti).

I saw Murder by Numbers tonight (not bad by the way) and there was our very own Mr Welles aka John Vickery, masquerading as a restaurant manager /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

That man gets around. Good job it wasn't Neroon running the restaurant. Could have got messy if the customers got lippy and he used his staff /forums/images/icons/devil.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Bruce McGill (Major Ryan) is also in HBO's Path to War.

[/quote]

But he'll always be "D-Day" from Animal House to me. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

(He was also in the final episode of Quantum Leap)

Paul Winfield, of course, has been in tons of stuff, and currently narrates the true crime series City Confidential for A&E.

John Vickery is a great singer, having at least been nominated (don't recall if he won) for a Tony award. He played Scar in the Broadway musical The Lion King.

Regards,

Joe

John Vickery is a great singer, having at least been nominated (don't recall if he won) for a Tony award. He played Scar in the Broadway musical The Lion King.

[/quote]
Good heavens! The thought of Neroon singing as he swings his pike is truly terrifying! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

The ST-B5 connection:

Julie Caitlin Brown plays Worf's wife and mother to their son, Alexander on TNG. Also plays Q's wife on Voyager.

Patricia Tallman plays a security guard on TNG and is also the stunt double for Dr Crusher. She also has a role on Voyager as one of Harry's "prospective" wives.

Andreas Katsulas plays the Romulan Tamalak in TNG.

Tracy Scoggins plays a Cardassian on DS9. (IMO, a much better role.)

Jeffrey Coombs plays the Vorta Weyoun and Ferengi Brunt on DS9 - even in the same episode - and an Andorian on Enterprise.

Marjorie Majoran played Freia on Voyager (as a holodeck character).

There are a few others, but they're mostly genre actors.

In other realms...

Both Peter Jurasik and Jerry Doyle had roles on "Sliders".

Bruce Boxleitner was in Tron (as was Peter Jurasik) and a few "Gambler" movies. He was also the lead in "Scarecrow and Mrs King".

We all know about his wife.

Claudia Christian has been in some cheesy movies. She falls to her death in "The Hidden". But did you see her in "Hexed"? Hubba hubba.

Andreas Katsulas was the one-armed man in the remake of "The Fugitive".

Jeff Conaway is best known for his bad acting in "Taxi" and "Grease".

Bill Mumy was Will Robinson in "Lost in Space".

Andrea Thompson was on "NYPD Blue" and a real life news anchor on CNN.

Steven Furst played Flounder in "Animal Houise" and a mental patient in "The Dream Team".

Richard Biggs played on the Lifetime series "Time and Again".

Tracy Scoggins was on "Lois and Clark".

... You know, maybe I watch too much TV.

Stephen Furst was also a regular on St. Elsewhere (he recently appeared with other alumni of that show in a episode of the comedy Scrubs). Peter Jurassik played the same recurring character (Sid the Snitch) on Hill Street Blues and its short-lived sequel, Beverly Hills Buntz. (And I used to watch way too much TV. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif)

So, Peter and Bruce were both in Tron, and Bruce McGill and Stephen Furst were both in Animal House. Any other films to TV shows with two B5 actors (in the same movie or episode) out there?

Regards,

Joe

<font color="yellow">"Any other films to TV shows with two B5 actors (in the same movie or episode) out there?"</font color>

"Till We Meet Again" (mini-series) - Bruce Boxleitner, John Vickery (and Michael York).
"Communion" - Andreas Katsulas, Maggie Egan.

Can't think of any others off-hand but I'm sure there are more.

<font color="yellow">Julie Caitlin Brown plays Worf's wife and mother to their son, Alexander on TNG. Also plays Q's wife on Voyager.</font color>

Uhm, no that wasn't Julie. It was Suzie Plakson who played those roles. Suzie also played "Lt. Selar, M.D." on ST:TNG. Julie on the otherhand played (according to IMDb) "Ty Kajada" in DS9, "Vekor" in TNG and "Guinevere Corey" in B5. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Any other films to TV shows with two B5 actors (in the same movie or episode) out there?

[/quote]
The mini-series "Fall From Grace" featured both Michael York - 'King Arthur' in A Late Delivery from Avalon, and Gary Cole - Captain Matthew Gideon from Crusade.

Andrea Thompson is no longer with CNN. I read that she is moving to Court TV, where she will no doubt read the minds of witnesses and tell us if they are lying.

Not only did Londo have a previous life as Dennis Franz' sidekick Sid the Snitch on Hill Street Blues; but Lou Welch was Dennis Franz' dirty previous partner, Tommy Donahue.

Andrea Thompson appears in the movie Wall Street. She has a moment in a limo with Charlie Sheen. Of course, she also had a role for a season or two in JAG, before she went on to NYPD Blue.

The woman who was the second Lt. Saavik in the Star Trek movies (Kristie Alley was the first) appeared in B5 as an alien ambassador (the one that sort of looked like a humanoid fish; she had a fin on her head).

I think CC was in an episode of Columbo, as Faye Dunaway's daughter.

A lot of folks were upset to see Ranger Marcus Cole appear as a hippie in a Chevolet Avalanche commercial.

There was an actor from down under who appeared in a B5 episode as someone trying to take over the criminal element of down below. He later had a regular role on JAG, and I just saw him in an "instant mop" commercial.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back