• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Season 5 Easter Egg

Click the hidden "5" in the "Data Files" section for "The Universe of Babylon 5" on the last DVD if you're using a mouse (it appears if you hover over the upper central space).
If you're using a remote, I guess you would use the up key from the normal selections.

Awesome thanks!

It is interesting how JMS sort of "changed his tune slightly" regarding that situation. I always took the cryogenically frozen "mug shot" of his credits for the episode Sleeping in Light (filmed at the end of season 4) to be two-fold, and JMS sort of supported that initially.

1) To lessen the blow to diehard fans of Marcus (the ladies).

2) A testament of Ivanova's refusing to let go, and in a cruel sort of way, her not forgiving him for dying for her, by freezing him and not letting him "pass" peacefully.

After much fan debate and flaming about the whole Marcus thing, JMS wrote that short story "Space, Time and the Incurable Romantic" to effectively STOP the debate and say "ok ok fine, THIS is what happened, relax already."

In the commentary he seems to have a different stance on the issue as if it was planned that way all along, and he even says the short story is of course...canon.

Something I just thought of. JMS mentions that he wrote the short story about Marcus being revived 500 years in the future, and that he recreated Ivonova, and they lived happily ever after. The problem, 500 hundred years in the future, woudn't that be around the time of "The Great Burn"?
just my thoughts.

Frank

Not sure where the 500 year figure comes from. In the story Marcus is told
By the Earth calendar, the event you are describing took place nearly three hundred years ago

The event being Marcus having saved Ivanova's life

Maybe I'll have to go and watch the S5 easter egg again. I thought JMS said the short story took place 500 years after Marcus was frozen.

Frank

Maybe JMS forgot what he wrote :D

It doesn't matter too much, anyway, as the story doesn't take place on Earth. Set on Minbar, Sirius 9, somewhere in Brakiri space, Mars and an isolated planet called Chryn III.

In the commentary he seems to have a different stance on the issue as if it was planned that way all along, and he even says the short story is of course...canon.

I tend to think he was giving himself some flexibility - a trap door in reverse, in case he decided he had some use for the character. (I remember the "if there's a fifth season, you're frozen" line making the rounds pretty early.) And if he never did, then the impact of the cryo-frozen "mostly dead" Marcus is pretty much equal to the all-dead version.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back