• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Season 2: Things are picking up...

Indifferent, I suppose. The Franklin part was the highlight, I liked the father. The thing with Dodger was little corny. I cringe when I see Garibaldi pass up the free sex with the red-head. I've already been lectured about why he wouldn't have done it, etc, so please spare me that. I just think it's silly.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

You know, I had NEVER seen that episode? I've seen the series all the way through probably 5 or 6 times. I've seen select episodes 10-15 times or more.

I had never seen this one, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's neat being able to see my favorite characters in a whole new plot.

And the whole thing with Garibaldi and the Ground Pounder is now clear! I always wondered about her and where she came from.

Oh, and the guy who plays Stephen's father is the same guy who got that bug put in his ear by Khan, except a LOT heavier.
smile.gif

All in all, I liked the episode.

------------------

Gropos was not bad. I am indifferent to it. Waaaaaaay too much of Keffer in that ep. He was just bland. Seeing the elder Franklin was a treat.

Frizzell

------------------
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in a confederacy against him."
-Jonathan Swift

"Good in theory...
Lousy in practice...
It implies that I am expendable. I am many things. I am bright, personable, charismatic and not a bad dancer but expendable? No."

[This message has been edited by Frizzell (edited October 18, 2001).]

Sorry about the double post. This computer here at work needs to be taken out back and shot.

Frizzell

------------------
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in a confederacy against him."
-Jonathan Swift

"Good in theory...
Lousy in practice...
It implies that I am expendable. I am many things. I am bright, personable, charismatic and not a bad dancer but expendable? No."

[This message has been edited by Frizzell (edited October 18, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Oh, and the guy who plays Stephen's father is the same guy who got that bug put in his ear by Khan, except a LOT heavier.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Paul Warfield. He also play an alien ship captain in TNG. The universal translator couldn't handle their language, so this alien captain had himself and Picard transported down the the surface of a planet to go through certain experiences together...

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Paul Warfield. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe that's Winfield.

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

You're right!
blush.gif
Paul Winfield is the actor we're discussing.

Paul Warfield was a football player -- American football...

Sorry, it's 2:26AM here, and the synapses are misfiring...

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Sorry, it's 2:26AM here, and the synapses are misfiring... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doesn't matter what time of day for me, my synapses always misfire.
laugh.gif

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

Gropos had a very specific purpose in the Arc. It announced "the rattling of sabers".

Earthgov knew that War was coming and was making some unwise deals.
Earthgov had Also LIED to their own General about the problems and difficulty of his mission.
If he'd known earlier just how tough a target they were handing him, he would have demanded a larger force.
Someone didn't WANT a larger force. They wanted a Body Count.

Politicians at their slimiest.

It also served, as JMS likes to do, to put FACES on the guys out on the dirty end of the stick.
By the end of the episode, those weren't Casualties.
They were People. Dead People.
That's what War is really all about.

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

And now, we've seen Londo change coats.
We've seen G'Kar cry.
We've seen Sheridan and Delenn take covert action, contrary to their worlds' instructions.
We've even seen Ivanova's human-style-sex dance.
laugh.gif

Things are getting racheted up every episode.

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

[This message has been edited by Mondo Londo (edited October 23, 2001).]

Last night's episode on SciFi, Knives, had Londo in a position where the best thing he could do was kill his childhood friend. He's begun to realize that maybe some of his decisions haven't been right. But, like MacBeth, he's going forward come hell or high water.

Too bad for Londo it won't be high water...

Don't you want to shake him and tell him to snap out of it?!?

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

I would agree that season 2 is not the best of the B5 seasons, but most of it was necessary. You need filler episodes for a story arc like B5 before everything go's to hell in seasons 3 and 4 and the aftermath in season 5. It was a lot better then season one though (though the last few epps of season 1 were realy good).

And I still laugh when Delenn repaid John inviting her to dinner by inviting him to dinner. I LOVE the bit where she tells him that if he so much as eats wrongly, Lenier who spent 48 hours straight making it would have to start all over again...and at the end he is fully asleep.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Chris O'Farrel (edited November 05, 2001).]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back