• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

SciFi.com Chat w/ Dean Marshall (12/6 @ 9 PM ET)

One more piece of trivia about Changeling Nets.
They are illegal most places.
Not because of their "disguise" capabilities.
They are actually rather easy to detect if someone thinks to look. They consume a LOT of energy, so they show up on scanners like a road flare.
The problem is that the energy field is so intense it sorta messes up the person wearing it.
Prolonged use fries their brain cells and they tend to go nuts, have seizures and otherwise become social embarrassments to their friends.
So, If a Ranger is using one, it's either very dangerous for him, or the Minbari have made some vast improvements in the Tech.

It may be the Vorlon tech version, or some other advance.

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> So, Dean, what color are your pom-poms?

Ro<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Purple with gold trim.

DM

------------------

Purple with gold trim? Eek! My high school colors! How traumatic!

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

Yeah - it's been a while since I've seen The Gathering (one of the only things Babylon 5 I actually *try* to avoid), so I forgot about the negative effects of the changeling net. Feedback, or something. I don't think the Rangers would be that careless.

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

When I phone interviewed Dean last Sunday, I think the circmstances were different to what the chat goers will experience.

Dean, I think I have to get your admirers going by saying you were in bed.

I also have to say that I think Dean probably had been drinking, and probably had about 10 women in his bed too, and wild party going on in the background. Theorizing only of course.

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>(Okay, that'll be $30 as promised for boosting your repuation.) Hee hee. </font></td></tr></table>

------------------
"In the book which is my memory, on the first page of the chapter which is the day that I met you, appear the words: 'Here begins a new life'"

Antony, Dean doesn't need any help. He's a real cutie!

Has Dean sat in on any of the other B5LR chats? If so he should realize that they have been going quite well so far. And now that Channe has finished defending her thesis, she'll presumably be there too!

Last time we had something like 1/3 of that room at least b5lr.com people that I immediately recognized. So there will be plenty of adoring fans there.

Hmmm, maybe I should ask him what he'd do with 10 women that he couldn't do with 2 or 3. What do you think?

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hypatia:
Hmmm, maybe I should ask him what he'd do with 10 women that he couldn't do with 2 or 3. What do you think?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excellent question. I wonder if the moderator will let that through though... perhaps he should just answer it right here. *evil grin*

Sounds like the chat will be fun. Once again, I'll have to miss it... very much looking forward to the transcript!!
laugh.gif

------------------
"Narns, Humans, Centauri... we all do what we do for the same reason: because it seems like a good idea at the time." - G'Kar, Mind War
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

Well, Kribu, I agree.
laugh.gif
What about it, Dean, huh?

And by the way, Kribu, scifi.com does edit it's chats sometimes. At least I've seen chats where whole question/answers get cut out. But Lyta's transcripts are WORD FOR WORD what was said.

Once again, thanks Lyta! It's very kind of you. I'm usually cooking dinner during the chats (its 7pm here in Arizona during the chats) and my ISP usually cuts me off at least once during any chat, so I get to see what I missed.
crazy.gif

------------------

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

I agree - thanks, Lyta (and Crazybillyo for that previous transcript)! It's a very great favour and help to all of those who can't be at the chat for one reason or another.
smile.gif

------------------
"Narns, Humans, Centauri... we all do what we do for the same reason: because it seems like a good idea at the time." - G'Kar, Mind War
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dean Marshall:

But I don't remember a single thing. Just bad dreams of tequila, pom-poms and some guy in a full length rubber jacket

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This may not be the time or place......but Dean, I REALLY need that jacket back.
See you at the regular time this week?

wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

And I'll see you for some hot cyber chat tonight.

------------------

Hypatia - Wouldn't you know it, but my ISP has been giving me some rather horrid problems. It'll connect to the number, and then stop short of connecting to the service itself. So, if I'm not there, everybody, think of me sitting at my desk, annoyed, muttering something like "Rats. Foiled again..."

And Dean? Heave a sigh of relief and thank NetZero for being fickle - you'll be let off easy!
wink.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AntonyF:
I also have to say that I think Dean probably had been drinking, and probably had about 10 women in his bed too, and wild party going on in the background. Theorizing only of course.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So THAT'S why they give chat guests a typist!

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>This may not be the time or place......but Dean, I REALLY need that jacket back.
See you at the regular time this week?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is pretty funny my dear friend, Gus Lynch!

Cheers! -Warren- "Kit"
laugh.gif

------------------

Gus, I thought I reconized the pom-poms, they were actually tassels to your rubber outfit. Oh no, it's all coming back to me....I hate myself.

As for the ten women to two thing, (why is this sounding like one of those "how many so and so's does it take to screw in a light bulb" questions?)

Although like many men I've had fantasies of two, the reality is I've have a short attention span. One is more than enough.

I'm not a robot, goddamnit, I can't work like an assembly line.

The only way I'd have ten women in a bedroom with me is if by some stroke of luck, it was an all female film crew shooting my latest film noir music video with Gus and Warren as the back-up, pom-pom weilding hussies. I mean that in a good pom-pom weilding hussie way.

Love Dean

See y'all at the chat. For those you can't make it, see ya back at my crib, we're shooting at 7PST. You'll understand if I say, women only.

Thanks for the press Antony, I won't tell them about your coke night.

------------------

Crazybillyo, sorry I left you out. Thank you, as well. I do like those transcripts.

Channe, if that happens to you, try again. Just get off and try logging on again. That worked for me last week during the chat. I missed the beginning, but got there for most of it. Then got kicked off and had to come back again. And my ISP isn't even free! Geeze.
mad.gif

Dean: fair enough!
wink.gif
Sounds like it will be a fun chat tonight. But I'm just a nobody anyway, so feel free to tell me all about Antony's coke.
laugh.gif

------------------

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

[This message has been edited by hypatia (edited December 06, 2001).]

I should be there, if my memory does not fail me again. Perhaps someone should post a quick reminder at about nine that could be deleted later.

I even thought of a question that hasn't been asked of the other actors.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

Well that was interesting.
smile.gif

------------------
A proud member of the Wind Swords.
"War is life and death is the only true peace."

Yes, it was. I have to tease Dean, though. "Watch Dean torture the moderator with really, really short answers" came to mind!

He's had a lot of Shakespearian experience. And he was much MUCH more reserved than he is here at Antony’s board!

And, as Channe said, he gives “Vorlonish” answers! I just have to tease, sorry.

I’ve also noticed that every single actor seems to say his favorite scenes were with G’kar! Hmm. This is either a great publicity tool, or that Andreas Katsulas must be one heck of a guy. (Or A.K. is handing out $100 bills, he he he.)

------------------

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

Well, as promised ... here are the transcripts:

Dean Marshall Chat Transcript (edited)
Dean Marshall Chat Transcript (unedited)

The first is an edited version for easier reading and the second is the raw file (with some line breaks to make it readable).

------------------
Monica Hübinette | http://monica.hubbe.net/ | The Abyss : B5 | Seattle, WA
It is an infinite helix, the dance of two souls resonating, like the twist of DNA, like the vast universe. --Banana Yoshimoto (Lizard: Dreaming of Kimchee)

[This message has been edited by Lyta (edited December 06, 2001).]

Thanks, Lyta. I was hoping to get home in time to join in for at least part of the chat, but it didn't work out that way.

Off to read the Vorlon...

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back