• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

SciFi.com Chat w/ Dean Marshall (12/6 @ 9 PM ET)

Lyta

It is time again for your friendly reminder to chat with Dean Marshall this Thursday at 9 PM Eastern.
smile.gif
I plan to be there and will grab a transcript that will be posted here soon after.

I don't have anything specific in mind to ask so, if you cannot attend and have any questions you would like people to ask, feel free to post them here.

Connect your IRC software client to events.scifi.com and join channel #auditorium to participate. Chatters with a java-capable browser may use SciFi's java chat client at http://www.scifi.com/chat/chatnow.html

Visit http://www.scifi.com/chat/ for more information.

------------------
Monica Hübinette | http://monica.hubbe.net/ | The Abyss : B5 | Seattle, WA
It is an infinite helix, the dance of two souls resonating, like the twist of DNA, like the vast universe. --Banana Yoshimoto (Lizard: Dreaming of Kimchee)

Hey, SataiDelenn, I'd better see you there!
smile.gif

And I can go to this one. My NetZero access has been reinstated for the month of December.

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

Lyta, you are really becoming the voice of the B5LR chat-people-who-can't-be-there!
smile.gif

Seriously, though, it is nice of you to ask. Channe's question was a great one, and the moderator sent it through fairly early, I think.

Thanks for the reminder. This week is so busy. Our accredidation committee is doing the rounds this week, but I doubt I'll still be working on Thursday at 7pm.

See you all there!
cool.gif

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hypatia:
Lyta, you are really becoming the voice of the B5LR chat-people-who-can't-be-there!
smile.gif

Seriously, though, it is nice of you to ask. Channe's question was a great one, and the moderator sent it through fairly early, I think.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh, that is me! Just call me the ambassador for the B5LR chat-people-who-can't-be-there or BCPWCBT for short.
laugh.gif

Eh, I figure it is better to put the option out there since I had read how some people were not able to make it to some. I figure I better put my presense on the chat to good use.
wink.gif

As for Channe's question, I had that all cut and pasted in just waiting to hit enter as soon as the moderation was enabled. Needless to say that it was fairly high up there in the queue. I think it is also the sign of a good question that they picked it fairly early (either that or they didn't have anything else to use - hehe).

*can't wait for Warren's chat*

------------------
Monica Hübinette | http://monica.hubbe.net/ | The Abyss : B5 | Seattle, WA
It is an infinite helix, the dance of two souls resonating, like the twist of DNA, like the vast universe. --Banana Yoshimoto (Lizard: Dreaming of Kimchee)

Thanks for the compliments.
smile.gif

I have numerous questions from Channe's Bag O' Questions coming up, for both Dean and Warren.

*evil grin*

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

Channe, how did your defense go?

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> I have numerous questions from Channe's Bag O' Questions coming up, for both Dean and Warren.

*evil grin* <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go easy Channe, I'm no thick skinned Drazi, I'm no versatile Narn, I'm just'a human, godammit.

Do I not bleed? Do I not feel slightly turned on to your *evil grin*?

I'll answer your questions, only if you drag everyone from this forum with you to the chat. I'll promise to be boring and lifeless. Like a soap dish.

Flirting is permitted of course and if you're cute like Enid-Raye Adams cute, I could go Minbari in a heartbeat.

There will deffinaltly be a shout-out to all the B5LR'ers. It'll go something like this;

WWWWAAAAAAAAGHWWWWAOOOOH YEAHHHHHH AAHH!!
But only cuz I think you folks are special. And there's five bucks in it for everyone who shows up.
Of course money will only be available if we go to series and they don't replace me with a monkey.

"boom boom"

ps- Channe, don't forget that crazy chick from down under. SataiDelenn, bring the cheese, I'll bring the red wine, K?

------------------

hypatia -

Not only did I pass, but I nailed it. My talk, my outline, and the rest of my presentation not only held water and floated - but it bounced on it and walked on it, too!

In the question session, the readers and the board asked the kind of questions that I was hoping to answer - not the ones about "why didn't you choose to go through these research methods," or "I'm not too clear on this point," but the kind that they ask when they know you know the answer... it was great! I had a lot of fun! I only have to do minor rewrites! (Which is the best part!)

Dean -

Ooo. I never go easy. Humans are hardy, perennial, inventive, creative, strong, annoying, wierd, strange, impulsive, emotional, and containing that insufferable, inexhaustible interior chutzpah that allows a) us to strive to and achieve greater heights than our grandparents dreamed possible and b) able to blow ourselves to smithereens because one dignitary said something derogatory about the other dignitary's Pekinese...

Hmm, I sorta wandered off there. Point is - me, going easy? I titter in the face of simplicity! I'm going to ask you if that thing your character uses is actually a changeling net!

Oops! I let the cat out of the bag...

And on the Internet... we're ALL Enid-Raye Adams cute!
laugh.gif

------------------

Oh _ _ _ _!

How do I get out of this online chat session!

Just kidding, just kidding!

Cheers! -Warren T. Takeuchi- "Kit"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

------------------

Don't worry, Warren - no matter what we ask you, it has to go through the moderator.
smile.gif

------------------

Channe,

Warren (Lets out a deep breathe of air...and takes a long and relieved enhalation and once again, Warren's blood becomes oxygenated, thus turning him back to his original colour...)

Whew...(wipes his sleeve on his forehead)

Cheers! -Warren-
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> changeling net!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
What might that be, Channe?

Dean

------------------

The assassin used a changing net in 'The Gathering' out on DVD now. Mentioned verbally in season 2.

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>
A device that allows its wearer to look like a different person or race.

G'Kar uses one in the third Centauri book. Probably designed by the Minbari.
</font></td></tr></table>

------------------
Andrew Swallow

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dean Marshall:

What might that be, Channe?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's evading, that's what! I know, he's signed a super-secret document with the studio, and I bet the scripts were printed on red paper so they couldn't get copied... you know, an ultra-secret hush-hush affair so I wouldn't know if it was a changeling net or not... It's all a grand conspiracy!

Just kidding
smile.gif

*starts getting impatient* January is too far away. I'm beginning to go nuts with antici - SAY IT, SAY IT, SAY IT - pation.

Anybody get that reference?

-Channe, mistress of the bizarre

------------------

Heh heh, Thanks Swallow.

Nah. I think it's symbiotic like Spidey's old black and white. It feeds off of me while I sleep. Goes to bars in a "Warren Takeuchi" guise and scores everything. Men, women, aliens, huge floating blobs of sentient plasma..everything.

But I don't remember a single thing. Just bad dreams of tequila, pom-poms and some guy in a full length rubber jacket.

It never let's me be myself even to myself. The part I'm playing is actually only a mild mannered gifted amoeba but it keeps showing me this Malcolm Brigdes guy in the mirror.

BUt i digress.....

"bb"

------------------

The amoebas are taking over. First Dean Marshall, tomorrow the world.

------------------

The original point to this post is now gone, so I edited it.

Give me a break, folks - I'm working 18 hours a day this week.
smile.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by channe (edited December 05, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
I'm beginning to go nuts with antici - SAY IT, SAY IT, SAY IT - pation.

Anybody get that reference?

-Channe, mistress of the bizarre

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, after I jumped to the left and took a step to the right, it all fell right in line...
cool.gif

Ro Magenta
wink.gif

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dean Marshall:

But I don't remember a single thing. Just bad dreams of tequila, pom-poms and some guy in a full length rubber jacket.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's an insomnia inducing vision if ever I've read one...
shocked.gif

So, Dean, what color are your pom-poms?

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back