• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Sci-Fi Chan going under?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KoshN:
Alright, what's going on with Red Dwarf? This one's news to me.

I love Red Dwarf.
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They're making a movie.
laugh.gif
http://www.reddwarf.com/ - All the info you could need there.

------------------
Marc Cosgrove

"From chaos, order came. As was inevitable." -Summoning light

Thanks, Dark Lord. I'd heard they were doing a movie, but I was not sure if it was true or yet another rumor.
smile.gif

And it looks like they got the entire cast back. What luck!
laugh.gif

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

"I think I speak for Mr. Bloom and myself when I say: you are the only director in the World who can do justice to 'Springtime For Hitler' " - Zero Mostel, The Producers

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Aren't you concerned about the repocussions on Rangers chances if sci-fi goes down? If not.... why are you here? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My whereabouts shouldn't concern you in the least. Where were you on the night of July 5, 1995? But to get back to the issue at hand, even if those reports are true, which I hope to god they are, then I seriously doubt the channel will fold by Jan. 19 -- or whenever they choose to air LOTR. Other than that, why should I care? Unless you heard an announcement that I missed, LOTR is a tele-movie. There are already people here speculating on season one, when it's damn likely that there may not be a series at all. I wouldn't put it past the brain-trust at the sci-fi channel at all.

------------------
The Revolution Will Not Be Televised.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Originally posted by PsionTen:
Given the fact that you don't know my definition of "failed," then I fail to see how you can judge what everyone else in existence thinks about my opinion. But if your point was that my opinion is unpopular, so friggin' what. I could care less what the pom-pom squad for the sci-fi channel thinks about my opinions.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No need to attack drakh. Since you posted no justification for your assertion that "Sci-fi has failed as a cable channel." , drakh was just the only one who tried to elicit your reasoning. The rest of us didn't care enough to investigate.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Originally posted by timber:
Aren't you concerned about the repocussions on Rangers chances if sci-fi goes down? If not.... why are you here?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Originally posted by PsionTen:
My whereabouts shouldn't concern you in the least. Where were you on the night of July 5, 1995? But to get back to the issue at hand, even if those reports are true, which I hope to god they are, then I seriously doubt the channel will fold by Jan. 19 -- or whenever they choose to air LOTR. Other than that, why should I care? Unless you heard an announcement that I missed, LOTR is a tele-movie. There are already people here speculating on season one, when it's damn likely that there may not be a series at all. I wouldn't put it past the brain-trust at the sci-fi channel at all.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anybody , who's wants to see To Live and Die in Starlight air in January 2002, as it is currently planned, should not want the Sci-Fi Channel to go under, until at least after the movie has aired. With regards to your "I seriously doubt the channel will fold by Jan. 19", well really bad stuff does have a knack for happening. The only way for it not to affect the airing of the movie would be for it to happen after the movie is aired.

We are hoping for a Season 1 of Babylon 5: Legend of the Rangers, during the interminably long wait for the movie to air. Is there some law against that? I agree with you about the brain trust at Sci-Fi, but hope is all we have.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 2002 on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dark Lord:
They're making a movie.
laugh.gif
http://www.reddwarf.com/ - All the info you could need there.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks. I'll check it out.
smile.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>We are hoping for a Season 1 of Babylon 5: Legend of the Rangers, during the interminably long wait for the movie to air. Is there some law against that? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did I say there was?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Anybody , who's wants to see To Live and Die in Starlight air in January 2002, as it is currently planned, should not want the Sci-Fi Channel to go under, until at least after the movie has aired. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for repeating what I said earlier.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>No need to attack drakh. Since you posted no justification for your assertion that "Sci-fi has failed as a cable channel." , drakh was just the only one who tried to elicit your reasoning. The rest of us didn't care enough to investigat <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you call that an attack then you are more sqeamish than most. But next time I'll read the "OFFICIAL RULLES ACCORDING TO KoshN" more closely, I must have missed that justification clause. But since you don't care what I say anyway, then what problem is it of yours what I post? You don't see me knocking on your front door everytime I read a bunch of nonsense you posted.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Fine. You pretend you can't speak and I'll pretend I can't hear you. We'll get along famously. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or how about this: You pretend that you can't hear me and I won't speak to you. Kinda funny really since thats the way I wanted it all along -- you were the one that first addressed me, I could've cared less what you posted before then.

------------------

OK I am closing this now to prevent any more conflict.

If anyone wish's to discuss this more with more information or whatever feel free to do so in a new thread.

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PsionTen:
If you call that an attack then you are more sqeamish than most. But next time I'll read the "OFFICIAL RULLES ACCORDING TO KoshN" more closely, I must have missed that justification clause. But since you don't care what I say anyway, then what problem is it of yours what I post? You don't see me knocking on your front door everytime I read a bunch of nonsense you posted.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fine. You pretend you can't speak and I'll pretend I can't hear you. We'll get along famously.
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

Latest posts