• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

S5 R1 Sound problem

zantarous

Regular
Just got my copy of S5 today (only one floater). I put in disc six to see the extra features and then decided to listen to the opening credits on Objects at rest where to my horror I found a couple of the lines (My beautiful City in flames and Get the hell out of my galaxy) are almost inaudible. The other lines are fine, I then tried the first episode and things are slightly better, I then tried the second episode and this sounds about right.

Anyone else have this issue? I am using a 5.1 amp and the rest of the set seems to play fine, now I figure I at least have one of the opening sequences which plays fine (I will go through latter on) so I am undecided on weather or not to return it. But I haven’t seen any other posts about it so I am assuming its just me.

Its not the sound set up, its those specific lines, the audio suddenly goes very quite then comes back up again. Plus I have the centre speaker turned up quite high anyway.

I noticed the same thing. Also, 'Do you have anything worth living for' is low. I believe that they may have used the first mix of the opening, not the more dynamic remix that was done later in the season. I was disappointed, too.

Jan

It might be worth checking its not on surround sound. I have that problem with some PS2 stuff, they default on to surround sound, which I don't have, so half the dialogue's inaudible.

VB

I noticed the same in "Learning Curve". I haven't payed enough attention to notice it in previous episodes... Delenn says someting like "mm beammm iti n flaims" almost inaudible... I have to check others....
Ahh, and I tried with Dolby Surround 5.1... I have to try in normal stereo to check the difference

Cheers guys now at least I know its not just my set, the lines that are quoted by you lot are the same lines where the audio drops.

It is on a surround sound set up all other disc play fine.

If you are having trouble with your PS2 go into the dvd menu (you must be playing a DVD) and look for volume option, turn of digital out, and you will now have an option to up the volume from to +2 (this makes a lot of difference).

If you are having trouble with your PS2 go into the dvd menu (you must be playing a DVD) and look for volume option, turn of digital out, and you will now have an option to up the volume from to +2 (this makes a lot of difference).

Seriously, who uses PS2 to watch and actually enjoy DVD videos? :LOL: Sorry for my sarcasm, thanks anyway for that heads up. I'll try that with my friends PS2 once I arrive there... He has the R1 S5.

If you have no other choice then it will suffice. I started of with one till I invested in a nice Pioneer player

It happened when it was on TV as well to some degree. For some reason, especally the last five episodes, some of the lines were very much muted, especally the "Get the hell out of our galaxy."

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back