• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

S2, S3 *and* S4 in 2003?

LordRemy, what are you my teacher?! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Celledusoleil, /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.
I think being bilingual means not perfecting any one language. But then again, who does? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I've seen anglophones who write worse than I do. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I think Shaal Mayan is right, lets start getting back on track. Hopefully, I'll have the money when season 2 comes out.

I just went over to Claudia Christian's web page and said she would be doing interviews for seasons 2- 4 so here's to hoping that the rumor is true that we will have our dvd's in a few months time than anticapted.

OK, OK, getting back on topic ...
Claudia interviews would be cool. Claudia behind the scene footage of practicing "doing it" the Earth way would be cooler ("Acts of Sacrifice" -- "Next time, my way.") /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

And it would be really really really nice if the rather clumsily cut footage from "Epiphanies" was restored. That's right, I haven't forgotten "Epiphanies", and neither should JMS.

Yes, as I sat in the editing room, I thought, "Hmmm... if I do this, it'll get the Sheridan and Delenn fans' knickers all in a knot...."

Every scene goes through some editing... there is barely a scene we film that doesn't get a line or two or three snipped. Sometimes the edit is noticeable, sometimes it ain't. The only thing you can decide is, "Does this move the story along or not?" I was chasing about another 20 seconds (which was all we're talking about here), and the back-and-forth didn't really add anything to what was already in that scene. I treated it the same as I would treat any other scene.

I don't recall any startling or abrupt edits in the episode. Sounds to me like someone who saw an earlier version (perhaps at a convention) noticed the missing few seconds. But JMS's comments don't really admit that it was a bad edit, and his point about the extra footage not moving the story along would make him inclined not to restore it. That's assuming the excised footage even exists at this point. The unused negative may well have been thrown away. Even if it were restored, if it had been cut before Christopher Franke scored the episode you'd have 20 seconds without music under it, which might be disruptive if the rest of the scene had music. Restoring cut footage can be an expensive and complicated process, and the result isn't always worth it.

We'll have to see.

Regards,

Joe

Sorry about this diversion from the topic, but I was interested enough to check Webster's on the word "spelt", which
is also listed as the past and past participle of "spell" (chiefly Brit. usage).

Now to topic, did I see somewhere that the Ranger movie is also going to come out on DVD. This I gotta see,
because I have never seen the original, nor could I find it on video.

Rangers hasn't been released on VHS in North America, and isn't scheduled to be released on DVD anywhere at the moment.

It was just released on VHS in New Zealand (and, I assume, Australia.) There have been rumors all year about a U.K. DVD release, but no one has provided a date and it doesn't appear on Warner Home Video's DVD and VHS release list for January through November 2003. DVD Orchard in Australia is listing a March 2003 DVD release, but they are the only site in R4 showing a release date for this title, and they are notorious for taking pre-orders for discs based on nothing by rumor.

You may want to keep your eye on the pay-per-view listings up there. I believe all the B5 films ran on PPV in Canada five or six months ago.

Regards,

Joe

Thanks for the info, Joe. Unfortunately I don't subscribe to pay-per-view. I've seen all the movies except the Ranger
movie which was never picked up by SPACE.

Actually, Kribu, I *meant* "spelling of spelling". After all, we're not all gathered 'round, chatting face-to-face. (Though I would whole-heartedly wecome the opportunity!)

As to the topic....

I saw a "Maling of B5" show way back, er...."hosted"?....by Miss Christian, and it was a delight to watch. (Pity I couldn't tape it, though.) Hearing her thoughts and comments, especially for "Acts of Sacrifice" ("Next time, my way" indeed. <tee hee>) would be a wondrous thing to be-hear.

LordRemy
PS Yes, I know "be-hear" isn't a word, but as we wouldn't be "beholding" Claudia giving her two pence......sometimes I do this for fun!

Well, I thought of that, and both work. I just thought "spelling of spelling" sounded better, had a better..."rhythm" to it. I discovered a long time ago that wordplay is fun.

LordRemy

Latest posts

Members online

Back