• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Running times for Tv MOVIES

Well I just got the great news that my local station will be screening the first 5 B5 movies. Can anyone tell me the exact running time of River of Souls and Thirdspace. I don't trust IMDB cos they say that B5 eps are 45 min long when I know for sure they're 42 min.

Thanks in advance

I assume IMDB is correct and so are you - the running time is around 45 minutes in NTSC and 42 minutes in PAL (different number of frames per second or something, hence the difference in length). South Africa uses PAL, yes?

IIRC, the TV movies were just around 90 minutes in PAL. Could fit two of them on a 3-hour-tape. Can't give more exact estimates though, sorry.

Thanks Kribu. I never realised there was a difference.
Yes, we do use PAL.
But then Zathras " cannot run out of time (on tape), there is infinite time. You are finite, Zathras is finite, and this is wrong tool."

Running times on the IMDB can also be off depending on whether the person doing the reporting did or did not include the opening and closing credits. But if you're using PAL it is probably the 4% speed up that accounts for the difference. (Sound film is intended to run at 24 frames per second. PAL video runs at 25 frames per second. So to do a PAL transfer they simply run the film faster.)

Regards,

Joe

According to the back of my illustrious video cassete cases (PAL) they're listed as 90 mins (approx). Hope this helps.

Back