• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Richard Biggs on "Crossing Jordan"

Richard Biggs on \"Crossing Jordan\"

I usually TiVO Crossing Jordan (mostly because Jill Hennessy is hot :)) and fired it up tonight to watch last night's episode. It was a rerun from earlier in the season, an episode I hadn't seen before, but clearly one of a group that Hennessy didn't appear in. (I think she was pregnant during part of the season.) Anyway, I kinda spaced out during the earlier part of the episode, and was checking my e-mail when I heard a familiar voice.

I looked up to see Richard Biggs playing - bit stretch - a self-righteous and slightly egotistical doctor. :) I don't want to say more for fear of spoiling the episode for anyone who might catch it later. (A&E is airing the reruns and will probably have the rights to the current season once the new one starts in another month or so.) Suffice it to say that the character he plays isnn't really very much like our beloved Dr. Franklin. This is the first "new" bit of work I've seen him in since his death, and it was a little strange. It was sad seeing him in the odd NYPD Blue rerun or on the B5 DVDs, but it was shocking in a way to see him in a recent performance that I hadn't seen and wasn't aware of. For a split-second it was almost like he was back - like the news of his death was a mistake or a dream or something I'd only imagined. It was a very strange moment.

Regards,

Joe

Re: Richard Biggs on \"Crossing Jordan\"

Hrmm...since I'm not from US....What's a Tivo?
I assume it's some sort of a recorder :)

Yeah, TiVO is a brand name for one digital video recorder (DVR) and associated service - and one of my new favorite toys. :) Just a couple of clicks and it records a whole season's worth of a show, skipping reruns or not depending on the settings you choose - and it keeps up with schedule changes and pre-emptions thanks to its daily updates. It is basically a specialized PC running a Linux-based operating system and recording shows to a hard drive.

Regards,

Joe

Yeah, TiVO is a brand name for one digital video recorder (DVR) and associated service - and one of my new favorite toys. :) Just a couple of clicks and it records a whole season's worth of a show, skipping reruns or not depending on the settings you choose - and it keeps up with schedule changes and pre-emptions thanks to its daily updates. It is basically a specialized PC running a Linux-based operating system and recording shows to a hard drive.

Regards,

Joe

Does it skip commercials?

When there is an upgrade that does, and it comes to Sweden, I'm up for one! :LOL:

/IamS

Build a device which recognize a higher volume setting since the commercials in Sweden has a much higher volume than the rest of the tvshow.

I don't have one, so Joe can correct me, if I'm wrong, but I believe that TIVO has a button that skips ahead three minutes, to jump past the commercials, but they are recorded. With TIVO, you can get home a bit late, and start watching your favorite show, from the beginning, while it is being recorded, and catch up, by skipping commercials. Also, as they like to advertise, you can "pause live television." The hot new gadget is a combination TIVO/DVD Recorder. You can dump things from its hard drive, onto a DVD, in about one third the actual recording time. I don't have one, but I do lust after one... :D

I saw that episode of Crossing Jordan. It was sad about Richard's passing. IMHO his star was just rising. I also remember the NYPD Blue appearance. On top of that Tim Choate is gone. I remember seeing im in an episode of Matlock.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back