• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Ren & Stimpy

ElScorcho

Regular
Chicken pot pie
Chocolate covered raisins
Glazed ham!

I remember reading something about Spike bringing the show back with the original creator John K awhile ago, but have heard nothing since. They said it was supposed to be geared toward a more adult audience (as was originally intended it always seemed to me) in the vein of their Striperella and that rat lawyer cartoon. Anybody heard or seen anything about it?

The original series is a classic (before Nickelodeon took over production and made it into half-hour fart jokes) and still cracks me up whenever I see it. Psychosis has never been as hilarious.

Happy Happy
Joy Joy

You bloated sack of protoplasm! I absolutely loved that show! And it definitely was no kiddie cartoon either. It would be great to see them back in action. I'll have to see if I can find out anything about that.

I loved Ren and Stimpy, and hasten to point out that creator John K. used fart jokes often, but it was certainly better before control was taken from him.

It WAS brought back on Spike TV. I watched it a few times, and it wasn't very good. First, only about half an EP was actually new, with the other half being something from the original show. And, pretty much ALL the humor of the new stuff was just gross and scatalogical, but nothing more, none of the social/political/religious satire of the original. Sad, really. I haven't checked lately to see if it is still playing, but it was followed by the rat lawyer show, IIRC.

I watched an episode, and I too didn't enjoy it. I haven't even looked to see if they are still showing it on spike.

Boo. :(

Oh well, some things are best left in the past.
Hopefully, they'll release the early ones on DVD someday.

There's still Family Guy.

Ah yes, I recall catching the first ep or so of the newer version of R&S. I, too, didn't much care for the new style. It seemed that it was better when it was airing on a kids' network with material that often seemed to probably go right over the heads of your average child, but nothing that really went TOO far than when it eventually aired on a network where the humor could be thrown out the window so they could make it as gross as possible. I mean, I like some really lowbrow stuff, but I just wasn't that entertained with the new episodes.

Except that one where Ren sees the psychiatrist horse about his violent tendancies. That was, of course, gross, but oddly funny.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back