• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Re: Poll: When you view the telemovie, will you watch it...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hypatia:
By the way, have you ever heard of/seen tv spots that have been specifically designed for cats?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I think a Whiskas ad meant for cats was broadcast here a while ago, for a couple of times.

None of my three cats reacted (although the youngest one often watches TV, especially if there are birds, mice or other small creatures running around on the screen - she tries to catch them).

So it didn't work with my cats. But hey, not all ads work for all people either.
laugh.gif

------------------
"Narns, Humans, Centauri... we all do what we do for the same reason: because it seems like a good idea at the time." - G'Kar, Mind War
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

Most of my interests, including B5, are not shared by family and friends. I will be watching alone.

I also need not worry about interruptions, as I own the greatest invention of all time: Tivo.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

I'll be watching it alone (I doubt the cats will take much interest) because I work on Saturdays. I'll probably get home sometime between 12:30 and 1:00 AM on Sunday, and watch the tape I'll have made earlier in the evening. (I doubt I'll be able resist watching right then, rather than doing something rational like going to bed and watching it the next day.) I'll be really ticked off is anything goes wrong with the tape.
smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by whitestar90:
When I eventually get to see it it will be alone so I can enjoy it without people talking....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I watched it over at my cousin Jim's house (has a big screen), there would be for following interruptions:

1. At least 8 "let the dog out" breaks (4 dogs times 2).

2. At least 6 times that my cousin Joyce would ask how it ends, and other questions.

3. At least 2 bathroom breaks (not for me).

4. At least 2 snack breaks (not for me).

5. At least 1 telephone call.

6. At least one coughing fit by Jim where you can't hear the TV.

crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
Argh!

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
I'll be watching it alone (I doubt the cats will take much interest) because I work on Saturdays. I'll probably get home sometime between 12:30 and 1:00 AM on Sunday, and watch the tape I'll have made earlier in the evening. (I doubt I'll be able resist watching right then, rather than doing something rational like going to bed and watching it the next day.) I'll be really ticked off is anything goes wrong with the tape.
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, you always have the 2nd encore showing. If all else fails, I have you covered (unless my plans backfire on all three airings, which is hopefully unlikely).

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
I'll be watching it alone (I doubt the cats will take much interest) because I work on Saturdays.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you told anyhting about B5 to your cats? It is possible your cat knows nothing about babylon 5 and thus has no interest.

Ah we need new converts especially cats
smile.gif

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>If all else fails, I have you covered (unless my plans backfire on all three airings, which is hopefully unlikely).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the offer. I actually plan to get my parents to tape it as my plan B. (That will mean driving over to there house early on Sunday, but will still let me watch it hours before the encore.) Plan C is to both watch and tape the encore Sunday night. With all of this going on, I doubt I'll need a plan D.
smile.gif
At least I hope not.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Have you told anything about B5 to your cats?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've tried, but they never pay attention to anything I say. (They're cats, after all.) And they almost never watch anything on television, except when I put in their Video Catnip tape - then they try to climb into the screen to grab the giant squirrels and birds they see. They don't even watch cat product commercials on TV. (And I know they recognize representations of cats. I have a blanket printed with painted cat faces and they're both terrified of it. They also stay away from a Christmas card a friend sent me that has a photograph of a cat on the front. Of course, that could just be their aversion to the little Santa Claus hat the cat is wearing in the picture.
smile.gif
)

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

By myself naturelly. My one friend that likes Sci-Fi thinks that B5 is a rip-off of Star Wars
crazy.gif
, my mom doesn't like B5, I never asked why, and my dad doesn't like Sci-Fi, so by myself with a nice brand new tape.
smile.gif

------------------
Oh, and Mundanes Suck!

Check out my board

My husband, my son, and my dog. And yes, the dog sometimes actually seems to be watching when we watch B5.

------------------
"Triple cypher...wine...women...song." - Ambassador Londo Mollari, Born to the Purple

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Londos6:
My husband, my son, and my dog. And yes, the dog sometimes actually seems to be watching when we watch B5.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I watch TV with the dog in the room, she gets between me and the TV (not in the way, but below line of sight) and stares directly at me. Then, if I glance at her, she wants to play.

When I'm watching the movie, she'll be in a different room.
smile.gif

crazy.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

With all of this going on, I doubt I'll need a plan D.
smile.gif
At least I hope not.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men....
shocked.gif

For the Buffy musical, I had a buddy back me up, and he taped it in Mono. I felt like Frankenstein in the blind man's house in Young Frankenstein. At home when I discovered this, I just looked at the ceiling and shook my head.
crazy.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

January 19, 2002 at 9PM on The Sci-Fi Channel. http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited December 09, 2001).]

I'll probably watch this one alone, but I have been involved in several B5 Viewing events in the past.

In each case we made a simple announcement:

Anyone Who Talks During The Episodes Dies!

I don't recall anyone dying, so I guess it worked.
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif
wink.gif

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

I'm sure that there will be at least one or two of my buds who are fellow B5 afficionados to join me in front of the wide screen, with the prologic turned up loud. We will also be joined by one of my best buds from the plant kingdom. I will turn off the phone ringer, the answering machine sound, and the flashing light connected to the phone that lets me know it's ringing when the sound is up really loud. No interruptions while I tape it in SVHS without commercials. And I'll probably watch it again immediately, either the replay, or the tape. And as I didn't frequent BBoards back when B5 was new, I greatly look forward to all the analysis and speculation about B5LR with everyone here, that I'm sure will follow!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
cool.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
cool.gif
shocked.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
You're speaking treason! Olivia De Havilland as Maid Marian
Fluently! Errol Flynn as Robin Hood
You're talking treason! Olivia De Havilland as Arabella Bishop
I trust I'm not obscure. Errol Flynn as Dr. Peter Blood

Pallindromes of the month: Snug was I, ere I saw guns.
Doom an evil deed, liven a mood.

Well, I live with my mother and depending on when it's on, she might just watch it with me. Lots of times, I take over the TV to tape B5 and she would watch it with me. Normally she doesn't watch B5, but if I am taping, as I plan to do with the Ranger movie, she will watch it.

------------------
Lorien: Who are you?
RW: The salad man.
Lorien: Why are you here?
RW: To be the salad ambassador.
Lorien: What do you want?
RW: Everyone to know the joys of salad.
Lorien: Do you have anything worth living for?
RW: Yes, my salad bars.

Once I figure out what state I'll be in when I'm watching it, I'll be able to figure out with whom I'll be watching it...

------------------
-- Marty

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MartinRoth:
Once I figure out what state I'll be in when I'm watching it, I'll be able to figure out with whom I'll be watching it...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Leading a nomadic existence, are you?

How many candidates are there?
shocked.gif

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Leading a nomadic existence, are you?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

laugh.gif
I thought Marty was referring to his mental state. (Though I wasn't sure if he was talking about the effect that might have on those watching with him, or the number of his personalities that might decide to show up.)

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

laugh.gif
I thought Marty was referring to his mental state. (Though I wasn't sure if he was talking about the effect that might have on those watching with him, or the number of his personalities that might decide to show up.)

Regards,

Joe

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, his profile lists two states as locations, so I was thinking a bit more literally than you...
smile.gif

Though both considerations could be germane... lol.

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Technomage Roanna:
Well, his profile lists two states as locations, so I was thinking a bit more literally than you...
smile.gif

Though both considerations could be germane... lol.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was, of course, being deliberately ambiguous.
smile.gif

The location options are New Jersey, my primary residence, or Maryland, where I've been spending most of my time working over the last year, at my company's other office. With an outside shot at Alabama, where we have yet another office at which I'm probably going to end up spending some time, but that's not likely to happen quite so quickly...

And geographic state may have some bearing on mental state, anyway.
smile.gif

As for which personalities show up... well, I can't imagine that JMS would produce something that would make the worst of them surface...
wink.gif

------------------
-- Marty

[This message has been edited by MartinRoth (edited December 11, 2001).]

I can probably con my sister into watching it with me. I'll just have to tell her that the weapons officer is better than Ivanova (She's a big Ivanova fan, but that may be because they're both Susans).

Admiral Dave

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back