• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Rate the TV movies...

D

**DONOTDELETE**

.. in order from favorite to least favorite!
  1. In The Beginning
  2. The Gathering
  3. A Call To Arms
  4. River of Souls
  5. To Live and Die in Starlight
  6. Thirdspace

In the Beginning
A Call to Arms
To Live and Die in Starlight
Thirdspace
The Gathering
River of Souls

A Call to Arms
In The Beggining
The Gathering SE
Thirdspace
River os souls (yawn)

have not seen LoTR (waahhh) /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

To me "The Gathering" was not a TV Movie, it was the series pilot, so I am not going to count it:

1) In The Begining
2) A Call To Arms
3) To Live and Die in Starlight
4) Thirdspace
5) River of Souls

1. In the Beginning
2. The Gathering S:E
3. A Call to Arms
4. Thirdspace
5. River of Souls

The Rangers movie has yet to be released in the UK /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

1. ItB
2. ACtA
3. TLaDiS
4. Thirdspace
5. River of Souls
6. The Gathering (the original since I haven't seen the special edition)

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Recoil spake:
<font color=yellow>To me "The Gathering" was not a TV Movie, it was the series pilot, so I am not going to count it</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
...but you put down TLaDis, which was also a series pilot, and effectively so was ACtA (though arguably it was more of a bridge into the series).

1. In the Beginning
2. A Call to Arms

Those are the two I enjoyed the most and in that order. The other B5-movies were worth watching too of course , but those two were truly the best in my opinion! /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

1. A Call To Arms
2. Thirdspace
3. Legend of the Rangers
4. The Gathering
5. In the Beginning
6. River of Souls

The two last ones belong in the "B5 movies I am not going to want to watch again for quite some time" category. /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

In The Beginning
A Call To Arms
Thirdspace
The Gathering
River of Souls

*In The Beginning
*The Gathering
*To Live and Die in Starlight
*Thirdspace
*Call to Arms
*River of Souls
Sure would like to add another movie or two to the list! /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by LightNZ:
<font color=yellow>A Call to Arms
In The Beggining
The Gathering SE
Thirdspace
River os souls (yawn)

have not seen LoTR (waahhh) /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
River of souls was the one with the Soul-hunter. I could not believe how weak that tv-movie ended up being. I think it was even worse than Third Space for me. They had one of the most talented actors around and he seemed held back somehow. He looked like he was on drugs or something, actually.

I'd say:
In the Beginning
A Call to Arms
The Gathering (although it took time for me to like the original pilot to B5, I was a fool and I admit it. This was a very good tv-movie)
"LOTR" - but in fairness, I didn't really like The Gathering when I first saw it. It took time for me to "warm up" to this new "B5 thing". If I'd had a few more episodes (what am I saying, if I'd had a few episodes) of a series for Rangers, I'd probably look back and rate this one higher.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Nukemall:
<font color=yellow>...but you put down TLaDis, which was also a series pilot, and effectively so was ACtA (though arguably it was more of a bridge into the series).</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
TLaDiS is a TV Movie. It can only be a pilot, or a bridge to a series, if there is actually a series, which there isn't yet and probably won't be. So you pretty much have to consider that one a stand-alone movie like the others.

ACtA was a bridge to a series, but The Gathering was literally a pilot. *shrug* I just dont put it in the same catagory as the rest I guess. To me it is Episode 1, not Movie 1. Not that it matters really...

1) In the Beginning
2) River of Souls
3) A Call to Arms
4) To Live and Die in Starlight
5) Thirdspace

Yes, I happen to like River of Souls. I hadn't seen season 1 before I saw this, so the concept was new to me, and I liked it. However, I haven't seen it in a long while, so I'm not going to attempt to argue in its defense.

Why would anyone want to argue how they vote? This is an opinion poll! /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif Opinions are sought after, nothing more.

If we degenerate into in-fighting, that's just our lot.

In the Beginning
A Call to Arms
The Gathering(I have not seen the original)
Thirdspace
River of Souls

By the way since this encompasses all the shows this thread should probably be in the General forum.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Doctor Gonzo:
<font color=yellow>By the way since this encompasses all the shows this thread should probably be in the General forum.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
Well, it's still the B5 movies we're talking about. Having the Rangers movie there doesn't really matter, it's also a B5 movie, as is A Call to Arms which isn't even a Crusade pilot.

So I do think this is the right forum for it. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

yes, it's in the right forum ......all the movies start with "Babylon 5" with the "movie title" underneath
(apart from LoTR)

I find it so interesting how peope rate the movies completely differently to each other

1) In the Beginning
2) A Call to Arms
3)The Gathering/Thirdspace
4)River of Souls

Still wanna see Legends dammit /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back