• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Rangers theme....

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

I was just thinking, if Rangers get's turned into a series *crosses fingers*... what would your theme tune for the intro be?

Myself, I hope Christopher Franke uses his piece he made for B5: Into the Fire game before it was axed. Battle sequence F as was named by musicofb5.com which I believe is legal since it was remixed, maybe not though, if not delete this thread.
smile.gif
I think it'll be great for the show (mid section) from what I hear it has hope, action, is fast paced and has purpose.

------------------
'The brighter the light, the darker the shadow... symmetrys a bitch' - Me

'Remember, light travels faster than sound. That's why some people seem bright until they speak.' - Me

First Cool Hive by Moby. I know its an impossibility unless JMS or Franke likes or is friends with the musician. But it has a dramatic futuristic but still epic feel to it.

------------------
Marcus: You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe.

I think it would be great if the "Into the Fire" piece was used. But I'm sure JMS will want something new and something with a "Rangers" feel to it.

------------------

I think they should use "Harvester of Human Sorrow" by Death.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

Well, pardon if I sound a bit negative -I'm not, I for one am a bit tired of the ever bombastic action music with a "jolly" (to some extend) theme. The 3rd season intro music was to me the best because it has a very good illustrating way of telling you that this season is going to be kick arse and something really bad is going to happen. The industrial bit was way too cool IMHO
smile.gif
Now if JMS is making B5LR a dark series/movie I really hope he'll get Franke to invision that in a tasteful and maybe even somber way and make it a bit more evil.
wink.gif
Just my take on it
smile.gif

------------------
Thomas Banner
Diverse 3D

[This message has been edited by Banner (edited August 07, 2001).]

PUNY BANNER, HULK SMASH!

sorry

always wanted to do that

*ahem*

I do remember JMS saying they're an infiltration type unit. (Like Mission Impossible?) If so, I'd also like to hear a theme that has an edge of danger to it. Less heroic, more gritty. Yeah, I agree. The B5 themes are too typically heroic for the concept.

BTW, my compliments on your site, Banner. You do amazing work!
smile.gif

------------------
"We are all Kosh."

[This message has been edited by taichidave (edited August 07, 2001).]

Here we are, speculating on the theme music for a show we've only heard a little bit of. We need lives, we need lives, we need LIVES!

------------------
Channe, Freelance Writer Extraordinaire and The Next JMS
--
B5 Synchroninity of the Day: I just found out that the new dorm I'm living in next year has been named Breen Hall.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> We need lives, we need lives, we need LIVES! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No we don't. We have B5.
laugh.gif

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

Noooo, wait... B5 is life...

Yes...

*vorlon sound*

------------------
Channe, Freelance Writer Extraordinaire and The Next JMS
--
B5 Synchroninity of the Day: I just found out that the new dorm I'm living in next year has been named Breen Hall.

taichidave,

Glad ya like my stuff
smile.gif

Yeah, heroic is the right word
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I wish season fifth didn't reflect that season as well as it did.....poorly
wink.gif
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
We'll have to wait and see I guess.

Need lives? What is life?.........

------------------
Thomas Banner
Diverse 3D

Personally, I think they should sample the theme music from The A-Team. Then the should paint a cool red stripe down the side of the ship.

I pity the fool that don't live and die for the One!

------------------
You are finite. Zathras is finite. This...is wrong tool.

jtk724@hotmail.com

Zathras, that was the funniest thing I heard in a while!

I ain't gettin on no spaceship with no crazy fool!

Every other episode they could cobble together a tank out of duct tape and scrap metal.

Oh my, the memories...

------------------
"We are all Kosh."

Yeah, those Rangers are bad news!

I can see it now. The bad guys lock the Rangers in some old shed and they build a Minbari Flyer out of an old bulldozer, some spare tires, and a blowtorch.

There's ALWAYS a blowtorch.
wink.gif

------------------
You are finite. Zathras is finite. This...is wrong tool.

jtk724@hotmail.com

Youse fools gots to be jokin'.

Them A-Team fools couldn't shoot for beans.

Many's the time I seen them fools shoot off 10,000 rounds of ammunition apiece, puttin' holes in everything for a mile around.

EXCEPT the bad guys they was supposed to be shooting at.

Talk about a Waste of ammunition!
crazy.gif

It's a miracle they didn't shoot Themselves, their aim was so bad.

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

[This message has been edited by bakana (edited August 10, 2001).]

As far as I know, JMS is having Franke do the music for the movie "To Live and Die in Starlight", and if there is a series, then I am sure Franke would do the music for it as well. If so, than that is great because, in my opinion, Franke's music is great. It fits the show to a T, and even the music alone could set the mood for the show.
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
Sheridan to Bester:
And I could nail your head to the table, set fire to it, and feed your charred remains to the Pak'ma'ra.

Stop your jibberjabber.

------------------
Bus

"Yeah, we could start our own game where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing's the way it seems."-Homer

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back