• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Rangers Questions

Natron

Beyond the rim
What is the command structure of the Rangers? From what I've seen the White Stars are captained by humans and crewed by Minbari, but are there specific ranks? From what I've read, Martel has Dulann as his first officer.

Also, what ships do the Rangers use. I always thought they just used White Stars (and Victory-class Destroyers when more are built). Know with LotR, there is the Liandra, which is a Minbari ship.

If the Rangers use Minbari ships as well, do they also use ships from other races?

------------------
"We live for the one, we die for the one."

I read somewhere that all Rangers are considered at the same rank under Entil'zha (or Ranger One, after about twenty years).

Where would that put the captain?

I'm probably wrong - would someone like to eludicate?

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "I wonder," said Frodo, "but I don't know. And that's the way of a real tale."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Natron:
What is the command structure of the Rangers? From what I've seen the White Stars are captained by humans and crewed by Minbari, but are there specific ranks? From what I've read, Martel has Dulann as his first officer.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They really didn't go into detail in B5 with the ranks, the only Rangers that we've seen with rank to them were captains. Not all ships are captained by humans.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Also, what ships do the Rangers use. I always thought they just used White Stars (and Victory-class Destroyers when more are built). Know with LotR, there is the Liandra, which is a Minbari ship.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're correct about the Whitestars and the Victory class Destroyers. The Liandra is a ship that was used by the Rangers 20 yrs ago they didn't have whitestars back then.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>If the Rangers use Minbari ships as well, do they also use ships from other races?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes and no... They used many different ships in the begining of the Shadow War, but that was when they were first buiding up their forces. They didn't have the Whitestars back then either.

------------------
A proud member of the Wind Swords.
"War is life and death is the only true peace."
war-demon@b5fan.b5lr.com

They use whatever ship is Approriate to the job.

Remember also that the Rangers are NOT primarily a Military force.

They are an Information gathering force.

So, some rangers will serve aboard various ships.
Others will infiltrate the Dark Places where no one else will go.
Yet others will cruise around the galaxy looking just sort of keeping their ears open for any sign of Trouble.
The Universe being the sort of place it is, they will find Trouble.
They will Deal with it.

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back