• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Rangers on Region4 DVD. Will other regions follow?

Lord Refa

Beyond the rim
I got this from the B5 Spoiler Junkies website:

-----
B5 DVD News #2: According to Michael D's Region 4 DVD Info Page , a Legend of the Rangers DVD will be released in Australia November 1, 2002. You can view their LOTR page and their Season 1 page while we wait for JMS confirmation. (Big thanks to James O'Keefe!) [Fri Jul 12, 2002]
------

Don't know if it's true or not, but still it's good news.
Maybe the Region 2 release will follow soon after. Warner UK seems to have a 'see it first on video' policy regarding the B5 movies.

Re: Rangers on Region4 DVD. Will other regions fol

Ok, maybe I am missing something here but I don't see any information on the B5 Junkies site. Could it just be assumed that Rangers is coming out on DVD since B5 Season 1 is? *scratches her head*

I thought I was just me, because I rarely find what people are talking about when they have a link. I didn't find it either.

Quick, tell me what region I'm in. And how to hack it if necessary.

Re: Rangers on Region4 DVD.

You have to hunt for the mention on the Spoiler Junkies page (it is under "DVD and Book News") But since the entire blurb from that site is quoted in the first message, there's really no need. You want to use the link for "Michael D's R4 DVD" site to see the information they're talking about. Do a title search on Babylon 5 and you'll find the TV movie as well as S1 listed for release. (S1 with an October 1st date.) However, both items carry the notation "Data Not Verified" and absolutley not details, so it is hard to judge how seriously to take this.

While TV Zone in the UK was reporting a July R2 DVD release date for Rangers earlier this year, their most recent issue changed that to, "TBA 2003". At this point nobody seems to know nuthin'. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

I finally got my DVD copy hardware/software today and Rangers (commercials edited out) was the the first VHS tape I copied. Surprised me but it came out okay. It is (at present) an expensive route to go. Now for my B5 tapes! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

ooooooooooooh October 1 - hope NZ has it too then /forums/images/icons/smile.gif (for season 1 that is)

Well, I thought I put enough links in that post. But if you really want to see the news on the spoiler website, here's the link: http://www.visi.com/~wildfoto/b5store.html#video , check the second point in the section video/dvd, which should be on the top half of your screen by then. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I am aware that it is no official news. But the Season 1 dvd boxset also hasn't been officially announced yet, and I already pre-ordered that one!

I expect the R2 release of Rangers later this year (like mid-november), but that's just a gut feeling.

Well I for one hope it does I liked Rangers and wouldn't mind having it on DVD as they last longer than cassette tapes.

I'd probably buy it if it came with a signed apology. It wouldn't be totally unprecedented ... Kevin Smith apologized for Mallrats after all.

Ah, now I see where it was on the B5 Spoiler Junkies site but it was hard to find. Even though there was plenty of links and such, it was not enough to get me excited about the news. I don't know this "Michael D" site at all and I don't really consider the B5SJ site to be a rock solid source of news either. To me, it sounds more like a rumor than anything. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Let me know when JMS or WB says/hints about this release and then I will start taking it seriously. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
To me, it sounds more like a rumor than anything.

[/quote]

"Rangers specialize in reports from distant places. Rumors are at the core of what we do." (Lenonn, In The Beginning)

haha true,

but this one is not being denied much /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

PsionTen wrote:

Kevin Smith apologized for Mallrats after all

[/quote]

Kevin Smith wrote:

There's this infamous moment where I was on stage giving an award away with Laura Dern, and I opened up by saying, "I want to take this time to apologize for Mallrats. I don't know what I was thinking." It was said in a very tongue-in-cheek fashion; it was a joke. But some people thought it was serious.

[/quote]

I would be so happy to hear of a Region 2 DVD release of Legend of the Rangers. Even though I'd preffer DVD, I'd still settle for a VHS release. Because I live in the UK and don't have Sky TV, LotR remains the only piece of B5 material that I haven't seen and don't own.

I'd love to see the movie, but as yet I have no means of doing so /forums/images/icons/frown.gif
God I hope they do the r2 dvd soon, I fear it may never come to pass

Kevin Smith wrote:

There's this infamous moment where I was on stage giving an award away with Laura Dern, and I opened up by saying, "I want to take this time to apologize for Mallrats. I don't know what I was thinking." It was said in a very tongue-in-cheek fashion; it was a joke. But some people thought it was serious.

[/quote]

It was in the commentary section of the Chasing Amy dvd where I first heard it... then I saw another apology on his website a few years ago. I'm not sure how serious he, but it was funny.

OMG OMG OMG OMG - and they also list the box set for season one

yay, looks like I won't have to wait long, over here in NZ - yay

Because I live in the UK and don't have Sky TV,

[/quote]

Not having Sky TV has nothing to do with it. Bravo (current rightsholders to B5 in the UK) tried to get LotR but were told by Warners that it will be available on video first in the UK.

Whether that will be VHS or DVD has not yet been specified bar a few persistent reports in TVZone that the DVD was coming. However JoeDeM is firmly of the opinion that DVD is most likely, especially given that the B5 series VHS tapes have been withdrawn.

All I can say is "Hurry up, already" !!

Thanks for that. I agree, I am desperate to see LotR, I would love to get it on DVD with lots of nice extras. btw, what is Bravo?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back