• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

R2 Season 2 DVD on Monday!

Seems to only have affected a few batches - I guess Warners may sort out some sort of replacement service on their own, who knows...

Anyway, for now I'm awaiting a reply from DVD.co.uk, and see if they can shed some light on the problem.

Seems to only have affected a few batches - I guess Warners may sort out some sort of replacement service on their own, who knows...

Anyway, for now I'm awaiting a reply from DVD.co.uk, and see if they can shed some light on the problem.

Maybe this is France's revenge on the UK for Blair supporting Bush in that recent little war thing... although I figured they'd go after R1 releases, what with that American nonsense of calling French Fries (chips) "Freedom Fries."

I was about ready to "freedom kiss" my girlfriend after a date before I broke out the "freedom tickler."

:D

-Tim

Maybe this is France's revenge on the UK for Blair supporting Bush in that recent little war thing... although I figured they'd go after R1 releases, what with that American nonsense of calling French Fries (chips) "Freedom Fries."

I was about ready to "freedom kiss" my girlfriend after a date before I broke out the "freedom tickler."

:D

-Tim

However, there seems to be a problem. The booklet is in French

Ooohhh yeah, I got a French booklet too, but I bought my set from blackstar.co.uk. It's not a huge deal, as I know a bit of French and can figure out enough to decide what episode I want to watch ("Sheridan est kidnappe par des aliens"... HAH! Methinks the French Academy of Language isn't as vigilant as it once was).

My R2 box states "second series", instead of "second season". Has anyone else noticed this? It looks kinda odd when standing next to the R2 season one box, which correctly states "first season" :rolleyes:.

over in the UK sometimes they say "Series" instead of "season"... my Red Dwarf DVDs say "Series 1" and "Series 2" f'rinstance

finally got my copy from Play.com, and I too have a french booklet. And of course I got all the other known problems with this set:

second series instead of second season on the front and side (they got it right on the back side, don't know about the booklet, cause that's in french)
an upside down Minbari cruiser, right at the center of the booklet!
all six discs were loose, but no scratches
all corners (?) of the box are damaged

My compliments to Warner Brothers for their excellent quality control

I also got the booklet is in French when prorder a couple days days befor the release from Amaxon.co.uk, do anyone know if the there is an French version and if so does that have the title on the BOx in Frenh and not just the booklet

Latest posts

Members online

Back