• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Quotes from Season 5

Loadhan

Regular
Many of us like the opener for Season 5 - with important quotes from the first four seasons (and one from "The Gathering") and how they were presented. If we were to continue that and take quotes from season 5 - quotes that summed up important parts of the season - what do you think some of the quotes would be?

I can think of a few. G'kar's third attempt at innurgrating Sheriden - after the assassin is taken out: "You want to be president?" (though this is much more humorous than most of the quotes) ... Maybe something from his Articles of Declaration instead.

Probably a quote from either Byron or Bester during the end of the Telepath incident.

Either Lyta saying "You cannot stop someone who's been touched by the Vorlons" or Sheriden's reply to her.

Regeat Virini: "... and turned off ... the planetary defense network."

Londo: "This is where it starts to go bad, for all of us."

And probably something from the last two episodes.

Anyone want to suggest any other quotes they think are as important as those from seasons 1 - 4?
smile.gif

Loadhan

(And I know I might have paraphrased the quotes ... it's 2:15am and I'm a bit sleepy, heh)

------------------

How about Sheridan, after officially ordering the whitestar fleet into the Centauri War, saying:

"Any chance we had of keeping this station neutral just went up in smoke."

Or from Sleeping in light, Sheridan toasting:

"To those who could not join us. In memory most bright."

(The exact wording may be off, i haven't seen these episodes in a while)
smile.gif

------------------
"The quiet ones are the ones who change the Universe ... The loud ones only take the credit."
--Londo

"Words are inadequate to describe the burden of my heart."
--Marcus

Season 5 isn't my favourite but there are some good lines and the episodes got better and better towards the end.

1. When Lochley explains to Sheridan that she wants to be in perfect command without intermissions from Sheridan or anyone else.

2. Whatever G'kar has said.

Regards,
TheInfection

------------------
Things change... long time gone by.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheInfection:
2. Whatever G'kar has said.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"It's animal magnetism. What can I do?"
laugh.gif

Yeah. Um. I guess that's not what you meant...
blush.gif
*crawls back under her rock*

I loved season 5, as I've said before, it's right up there with S3 for me, so it's very hard for me to point out any particular quotes.

There were a lot of very profound statements made throughout S5, especially in the latter half, but also in the teep storyline (as much as I disliked Byron, I have to say that the storyline itself raised a good number of interesting issues).

If I remember something in particular, I'll post it later.

------------------
"There are things out there beyond imagination, and I have a rather healthy imagination." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com | Kribu.net

[This message has been edited by Kribu (edited February 12, 2002).]

Some of my favorite lines from S5 are:

A View from the Gallery-

"The Centauri love this?"

"a hundred and fifty credits, if you can believe that"

Kingdom of the Blind-

A minister addressing Londo
"It must be a quite a burden to put up with him."

G'kar answering
"Tell me about it"

Objects in Motion-

"You have all your little weapons, and then you have all your medium weapons, and then there is your one *BIG* weapon."--afterward--
"Pleased to meet you Mr. Garibaldi"

There are many other Londo ones that I just can't think of. I'm not sure on the exact wording of any of the ones I posted, I'm sure some of them are off.

As far as the credit sequence goes I liked Lyta's quote, "It was the year everything changed." JMS had wanted Pat Tallman to say this one because she was pregnant with her first. And the second one I like was Londo's, "It was a new age." Mainly because Londo is the coolest character of all.
cool.gif

------------------
YOU ARE NOT READY FOR IMMORTALITY!

Try this one:

Londo in his dream with G'Kar in "The Very Long Night of Londo Mollari": "I'm sorry!"

------------------
Dulann: You don't solve your problems by hitting them.
David Martel: Yeah, well, it made me feel better.

I dont remember the episode or the exact wording, but there was a while paragraph that G'Kar said when he was talking to his Narn 'followers' where he was compairing religion to shining a light on the wall. Good stuff.

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

The Regent to Londo in "In the Kingdom of the Blind" refering to the Drakh:

"They like you you know. They say you're just like them."

------------------

Objects At Rest
"At times, you may end up far away from home. You may not be sure of where you belong anymore. But home is always there. Because home is not a place. It's wherever your passion takes you." Sheridan's recording to David.

------------------

Good one Dragon.
smile.gif

Delenn to Sheridan while meditating in front of a candle in "And All My Dreams Torn Asunder" just as the Centauri War is about to start:

"When it goes it, it is gone forever...So many candles will go out tonight. I wonder that we can see anything at all, some days."

------------------

OK, it's not from S5, but the one when G'kar is addressing the League of Non-Alligned Worlds after the Centauri win the war. The one about holding a population captive against its will. Anyone got the exact line for that? I'm currently writing a paper on revolts against European Imperialism, and it would be cool to include that in my essay. My Global History teacher is a moderate B5 fan, so he'll understand the reference.

------------------
Religion is the opiate of the masses.
-Marx

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by davethedivine:
The one about holding a population captive against its will. Anyone got the exact line for that?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is this the one (from The Long, Twilight Struggle) you're referring to?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand. The Centauri learned this lesson once. We will teach it to them again. Though it take a thousand years, we will be free.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
"There are things out there beyond imagination, and I have a rather healthy imagination." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com | Kribu.net

The best line imo is from the season 5 episode: A View From the Gallery

The two maintenance workers on their lunch break:

So what is the new captain like?

After they had the "tastes like chicken" discussion
laugh.gif

------------------

I know it was touched on in the first post, but my favorite line is by Sheridan to Lyta:

"You're not the only one that's been touched by the Vorlons."

Or perhaps Lyta to G'Kar:

"Oh and you were wondering about my pleasure threashold...well I recently found out, I don't have one
cool.gif
..."

------------------
Wipster

"Live Long in Prosser"

They're good quotes, but I think some people are missing the point. They need to be short one-liners that sum up a stage in the plot, "There is a hole in your mind"; "No one here is exactly as he appears"; "President Clark sign a decree today declaring martial law.", not huge monologues that would take up the entire narration in themselves.

Some of my suggestions are:
Lochley- "I'll run this station my way or not at all!"
Sheridan- "I will not be intimidated!"
G'kar- "Do you want to be President?"
Byron- "There are more of my people on their way here"*
Delenn- "Do you want to live?"
Londo- "I'm sorry."
Byron- "We don't betray our own kind."
Bester- "If they can hurt you or kill you, they will."
Byron- "I was his Protégé."*
Sheridan- "It’s not the policy of this station to bargain with terrorists."
Bester- "It's over Byron!"
Sheridan- "You're a symbol to these people."
Byron- "So are you, remember that."
Lyta- "Remember Byron."
Morden- "You will betray the Anla'shok"

Sheridan- "If it ends out there, they’ll remember it."
Lorien- "I have been waiting for you."

*- Lines marked with an asterisk are not the exact quotes.

Ok, so that's about the first half of the series dealt with, but it is by no means comprehensive. There is no mention of the attacks on shipping lines. I'll leave the rest for others to fill in.

------------------
"Watch the Shadows, they move when you're not looking..."

[This message has been edited by En'til'zha (edited March 03, 2002).]

Delenn's comment after breaking the guy's finger in Downbelow.

"You have nine others-- for the moment."

Heh.

Cool.
cool.gif

------------------
"We are (not) all Kosh."

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back