• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Questions

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

I was wondering about galen's ship.

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> </font></td></tr></table>

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>It was destoyed in Invoking Darkness, yet he has one in Crusade. Was he given a spare? And what of his crysilis(appologies for spelling). Was his link with his original ship the same as his place of power? Also, I think the Technomages have a chance of surviving. In the Centauri books, Kane and the other Cloister mages dissapear a lot. This could indicat they are utilising the illusion basic spell, which would mean that they had also achieved unity with there tech. If all the mages did that, I'm sure they'd stand a decent chanc of solving the tech problem</font></td></tr></table>

------------------
* "That hardly seems likely, does it?" >>>^<<<

[This message has been edited by GalenISmyPAL (edited January 01, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by GalenISmyPAL (edited January 02, 2002).]

As you can see Admin. I havn't done the 'spoiler' thing corectly. I would appreciate you changing that as I cant

------------------
* "That hardly seems likely, does it?" >>>^<<<

You can go back and edit your post. Just click the
edit.gif
button above your first post, and you'll go to a page that is not unlike when you first created the topic.

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

Yes, as our resident Pak'ma'ra mentioned, you can edit your posts. Correctly used spoiler tags should look like this. Just leave out the underscores, I used them to make the thing visible.
smile.gif

[_spoiler]Something which spoils.[/_spoiler]

As for the question itself:

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>I think that a mage's connection to a ship, staff or similar item is less intense. They are similar to a place of power, but less important.

I also believe that a mage is able to survive the loss of a place of power, but that depends on the person and how greatly he/she relied on it.

About conncting to the tech *below* the Shadow programming, well, there are probably different ways to achieve it. One involves learning a spell language like Galen's and casting the "void spell". But spell languages are individual and many may be unable to learn it.</font></td></tr></table>

[This message has been edited by Lennier (edited January 01, 2002).]

Move the /SPOILER box to the end of your text. Changing

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> </font></td></tr></table>

to

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>
Hiding what is inside.
</font></td></tr></table>

------------------
Andrew Swallow

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GalenISmyPAL:
I was wondering about galen's ship.

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>It was destoyed in Invoking Darkness, yet he has one in Crusade. Was he given a spare? And what of his crysilis(appologies for spelling). Was his link with his original ship the same as his place of power? Also, I think the Technomages have a chance of surviving. In the Centauri books, Kane and the other Cloister mages dissapear a lot. This could indicat they are utilising the illusion basic spell, which would mean that they had also achieved unity with there tech. If all the mages did that, I'm sure they'd stand a decent chanc of solving the tech problem</font></td></tr></table>

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>Galens ship was destroyed- but the fact that he has a new one and if u remember many of the mages died in the hiding place so its very possible that he implanted his tech into a new ship. As for kane and other cloister mages dissapearing- thats not a basic spell - if u are talking about galens one equation spell- because that uses shadow skin- and they dont disappear- galen in crusade disappears by using an acutally longer equation attached wit his staff- remember in the first episode when he fights the drakh but can't be seen (no shadow skin) Technomages dont need to be one with their tech in order to use the basic 7 equations- galen had figured them out before he was 'one' </font></td></tr></table>

------------------

[This message has been edited by GreyVorlon (edited January 01, 2002).]

Any mage technology which they wish to

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>bond permanantly with requires a piece of their crysalysis. Galen's staff contains a piece as does his original ship. I believe that the larger and more complex the technology the more crysalysis is used. A place of power would require a more intimate connection than a ship. This means that the loss of his ship did not affect Galen as badly as a place of power being destroyed would. Galen probably has more than enough crysalysis to connect to a new ship and the Grimlis(sp?) would probably be happy have something to do while trapped in the hiding place assuming they have the needed materials. </font></td></tr></table>

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back