• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Question for Stargate fans

It definately beats the shit out of ST.

Considering the current state of Trek, talk about damning a show with faint praise. :p

I've watched Stargate SG-1 off-and-on. Unfortunately, here in Canada, I've yet to see anything after 5th season, I think. The season where Daniel Jackson "ascends".

It's an alright series, I enjoy it, but aside from a crush on Michael Shanks, I can't say I'm hooked on it. I think it's because I'm either ambivalent or annoyed with Jack O'Neill. Just not my favourite character.

Why don't you like the replicators? I thought they made rather good nasties. Not malicious or evil, just relentless in their need to do what they are programmed to do. And what I liked best was...

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

they were a terrible accident. And there was an early chance to contain/deprogram/destroy them, and our hero, Jack O'Neill, blew it.

I liked the episode where they finally confronted the evolved replicators on the Asgard planet which they had taken over

First of all, GeoKuutio:

You're quoting from someone who's paraphrasing from the show's "bible." This is no real indication of the character..especially once the actor gets a hold of it and begins to make it his/her own.

The fact that Sheppard would by early description seem to have a lot in common with O'Neill, could well be why he and Jack hit it off in the pilot, which makes Jack put a lot of faith in the character.

As for the remote DHD in the ship, this is not theoretically impossible based on cannon within the show and is a part of the new more "evolved" idealogy that RC and BW have been wanting to bring to the universe.

Give it time and I'm sure that the cast and crew will make SGA its own show. The same great writers and crew are still behind it, so I have faith that they will strive to give SGA its own identity while making it great, well written and made, fun, exciting and still be SG.

Until they completely let me down over a period of time (like Trek has), I will give them and the show the benifit of the doubt and an open mind and chance to find its own voice.

As for the replicators mentioned above:

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

According to Gateworld the evolved replicators will return in S8 of SG-1, having escaped the time distortion device and will wreak new havoc upon the universe. Reportedly we'll discover that this is why the Asgaurd did not answer when we called for help against Anubis' attack on Earth.
WARNING: Do not follow this link unless you want to be SPOILED!
Link: http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s8/801.shtml

Give it time and I'm sure that the cast and crew will make SGA its own show. The same great writers and crew are still behind it, so I have faith that they will strive to give SGA its own identity while making it great, well written and made, fun, exciting and still be SG.

I will. This whole situation just reminds too much about Crusade. But I won't judge Atlantis any more before I have seen it.

I will. This whole situation just reminds too much about Crusade. But I won't judge Atlantis any more before I have seen it.

That is all anyone could ever ask. Thank you.

It took B&B slapping me in the face and insulting me before I decided it was time to completely turn my back on ST. SG will have to do the same or become badly written and poorly produced, directed and acted before I'll say, "Ok, time to move on." At this point, it is still well made and fun, with interesting characters and relationships and compelling stories and some nice arc material.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back