• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Question: 24 Season three, is it any good?

Shism

Beyond the rim
In July, 24 season three becomes available trough Play.com. I haven't seen it yet (because it hasn't yet aired in my country). So my question is, should I buy it? Is it its money's worth?

I am an avid fan of both season one and two, but have read headlines to articles that spell doom on season three's quality. The reason I never read the articles concerned, is because I want to avoid any spoilers that may be contained.

So if anyone good give me a SPOILER-FREE recommendation I would be very much obliged.

It starts off OK, then there's some stupid crap, but then around half-way through, it gets very good. Right now, it's pretty exciting, focusing on the classic 24 action/drama and has pretty much eliminated the extra garbage that was weighing it down.

My opinion (have seen all up to episode/hour 18, haven't yet seen the last one that has aired). I'll try to avoid spoilers .. this is just my personal general opinion/feelings.

The season started off somewhat okay but I didn't expect it to be as good as the previous seasons. Mid-season started getting slowish and was not as exhilaratingly exciting as one might have hoped for - but then, this has also plagued the first two seasons IMHO. Then it started picking up pace again and I would say that the last several episodes have already been absolutely excellent stuff.

At this rate, season 3 might almost become my favourite season. :D Definitely seems better than S2, which was getting (IMHO) already a bit too far from reality sometimes. (Not that one doesn't have to suspend disbelief with S3 either, but it kind of seems a bit more down-to-earth.)

I'd recommend it .. I will definitely get this season on DVD, I think.

I'm going the same way as you Shism.

I found season two just apallingly bad. But when I watched the second half of the season over a week, I found it not so bad. Probably becuase I got caught up in the story, rather than waiting week for week, and analysing how stupid it was.

So I've not watched season three. What I plan to do is wait for DVD, and cram it all in. But I will probably wait for the price to drop to under £30, then grab it.

All sorts of places. Amazon, Play, DVD.co.uk, Playcentric... those are the usual culprits.

You should seriously check out season 3. As with all televisions series', it has its ups and downs. But it has started kicking some major ass lately.

First half was kinda slow, but interesting. Second have has been just plain awesome in every way.

(Not that one doesn't have to suspend disbelief with S3 either, but it kind of seems a bit more down-to-earth.)

Well, that has always been 24 largest weakness. Just how much shit can happen in the span of 24 hours anyway?(especially with Kim in season two, just about EVERYONE she meets gets her further and further into trouble)

Anyway, thanks for your input everyone, perhaps I'll pick it up after all.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back